WA-KOMO News: Clinton +17/+16
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:31:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  WA-KOMO News: Clinton +17/+16
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA-KOMO News: Clinton +17/+16  (Read 1782 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 06, 2016, 11:58:34 PM »
« edited: October 07, 2016, 12:36:36 AM by heatcharger »

http://komonews.com/news/local/komo-poll-clinton-has-big-washington-lead-big-unfavorables-inlsee-leads

Clinton - 50%
Trump - 33%

Clinton - 47%
Trump - 31%
Johnson - 10%
Stein - 4%
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 12:15:32 AM »

The margin looks about right, though third parties won't end up getting that much.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 12:35:41 AM »

The margin looks about right, though third parties won't end up getting that much.

The two-way is 50/33, with 4% undecided and I assume 13% "not voting" (no).

The non-pick rate in the two-way is 5% for Democrats, 11% for Republicans, and 35% for Independents (lol).
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 04:36:11 AM »

Hey Alcon, what do you think is more likely: Hillary flipping Whitman county, or Trump flipping Cowlitz?  And who wins WA-3? 
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 04:37:58 AM »

Margins looks correct. I think it will end up in the range 56-39%.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 04:44:31 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2016, 04:53:19 AM by Alcon »

Hey Alcon, what do you think is more likely: Hillary flipping Whitman county, or Trump flipping Cowlitz?  And who wins WA-3?  

That's a great question.  I have a really rough spreadsheet model that currently gives Clinton +1.4 in Whitman and Trump +0.5 in Cowlitz.  Pullman turnout is a pretty big x-factor, though.  I'd say Whitman if pressed, but Cowlitz will definitely veer right on the PVI.  A few weeks ago, I would have given Trump better than even odds for Mason and Pacific, and probably Grays Harbor at the worst of it (plus Clallam, although that's always a swing county).

My model has Trump +0.5 in WA-3 and Clinton +1.2 in WA-8, which I'd actually argue isn't an awful district for Trump (unlike the old WA-8).

I don't expect a sea change in the results outside of the educated suburbs, but that's enough to make King County really nasty in my model (66-25 Clinton, with Seattle 78-11).

This is a pretty hasty model based on past election input, the primary, some demographics, etc., so it's really just for fun.

What do you think?  I honestly have been skeptical of the Clinton +11-12 average for WA.  Clinton +14 or so feels more realistic, and I wouldn't be shocked if it were higher.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 09:26:39 AM »

third parties won't end up getting that much.

I don't know about that. A lot of people view Washington as safe Clinton and aren't bothering to hold their noses this time around.
evergreenarbor

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: -8.43

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 12:09:52 PM »

This looks about right, though I agree that the third-party vote will probably be a bit lower than that.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 12:12:00 PM »

I don't know about that. A lot of people view Washington as safe Clinton and aren't bothering to hold their noses this time around.

People viewed WA as Safe Obama in 2012, though, and third party voting was only a bit higher than the nation as a whole. I could buy something like 54-37, but I doubt we'll see over 15% voting third party.

I'll also be interested to see the results in Yakima. I expect Trump to win it, but it might end up closer than in 2008 or 2012.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 12:51:44 PM »

Hey Alcon, what do you think is more likely: Hillary flipping Whitman county, or Trump flipping Cowlitz?  And who wins WA-3?  

That's a great question.  I have a really rough spreadsheet model that currently gives Clinton +1.4 in Whitman and Trump +0.5 in Cowlitz.  Pullman turnout is a pretty big x-factor, though.  I'd say Whitman if pressed, but Cowlitz will definitely veer right on the PVI.  A few weeks ago, I would have given Trump better than even odds for Mason and Pacific, and probably Grays Harbor at the worst of it (plus Clallam, although that's always a swing county).

My model has Trump +0.5 in WA-3 and Clinton +1.2 in WA-8, which I'd actually argue isn't an awful district for Trump (unlike the old WA-8).

I don't expect a sea change in the results outside of the educated suburbs, but that's enough to make King County really nasty in my model (66-25 Clinton, with Seattle 78-11).

This is a pretty hasty model based on past election input, the primary, some demographics, etc., so it's really just for fun.

What do you think?  I honestly have been skeptical of the Clinton +11-12 average for WA.  Clinton +14 or so feels more realistic, and I wouldn't be shocked if it were higher.

All this is awesome. How do you see these swings affecting state leg races?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 01:42:33 PM »

People viewed WA as Safe Obama in 2012, though, and third party voting was only a bit higher than the nation as a whole. I could buy something like 54-37, but I doubt we'll see over 15% voting third party.

Obama and Romney were much more palatable than Clinton and Trump.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 01:43:12 PM »

Safe Dem. Have absolutely no idea why Trump wasted his time there in August
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 03:53:16 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2016, 03:55:56 AM by Fuzzybigfoot »

What do you think?  I honestly have been skeptical of the Clinton +11-12 average for WA.  Clinton +14 or so feels more realistic, and I wouldn't be shocked if it were higher.

Gun to my head, I probably would've picked Trump to win WA-3.  Given recent events, I'm not so sure.  As for WA-8, I would've guessed Hillary 49%-46%.  
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies