Worst Democratic President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:10:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Worst Democratic President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Wilson

FDR

Truman

Kennedy

LBJ

Carter

Clinton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 57

Author Topic: Worst Democratic President  (Read 17002 times)
RJ
« on: September 29, 2005, 11:13:56 PM »

I voted for(against) LBJ. Viet Nam was just a disgrace and virtually running Humphrey's campaign really planted the seeds of disaster for Democrats for years to come.

I have the feeling if Wilson were around today, he'd be very polarizing. What do you say about a guy who introduced formal diplomatic relations with European powers and getting involved in a war on European soil,  moves Washington warned against when he left office? What about his complete lack of recognition of minority rights? He certainly wouldn't fit in with the Democratic party today, or even the Republican for that matter.

I couldn't give the nod to Carter either. I think if people had actually listened to him and were mindful of things like energy conservation we'd be better off. He also took a serious hit on that rescue business although it wasn't his fault all together. He certainly seemed to be the wrong person for the job at that time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies