Johnson: ignorance is strength, if I can't find a country on a map I can't bomb!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:53:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Johnson: ignorance is strength, if I can't find a country on a map I can't bomb!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Johnson: ignorance is strength, if I can't find a country on a map I can't bomb!  (Read 1287 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2016, 11:07:45 AM »

If that were true, how did Bush invade Iraq?
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2016, 02:00:19 PM »

To think he was gonna be the guy to get Libertarians federal funding in the future

There isn't a single poll where he's below 5% nationally. 5% is all you need for the funding. In 2012 he almost never polled at 5% ANYWHERE.

If Johnson drops below 3% I'm voting Trump and moving to Italy.
5% in polling isn't 5% on Election Day.  I'll be very surprised if he gets there.  John Anderson had a much higher profile in an election that wasn't close (so people may have felt more open to voting for a third party), and he only got 7%.

I don't understand this.  Who cares if it looks like he's going to get 10% or 3%?  Admittedly, a 10% result would open up a lot more eyes, but even 3% would be more than most third parties usually get.  People will still talk about it.  It's not like he was ever going to win anyway.

5% is an important threshold because it qualifies for matching federal funds.

Well, if that's important to you, not voting for him is a good way to not get it.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2016, 02:11:45 PM »

To think he was gonna be the guy to get Libertarians federal funding in the future

There isn't a single poll where he's below 5% nationally. 5% is all you need for the funding. In 2012 he almost never polled at 5% ANYWHERE.

If Johnson drops below 3% I'm voting Trump and moving to Italy.
5% in polling isn't 5% on Election Day.  I'll be very surprised if he gets there.  John Anderson had a much higher profile in an election that wasn't close (so people may have felt more open to voting for a third party), and he only got 7%.

I don't understand this.  Who cares if it looks like he's going to get 10% or 3%?  Admittedly, a 10% result would open up a lot more eyes, but even 3% would be more than most third parties usually get.  People will still talk about it.  It's not like he was ever going to win anyway.

5% is an important threshold because it qualifies for matching federal funds.

Well, if that's important to you, not voting for him is a good way to not get it.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, that's not at all my sentiment.  There was a quoting mishap (my fault, probably) and the line "If Johnson drops below 3% I'm voting Trump and moving to Italy" is from an earlier post, not mine.  I'd love to see more than two viable parties in this country, although our electoral system makes that unlikely to happen.  I've voted for LP candidates a few times in the past, although I'm not this time.  (I'm voting for Clinton, if that isn't obvious from my posts.)  I was just expressing the opinion that Johnson won't make it to 5%.  If he does make it, more power to him.  But I'll be very surprised if that happens.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2016, 02:20:49 PM »

Oh, that's not at all my sentiment.  There was a quoting mishap (my fault, probably) and the line "If Johnson drops below 3% I'm voting Trump and moving to Italy" is from an earlier post, not mine.  I'd love to see more than two viable parties in this country, although our electoral system makes that unlikely to happen.  I've voted for LP candidates a few times in the past, although I'm not this time.  (I'm voting for Clinton, if that isn't obvious from my posts.)  I was just expressing the opinion that Johnson won't make it to 5%.  If he does make it, more power to him.  But I'll be very surprised if that happens.

Gotcha.  That makes sense.  Just thought I would do my part to discourage voting for Trump.  Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies