Romney's Biggest Mistake (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:38:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Romney's Biggest Mistake (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney's Biggest Mistake  (Read 15883 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 15, 2017, 08:21:55 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/ct-chicago-tribune-endorses-romney-story.html

This editorial makes the case for Romney that he should have made for the entire campaign.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 12:18:37 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

-That is a case for Obama and Paul, then, not Romney.
-Can anyone deny they were talking about Paul here? Lol.

-I.e., Romney is a boring sack of respectability politics (read: compromise with the liberal agenda). Why would I want that?

No wonder I favored Barry O over Willard in 2012. Romney offered me nothing. Not even repeal of Obamacare. Can one expect a leopard to change his spots?

Entitlement cuts for everyone, tax cuts for the rich. Not that I totally disagree, but what a terrible general election message to send!

I agree with the analysis I've highlighted.  That was Romney's campaign and it didn't sit well with an America reeling from 2008.  

The above quote SHOULD have been the theme Romney ran on.  Such a theme would have been authentic for Romney; instead of the phony "job creator", he could be a guy who made tough decisions, did the responsible thing.  He could have been a guy who made the case for states doing healthcare and not the Federal Government, and used his state as an example, instead of running away from taking credit for a success because Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin would bash him on talk radio of he did.  

The above quote describes the man Mitt Romney actually was/is, and the campaign he should have ran.  It wouldn't have been perfect, and Romney was not a candidate without flaw.  But had he run on those themes, he's have been less phony.  Romney came off as one of the phoniest candidates for President in recent memory, trying to be something he really wasn't, and it burned him in the end, IMO.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies