Clinton speaks about Sanders supporters during private event
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 04:55:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton speaks about Sanders supporters during private event
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Clinton speaks about Sanders supporters during private event  (Read 3521 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2016, 12:21:50 AM »

Why are there even recordings? Was this secretly taken by someone?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2016, 12:31:39 AM »

This is when Sanders will be doing 3-4 rallies a day for her all over the country courting his voters especially millennials - He is in Iowa & Minnesota on Monday!

Very condescending - She agrees that she is a centrist politician & rebukes the Universal Healthcare or No Tuition in Public colleges. There is no Free College though here there will be many other expenses other than tuition but this will sharply decrease the costs & student debt!

What happened to all the tall talks about Democrats fighting for Universal Healthcare in debates, her own plan for a Universal Healthcare in the 90's. Guess she will get nothing done in office & will face a 2020 primary.

The tone n tenor of her talk about millennials is incredibly condescending. I mean she doesn't look at her own base which is the most uninformed low information voters who just vote for a brand because they like it - I mean look at this forum full of stupid people who are voters!

Christ. It's clear what she's saying. It's accurate and actually empathetic as to why they invested in Bernie's message, however unrealistic and unachievable. She's recognising that and is mainstreaming the more realistic elements of the Bernie platform.

But good to know you're still up on your ridiculous high-horse Smiley
Rules for me, but not for thee
Dabeav
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.19, S: -5.39

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2016, 12:33:22 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's like one of the best things she's said.  Millennials are F'ed and so is the job market.  People are working free internships just for "experience". That's pretty much slavery.
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2016, 12:33:35 AM »

Republicans sure are desperate to find some Hillary speeches that sound like Romney's 47% one
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2016, 12:34:16 AM »

oh ffs hillary stfu
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2016, 12:35:28 AM »

Did you read any of this thread before dropping this turd?
nicholas.slaydon
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2016, 02:12:31 AM »

The arrogance of this woman knows no bounds. Does she not understand that this condescending rhetoric is the reason that Bernie voters and young voters are not excited about her candidacy or not even voting at all. And for all those out there that say Bernie's criticism's of Hillary are the reason she is tied with Trump, this is the reason, not Bernie.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2016, 02:44:25 AM »

Quote from Hillary - "So as a friend of mine said the other day, I am occupying from the center-left to the center-right. And I don’t have much company there."

Centre right? Are you kidding me? What happened to "I take a backseat to no-one when it comes to progressive values"

One of the big reasons Millennials are struggling is because of her husband's NAFTA, Wall Street Deregulation & even a horrible state of the economy with a poor Real Median Wage, Labor Force participation, GDP Growth, Home Ownership under Obama & Bush!

This living under your basement comment is made by nerds fighting in Internet forums not by Presidential candidate about a whole generation & millions of voters!

Now be delusional Clinton hacks & blame Bernie Sanders if some of his voters vote 3rd party as they don't like & trust Clinton!
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2016, 03:57:00 AM »

Shadows, why don't you just endorse Jill Stein already?  Even the nuts on r/political_revolution are tearing themselves in two where half of them understand that this is no smoking gun at all and the other half are just pathetically determined to hate Hillary no matter what.

"Center-right to center-left" from the context it's clear that she's contrasting herself with candidates occupying the far-right and far-left, in that she actually understands the practicalities of the job and doesn't just make promises she'll never be able to keep.  It's not some secret admission that she's a Republican, just that she's a realist, which you already knew.

"Living in the basement" was used as an illustration of how bad they have it, not to mock them.  Sanders used similar descriptions of how some millenials are getting screwed over by the economy.

Anyway, it's sad that absolute idiots like you are falling for this obvious smear attempt by hack media sources.  I've seen articles posted from stupid-left clickbait/adspam sites on my social media with titles like "Hillary finally reveals her true feelings about Bernie supporters behind closed doors."  They all act like this is some recent event, when actually it happened eight months ago during the primaries, and they all gleefully take her quotes out of context in much the same way you do in order to gin up outrage that they know isn't truly justified.

I guess some of you stupid children just really really miss having a reason to feel wronged by Clinton.  You're so easily manipulated and lied to.  My biggest regret this election season is not throwing up one of those ad-plastered outrage-clickbait pseudojournalism sites myself, honestly I could do a pretty good job spinning stories to exploit your lingering bitterness over the primary you lost.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2016, 04:07:43 AM »

so nobody actually heard her remarks and decided to just be outraged. COOL!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2016, 05:05:32 AM »

so nobody actually heard her remarks and decided to just be outraged. COOL!

Because as everyone knows she is an evil two-faced bitch with no soul.
Just ask Newt and Rudy.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2016, 05:09:51 AM »

Why is this even a story? The double standards of this election.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2016, 05:31:15 AM »

Why is this even a story? The double standards of this election.

Aside from the "center-left to center right" part, which is simply a commentary of where her ground was staked politically and what voters will vote for her, the other stuff is almost exactly the same stuff Sanders said on the stump
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2016, 06:07:53 AM »

Wasn't she once the champion of "free healthcare"?
Fusionmunster

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2016, 06:14:45 AM »

Hillarycare from 93 has more in common with Obamacare. It wasn't single payer.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2016, 06:21:50 AM »

Hillarycare from 93 has more in common with Obamacare. It wasn't single payer.

But of course single-payer would automatically become mainstream if Hillary, Bill, the Obamas etc came out in favor of it, just as slurring women and minorities is now mainstream again thanks to...well, not just Trump but various Republican figures.

Anyhow I read the remarks; it occurs to me yet again that when the terms "far left" and "far right" are used in the U.S. they invariably don't refer to the actual far left and far right but merely the corners of the mainstream.
Trapsy

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2016, 07:30:11 AM »

LOL sean spicer trying to push this story hard.

https://twitter.com/seanspicer/status/782192502996627456

I mean even Sanders dep comm dir says this is overblown.

https://twitter.com/cascamike/status/782029541040615425
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2016, 09:48:36 AM »

Casca was one of the sharper ones in the primary and continues to be. Like all things Hillary there's some stilted verbiage but it's not like this was a rally speech. She's clearly empathizing with their financial troubles
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2016, 09:52:29 AM »

I guess that basket is going to get a little bit bigger.

Welcome to the basket #BasementDwellers... Now the No. 1 trending hastag on Twitter.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2016, 09:55:49 AM »

Welcome to the basket #BasementDwellers... Now the No. 1 trending hastag on Twitter.

It's 90% deplorables and 10% useful idiots known as gullible "progressives".
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2016, 10:15:18 AM »

It's 90% deplorables and 10% useful idiots known as gullible "progressives".

Yeah, r/the_donald is all over this, they really want to light up the useful idiots and damage Hillary's campaign.  Meanwhile over on r/political_revolution, the endorsed continuation of r/sandersforpresident, the top posts about this are all being posted by Trump supporters.  The three Jill Stein subreddits, r/wayofthebern, r/jillstein, and r/kossacks_for_sanders, are genuinely posting this though.  There's a cadre of clickbait trash sites now posting that she "mocked them as the donors laughed" and "Clinton:  Bernie supporters are just children living in their parents' basement."

I hate to say it but this could become a thing due to sheer force of misleading propaganda and the tireless efforts of Trump supporters, combined with the overwhelming stupidity and desire to be outraged victims of the Bernie children.
Trapsy

« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2016, 10:16:52 AM »

if clinton camp has learned anything this szn its to jump on these stories asap.  lol politico and intercept trying drive rift between clinton/sanders.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2016, 10:17:28 AM »

No its not. Its not even a top 10 hashtag.
Trapsy

« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2016, 10:19:49 AM »

thanks to russia eh?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2016, 10:23:04 AM »

I hate to break it to yall - but you have to want to be offended by Clinton in order to be offended by this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies