Well, I think we can stop panicking now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 10:30:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Well, I think we can stop panicking now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Well, I think we can stop panicking now  (Read 1584 times)
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2016, 11:45:16 PM »

Let's recapitulate:

- Wulfric makes a thread called "Well, I think we can stop panicking now"

- The thread title obviously implies that the "we" in question was in reference to all the people on the forum who were panicking (in this case, Hillary supporters or Trump haters). The meaning of the thread title is clear as water

- Cinyc throws a hissy fit

Yep, tonight was an excellent night Smiley
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2016, 02:55:58 AM »

I am in complete panic mode and I will probably remain so until Clinton is declared the winner on november 8th (or 9th).
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2016, 05:21:22 AM »
« Edited: September 27, 2016, 05:23:57 AM by Seriously? »

Who is this "we" you are referring to?  Why do you and many red avatars assume everyone on this website is backing Hillary Clinton, instead of Trump, Johnson, Stein or someone else, or is undecided or doesn't care, or wasn't panicking in the first place?   This isn't supposed to be an exclusively pro-Clinton website.
You've been here long enough by now to know how the red, green and faux-blue avatars shamefully turn this place into Democrat Underground whenever there's a big event and turn into a bunch of jack-booted thug brownshirts if you disagree with them.

They love turning to their Alinsky-like ridicule. It's a disgrace, quite honestly.

Your premise is correct. As one of the rare blue avatars voting for Trump on here, I am not panicking over Hillary losing her grasp on the election. I am reveling in her misfortune. I certainly am not, nor ever will be part of the "we" the OP is talking about.

As far as these debates go, they are usually good hyper-partisan events, but very few minds actually change. Of course, that's the general rule and not the exception, but until I see evidence to the contrary, I am skeptical that the panic they claim they have will subside.
ursulahx
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2016, 06:13:48 AM »

I went into panic yesterday (and started a thread which reflected my panic). Today, I am no longer panicking - but I am still concerned.

I don't think the debate, good though it was for Clinton, will move the needle much. And, even if it does, it won't last long. Still two more debates (and six weeks of campaigning) to go. Things can still change a lot.
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2016, 09:58:15 AM »

It's almost like there is no reason to panic when there were still multiple months before the election. 
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2016, 10:44:24 AM »

I am in complete panic mode and I will probably remain so until Clinton is declared the winner on november 8th (or 9th).

This (sane).
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2016, 10:53:15 AM »

As everyone has said before, I'm not saying the game is out of reach, but I'm a lot less freaked out after last night's performance. Do that two more times, and hopefully Kaine will utterly crush Pence in the VP debate, and that should about seal the deal.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2016, 10:56:46 AM »

Umm.......

F&%@# no. The worst thing we could possibly do now is fall asleep at the wheel. Ask me again in a month.

This. Clinton will get a bounce from tonight, but it won't last forever automatically.

Getting a notable bounce and letting people stop panicking /=/ having a 100% chance of victory
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies