ME-UNH/Portland Press Herald: Clinton+4, but Trump wins CD2 by 14% (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:42:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  ME-UNH/Portland Press Herald: Clinton+4, but Trump wins CD2 by 14% (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-UNH/Portland Press Herald: Clinton+4, but Trump wins CD2 by 14%  (Read 14001 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: September 25, 2016, 03:02:21 PM »

On November 8th, I expect ME-2 to vote as it does in most elections.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 03:16:24 PM »

It's hard to see Trump winning ME-2 when normal Republican candidates have failed to carry it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 06:21:45 PM »

It's hard to see Trump winning ME-2 when normal Republican candidates have failed to carry it.

No it's not.

Also, [Inks] you, Ebowed.

Brilliant argument. You sure told me, didn't you?!

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 06:47:09 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2016, 06:56:21 PM by Invisible Obama »

No it's not.

Also, [Inks] you, Ebowed.

Brilliant argument. You sure told me, didn't you?!

Are you somehow still unaware that there are parts of the country in which Trump overperforms generic R, or are you just ignorant enough about the rural Northeast to not realize that northern Maine is one of them? If it's the latter, why would you comment on this?

Watch the name calling, because I'm not afraid to use the report button. With that said, the election has not occurred yet, so Trump has not over performed generic R anywhere. It's ignorant to create data based on an election that is never happened. But, I won't argue with you. On election day, I will praise Jesus when my predictions are correct. Let's revisit this post on November 9th.

That's...an odd argument/counterargument/defense/whatever, to say the least.

We have opinion polls of geographic areas such as this one. We also have crosstabs by demographics indicating that Trump polls very well among demographics like those that make up the population of said areas.

Data based on election results>data based on opinion polls>data based on assuming past trends will continue regardless of what opinion polls say.
Again, I don't see Trump winning ME-2 based on NORMAL REPUBLICANS losing it and I think a lot of people are way overestimating Trump like they did Todd Akin in the Missouri Senate race. It's called a difference of opinion. You think he'll win ME-2 big, I don't. Let's leave it at that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies