McClatchy/Marist C+7 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:53:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  McClatchy/Marist C+7 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McClatchy/Marist C+7  (Read 2546 times)
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: September 23, 2016, 11:49:33 AM »

It does seem like Hillary is gaining in national polls, but I wouldn't assume that this means that she'll start gaining in state polls as well. She might, but the movement in national polls could also be statistical noise.

Well, the nation is made up of states. Smiley  If there's a real movement nationally, then there must be movement in that direction in at least some states.  For some reason, state polls seem to lag movement in national polls.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 11:50:46 AM »

I think Hillary has about a 3 point lead now based on national/state polls and admittedly unskewing this poll.

Agree.  Given that polls are always going to fall on both sides of the mean, the current set of polls fits pretty well with a 3-4 point Clinton lead.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 02:19:38 PM »

I can understand them not being as enthused FOR Clinton. But make no mistake, hispanic turnout will shoot upwards because of Trump.

Negative emotions often have a stronger effect than positive ones.  There's an old joke about two veteran political operatives, one from each party, meeting for a drink and swapping war stories and tricks of the trade:

R: One thing I always do is when I pay for a taxi, is smile, give the cabbie a big tip, and say "Vote Republican!"

D: I do something similar.  I smile, give the cabbie NO tip, and say "Vote Republican!"
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies