The Office of Governor Wells (L-NY)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:27:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Governor Wells (L-NY)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Office of Governor Wells (L-NY)  (Read 7126 times)
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2016, 02:57:22 PM »

Congratulations on your victory, Mr Governor. I'm looking forward to seeing such an active new Atlasian in this role.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2016, 02:50:49 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I've decided to appoint him because he's the best person who actually wants the job. This is also an endorsement: Northern voters, please support him this weekend.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2016, 03:25:18 PM »

I've decided to appoint him because he's the best person who actually wants the job. This is also an endorsement: Northern voters, please support him this weekend.
Thank you for the appointment and for your support in the upcoming election, Mr Governor.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2016, 09:26:18 PM »

A Statement

This is a statement on what the Northern Assembly has been doing and where I hope it can go in the future. As many can attest, I've sent out lots of PMs lately (if you are from the North, I would advise you check your inbox to see if you missed anything). There are two main ideas of these PMs from the past 2 days: either please run for the Northern Assembly or please be more active in it. But though I complain about how inactive it is, it has gotten a few things done. We legalized marijuana, detailed what to do in instances of police brutality, guaranteed paid parental leave, and we've introduced and are debating a budget as well as a bill attempting to enrich the lives of Northern children. While I wish we had done more (four members didn't propose a single bill and there was no bill upon which all five members voted), I guess we did okay. Bt we can do better. I certainly hope the next Assembly can do better.

And as I have been saying lately: run for the Northern Assembly. It will be fun.

Now I'm going to move on and make a statement about a peculiar case unfolding before our eyes. LLR's campaign for the Northern Assembly is technically illegal, but Atlasia is a game. The point is to have fun and debate bills with stuff with Harambe statues erected in Cincinnati, not exclude people from participating. If LLR want to participate (he does) and end the plague of not enough activity (he does) then he should be allowed to run. He's been a noncitizen for a while now anyways, these bans should be shortened.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2016, 05:12:32 PM »

Some official endorsements

Northern Senator: Ascott has done a good job, this one should be a no-brainer.

Northern Assembly: We've got a good group on the ballot here. However, there are four, and only three can make it in. So, the three I would choose are evergreen, Maxwell, and R2D2.

House: The Labor candidates get preferenced first. Then comes Indies and Federalists (minus Santander). We'll be able to make good progress if we win.

Fremont Senator: I've already made my endorsements clear here, but this should be another no brainer for LLR: he's got experience, vision, and he is the most approachable of all the candidates in the race.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2016, 05:27:49 PM »

Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2017, 06:10:25 PM »

I'm bringing this back for a reason. And that reason is:

I'll be running for re-election to the Northern Governorship.

I'll continue to do campaign stuff in here. I'll have a bigger, better announcement speech in a few days as well. Stay tuned for more.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2017, 06:11:46 PM »

Endorsed! I can't vote for you (Southerner), but I wish you the best of luck.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2017, 06:16:30 PM »

You have done a truly impressive job reviving the North. Even though I am in Fremont endorsed and good luck in your re-election bid, the North is truly blessed to have such an active fighter and advocate as yourself to be their Governor.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2017, 08:02:58 PM »

ENDORSED!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2017, 02:36:55 AM »

Endorsed, wholeheartedly. It has been a pleasure to serve under you, Governor. I look forward to even greater work with your assistance.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2017, 06:34:08 PM »

Literally you are insane if you don't support Mike. Obvious endorsement.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2017, 06:41:45 PM »

Endorsed for re-election
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2017, 08:32:12 PM »

It's time for the big speech I promised you:

My fellow Northerners, and Atlasians, I am pleased to announce to you that I am running for another term to be your governor. Four months ago, I campaigned on issues that were so important to the working people's of the North, and since then we've accomplished so much. But we can, and we MUST go further.

After our landslide election in October, I immediately got right to work on a number of pieces of legislation. I pulled our assembly out of the depths of inactivity and, over the course of my term, have accomplished much with the consistent help of the Assembly, specifically Speaker R2D2. Here in the North, a mother now has one month of paid maternity leave. Here in the North, the minimum wage in the cities is now $15. Here in the North, police officers must wear body cameras. And now, for the first time in our nation, Northern children born to working class families or children in poverty now have free health insurance.

None of this was true six months ago. Now, all of this is true, and it could not have been done if I had not worked day and night to pass these accomplishments for millions of hard-working Northerners. However, we also need to look to the future. We have accomplished so much in the North, but we can and must still do more. As Governor, I have major plans for my second term and I’m sure our slate of Assembly candidates, which I hope grows considerably by Election Day, will continue to work, as I have, for the betterment of the people of the North.

My biggest plan for the North is to care for the veterans that have provided a great service to Atlasia. I find it a terrible disgrace that many of them receive inadequate medical treatment or are homeless. I am working on a bill to rehabilitate our veterans, providing them with the health care that they need and deserve, and to combat the scourge of homelessness that affects them and so many other groups. I will do this through both improving efficiency in government programs that may already be in place and providing support for private nonprofits.

My other largest reform for the North is guaranteeing universal health care coverage for every citizen in this great region. Nobody should have to go without healthcare simply because they cannot afford it. But while I vouch for protecting our veterans and universal health care, while my opponent says, and I quote: “I intend to put into place policies that allow discrimination by private businesses as much as is legal.”

And now I would like to take a moment to address my opponent’s claims about my administration. He has claimed that my governorship is inactive, but that is obviously not true as you can tell from what I’ve already mentioned. He disputes my record on the economy by citing high unemployment, but through my work the meteoric rise in unemployment has been completely stopped. I would also like to take this time to thank Lieutenant Governor R2D2 and former President Blair for defending my record, along with Representative Peebs, Fremont Legislative Speaker 1184AZ, Fremont Governor Truman, R2D2, House Speaker Never Again, and Southern Governor dfwlibertylover for their endorsements.

We have accomplished so much, and we can accomplish so much more. I would be honored to receive your support of these measures in the voting booth next month.

- Your Governor, MikeWells
Blackacre
Spenstar3D
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -7.22

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2017, 08:52:27 PM »

Every fiber of my being, every atom in my body, is rooting for you. You have my full endorsement, bud.

Now go and crush all opposition
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2017, 09:23:52 PM »

Mike is the most active citizen of the North. Endorsed, it'd be stupid to not vote for him.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2017, 10:49:43 PM »

Endorsed! (though I'm not part of your region)
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2017, 11:27:37 PM »

Mike knows what he's doing. Endorsed.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2017, 04:38:59 PM »

I have recently leaned that the protests against former President Blair's decision to lift sanctions against Cuba have spread into this region. I will always be a strong supporter of the right to protest, even if I happen to disagree with the protesters. Furthermore, I encourage the police departments of Boston, Chicago, and New York City to try and refrain from violence and to only use it when necessary. I also encourage the protesters in those towns to refrain from violence in all circumstances.

- Your Governor, MikeWells
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2017, 05:54:38 PM »

I think it goes without saying that Mike is the only real choice here. He has my full endorsement!
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2017, 04:19:43 PM »

I'm not in his region, but I had a great time working with Mike when I was. He'll continue to make a great governor. I'm proud to endorse my straight soul mate for re-election! Smiley
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2017, 05:30:36 PM »

I'm not in his region, but I had a great time working with Mike when I was. He'll continue to make a great governor. I'm proud to endorse my straight soul mate for re-election! Smiley

Spoiler alert: MikeWells is gay.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2017, 05:41:36 PM »

Spoiler alert: MikeWells is gay.

Some mud-slinging in the gubernatorial race? Wink
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2017, 05:45:24 PM »

Kingpoleon can say what he wants. For the record, I have neither confirmed nor denied nor mentioned anything about my sexuality on Atlas. And I will continue to do that.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2017, 06:16:15 PM »

I have a major announcement coming sometime this weekend.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies