Fox News: Trump leads by 3 in NV, 5 in OH, and 5 in NC (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:03:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Fox News: Trump leads by 3 in NV, 5 in OH, and 5 in NC (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fox News: Trump leads by 3 in NV, 5 in OH, and 5 in NC  (Read 4825 times)
dspNY
United States

« on: September 21, 2016, 05:10:42 PM »
« edited: September 21, 2016, 05:15:53 PM by dspNY »

Fox is trying to give their guy a boost here

LOL

I immediately call junk on the Nevada poll with Hispanics giving Clinton a narrow lead when actual Hispanic pollsters have her at over 70% and Trump at under 20%

dspNY
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 05:22:53 PM »

Did some back of the envelope calculations for NC and they undersampled nonwhites by 5% in this poll. Nonwhites are 30% of the electorate in NC and the numbers FOX put out indicate a 75% white, 25% nonwhite electorate. If you adjust that properly then it is virtually tied

In Ohio they don't even have a crosstab for African-American voters! They could be 15% of the vote in OH

dspNY
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 05:28:24 PM »

Also did the back of the envelope calculation for Ohio and whites comprise 87% of the poll
dspNY
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 07:20:10 PM »

Trump isn't going to win Nevada, and a win in NC will only be by the wispy hairs on his ass.

Latino Decisions has NV at 70-14 Clinton with Hispanics. Once you plug that into the Fox poll instead of their ridiculous 46-36 margin it becomes more believable.

Fox's North Carolina poll was 75% white after doing the math on the back of an envelope. I trust PPP there (tied to a VERY narrow Trump lead). They have the correct demographic sample in their home state.

Ohio I believe is a Trump lead but is the electorate really going to be 86% or 87% white? That's the number I came up with after doing the back-calculations. 80% white and 20% non-white is more probable
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies