nyc mayor race (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:15:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  nyc mayor race (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: nyc mayor race  (Read 2918 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: June 30, 2005, 02:04:38 AM »

If the race comes down to Bloomberg vs. Freddy Ferrer, I'll have to reluctantly support Bloomberg. Mainly because only the Republicans can keep crime down in NYC. If the trends of the past 6 months continue, 2005 will see the number of murders cut from 2,245 in 1990 to about 500 this year. Thats a 78% drop!

Reasons I don't like Bloomberg: He is a billionaire who is obsessed with massive wastes of time like stadiums and Olympics that no one in the city wants.

Also, he actively tried to get the '04 GOP convention to be in NYC and that is inexcusable since it helped the party increase its vote along the Northeast corridor in November.

I miss having Guiliani as mayor. If I lived in the city I'd vote for Council Speaker Gifford Miller in the primary.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 09:53:22 AM »

Since I haven't seen a NYC Mayor race thread other than this one, I'm going to post this new New York Daily News poll here.

Looks like barring some major reversal, Bloomberg is cruising to re-election.

61% approve, 29% disapprove

Against Ferrer: Bloomberg 50%, Ferrer 36%
Against Fields: Bloomberg 53%, Fields 32%
Against Weiner or Miller: They don't say the numbers, but he is ahead of both of them by at least 22% or more.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/326812p-279291c.html

Mayor soars in poll

Despite Olympic bust, he leaves foes in dust

BY DAVID SALTONSTALL
DAILY NEWS CITY HALL BUREAU CHIEF

Mayor Bloomberg's approval rating is at its highest level since the early, honeymoon days of his mayoralty - giving him comfortable leads over all his Democratic rivals, a new Daily News poll shows.

The poll found that 61% of voters now approve of the job the Republican Bloomberg is doing, compared with just 29% who do not, according to the survey.

That's an almost complete reversal of fortune for Bloomberg since mid-2003, when mammoth budget deficits and an 18% property tax increase combined to turn a record two-thirds of New Yorkers against him.

The New York Times had a similar story and poll last month which showed Bloomberg with about 60% Approval. I'd add that his 2003 unpopularity was also influenced by the much hated smoking ban in bars and restaurants from April of that year.

I wonder why Gifford Miller isn't popular? I guess its because he is young still (in his 30's). Bloomberg should be re-elected because of the glorious decline in crime but on everything else I'd support Miller. (Not Ferrer or Fields)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies