NH-Monmouth: Clinton +9
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:40:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NH-Monmouth: Clinton +9
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NH-Monmouth: Clinton +9  (Read 3156 times)
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2016, 12:04:11 PM »

The Monmouth University Poll  was conducted by telephone from September 17 to 20, 2016 with 400 New Hampshire residents likely to vote in the November election.  This sample has a margin of error of + 4.9 percent.  The poll was conducted by the Monmouth University Polling Institute in West Long Branch, NJ.

Clinton 47
Trump 38
Johnson 10
Stein 1

The freiwall holds!

http://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/MonmouthPoll_NH_092116/
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 12:04:55 PM »

BEAUTIFUL!

TN Volunteer vindicated.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 12:05:11 PM »

So many angry women...
Fusionmunster

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 12:05:22 PM »

Thats a spicy poll.
bilaps
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 12:06:45 PM »

Wow, didn't see that one coming. Trump chances way down after this one. Huge poll.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 12:08:30 PM »

Wow, this is quite a party ID breakdown: R 23, I 51(!), D 26.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 12:08:53 PM »

Congrats, TN Volunteer
dspNY
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 12:10:35 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2016, 12:13:25 PM by dspNY »

Wow, this is quite a party ID breakdown: R 23, I 51(!), D 26.

New Hampshire has an absolute majority of nonaffiliated voters (or close to it) so I think that party breakdown is correct. (PS: In 2012, party ID in NH was 43I/30D/27R and with the general disillusionment towards the major parties, a 51% I electorate is possible in NH)

GREAT poll for Clinton
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 12:11:55 PM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 12:15:10 PM »

What do you guys think discredited fraud Nate Silver will unskew this one to? Clinton +2?
mark_twain
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 12:15:35 PM »

Great poll!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 12:16:15 PM »

This poll really questions the idea that Maine is tied right now. Are they really that different of states?
dspNY
United States

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 12:17:09 PM »

This poll really questions the idea that Maine is tied right now. Are they really that different of states?

The Maine polling we're seeing is very different than the Maine polling Clinton sees. Otherwise they would have ads up, especially in the 2nd CD
HillOfANight
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 12:28:18 PM »

https://twitter.com/PatrickRuffini/status/7786003106044928001/

Estimated share of non-college whites (RV, voter file estimates)

ME 67.5%
NH 51.0%
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 12:34:21 PM »

Great poll for Hillary.
Absolution9
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 12:34:39 PM »

Estimated share of non-college whites (RV, voter file estimates)

ME 67.5%
NH 51.0%

Yeah, and I bet CD-2 is more like 75% +.  A huge portion of Maine's non-white and college educated population lives in the Portland metro (I bet CD-2 is something like 96-97% white).  The only concentration of college educated people in CD-2 are near U of Maine and in the small seacoast towns.

Maine as a whole is probably at least +5 for Hillary but I can see CD-2 being for Trump by 5-10 points.  Really different demographics than NH which is very white but also one of the most college educated states in the country.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 12:40:20 PM »

TNVolunteer is the best pundit on this forum.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2016, 12:40:40 PM »

NH does look to be off the map. Then again, I do think this throws a wrench in the idea that states with a decent amount of whites without a college education are bound to trend toward Trump. We're not going to see NH swing 3.5% in Hillary's direction while Maine swings 10-15% in Trump's direction.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2016, 12:41:21 PM »

TNVolunteer is the best pundit on this forum.

Haven't you seen the Senate numbers? Hassan must be crying right now. Three straight polls showing Ayotte ahead, all from different companies too.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016, 12:50:23 PM »

Oh no, shy Trump voters have returned in New Hampshire.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2016, 12:55:19 PM »

Buhhhhhhhhh Trump had NH in the bag!
Absolution9
Rookie

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2016, 01:08:56 PM »

NH does look to be off the map. Then again, I do think this throws a wrench in the idea that states with a decent amount of whites without a college education are bound to trend toward Trump. We're not going to see NH swing 3.5% in Hillary's direction while Maine swings 10-15% in Trump's direction.

Trump won't win Maine as a whole but you really can't compare NH as a whole to Maine's CD-2.  New Hampshire has one of the highest percentage of college educated whites in the country and non-college educated whites are only 51% of total registered voters.  In Maine 67.5% of registered voters are non-college educated whites.  Since the overwhelming majority of non-whites and college educated whites are in the Portland metro area it means 75-80% of CD-2 registered voters are non-college educated whites.

That's a pretty huge difference, CD-2 is like a much larger version of the  Northern most county in NH and I bet that will go for Trump as well.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2016, 01:23:23 PM »

Trump won't win Maine as a whole but you really can't compare NH as a whole to Maine's CD-2.  New Hampshire has one of the highest percentage of college educated whites in the country and non-college educated whites are only 51% of total registered voters.  In Maine 67.5% of registered voters are non-college educated whites.  Since the overwhelming majority of non-whites and college educated whites are in the Portland metro area it means 75-80% of CD-2 registered voters are non-college educated whites.

That's a pretty huge difference, CD-2 is like a much larger version of the  Northern most county in NH and I bet that will go for Trump as well.
As someone who explores Northern New England on the weekends, I can tell you that any rural place outside of the perimeter of Boston has the potential to be SAF(shady as ). I saw in Northern Massachusetts, just a bunch of Trump signs and Hillary for Prison signs. Total Bubba country. New Hampshire and Northern Maine are the same except they have urban areas in NH that vote like Boston, Vermont, or the Berkshires.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2016, 01:33:40 PM »

As someone who explores Northern New England on the weekends, I can tell you that any rural place outside of the perimeter of Boston has the potential to be SAF(shady as ). I saw in Northern Massachusetts, just a bunch of Trump signs and Hillary for Prison signs. Total Bubba country. New Hampshire and Northern Maine are the same except they have urban areas in NH that vote like Boston, Vermont, or the Berkshires.

I don't know New Hampshire super well, but doesn't it have virtually no partisanship gap between urban and rural areas?  In fact, maybe rural areas and small towns are a little more Dem?
Absolution9
Rookie

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2016, 01:34:58 PM »

That's true, northern Maine is rural punctuated by tons of former wood/paper industry towns.  It does have U of Maine near Bangor and a fairly wealthy seacoast region.  Most people in NH live in the south, that area is basically a wealthy extension of the Boston burbs.  The Western part of the state has more if a Vermont vibe and Dartmouth U and associated industry mean it has a large proportion of college educated people.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies