Fight for Atlasia: Blair/Kingpoleon 2016 (Statement)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:16:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Fight for Atlasia: Blair/Kingpoleon 2016 (Statement)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Fight for Atlasia: Blair/Kingpoleon 2016 (Statement)  (Read 7073 times)
Ex-Assemblyman Steelers
Steelers
Serbia and Montenegro

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2016, 12:18:30 AM »

I endorse this gentlmen with awfull nickname Cheesy
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2016, 04:27:47 AM »

lol
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2016, 04:44:38 AM »

Statement on Santander

'I'm sure many Atlasians were disgusted by the comments made by Santander last night, who claimed that if you say 'seasons greetings' you're a terrorist sympathizer. That's a quote from someone who's running for Congress. Let that sink in guys, let that sink it.

It's not an isolated incident; Santander even questioned if being a racist is a bad trait, he then praised Ian Smith, and declared the founder of the KKK was 'misunderstood' and finished off by saying Asian Immigrants are a threat to our cultural integrity.

Is this honestly the friendlier Atlasia we've been promised? Are the federalists going to raise their banner at the House elections, and expect their voters to elect Santander to the house? I hope that Yankee sends out a clear message to his federalist supporters that antisemitic dog-whistles have no home in the federalist party.
And yet, who invited me to Atlasia in the first place? Oh right, it was you, claiming that I could be a voice of moderation and a good fit for the South region. Do we really need a president who has a history of recruiting racists into the game?

Regarding anti-Semitic "dog whistles", I have lived in Israel and I have made clear on many occasions that Israel is among my top three issues. I have also said countless times that this nation was built upon Judeo-Christian values. There is no better friend of the Jewish state in elected office in Atlasia than me. This is a pathetic line of attack, and if that was really what you took away from my statement, I submit to the voters of Atlasia that we cannot elect a president who cannot even read properly.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2016, 05:05:48 AM »

Statement on Santander

'I'm sure many Atlasians were disgusted by the comments made by Santander last night, who claimed that if you say 'seasons greetings' you're a terrorist sympathizer. That's a quote from someone who's running for Congress. Let that sink in guys, let that sink it.

It's not an isolated incident; Santander even questioned if being a racist is a bad trait, he then praised Ian Smith, and declared the founder of the KKK was 'misunderstood' and finished off by saying Asian Immigrants are a threat to our cultural integrity.

Is this honestly the friendlier Atlasia we've been promised? Are the federalists going to raise their banner at the House elections, and expect their voters to elect Santander to the house? I hope that Yankee sends out a clear message to his federalist supporters that antisemitic dog-whistles have no home in the federalist party.
And yet, who invited me to Atlasia in the first place? Oh right, it was you, claiming that I could be a voice of moderation and a good fit for the South region. Do we really need a president who has a history of recruiting racists into the game?

Regarding anti-Semitic "dog whistles", I have lived in Israel and I have made clear on many occasions that Israel is among my top three issues. I have also said countless times that this nation was built upon Judeo-Christian values. There is no better friend of the Jewish state in elected office in Atlasia than me. This is a pathetic line of attack, and if that was really what you took away from my statement, I submit to the voters of Atlasia that we cannot elect a president who cannot even read properly.

Aye I recruited you into the game- an entire four months before you made these comments. If you were in Labor when you declared Ian Smith a good leader, when you said the leader of KKK was misunderstood and when asked if being racist is that bad I would have not only opposed you being elected to the House, but I would have, like Clark did have moved to expel you from the Party.

Do you still think that people who say Season Greetings are terrorist sympathizers?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2016, 05:08:30 AM »

This all seems like a way to weasel out of the fact that Labor has been doing some "interesting" things in recent voting. Also, if we want to mention past affairs we could always bring up a certain South American escapade, will you run to South America again if things don't go well in your Presidency?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2016, 05:15:12 AM »

This all seems like a way to weasel out of the fact that Labor has been doing some "interesting" things in recent voting. Also, if we want to mention past affairs we could always bring up a certain South American escapade, will you run to South America again if things don't go well in your Presidency?

Yeah, Blair keeps talking about how he's a "fighter," but when we needed a pro-Atlasia fighter on the left after Adam was banned last year, Blair left the game.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2016, 05:28:40 AM »
« Edited: October 18, 2016, 05:39:18 AM by Senator Blair »

Not at all. If I see someone running for office who is making posts like Santander I will call them out. It's simple as that.

You mean the fact that I joined another forum game- shock horror. Considering President Leinad joined the game, and ran a newspaper, Yankee's adviser Potus served as Prime Minister, and several other esteemed citizens of Atlasia like JoMCaR and Winfield.

I know you weren't around back then, but if you were you'd also remember that I came back in September (after a month away from the game; in August!) to serve as Interior Secretary at the end of Bore's term and bring some activity back to the game, then served as Governor of the Northeast for 6 months (with approval ratings in the 70s, balancing a budget, reducing unemployment by 25%, filling the entire assembly)

I left the game for a month, under the view that preparing to go to university was something I should focus on. I spend a month away from the game, and I missed it. I game back, served in public office and have been active for the last 13 months.

I challenged a sitting labor President in the name of activity, I impeached members of own party who were leading a coup and I've spend the last 12 months of the game in elected office serving the game

I'm a tough cookie. I'm not running anywhere
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2016, 05:43:18 AM »

I might not have been around at the time, but it's not terribly hard for me to go back and read what happened. You also failed to respond to my note that your party is conducting nefarious voting tactics in the name of gaining a seat or two.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2016, 05:52:30 AM »

I left the game for a month, under the view that preparing to go to university was something I should focus on. I spend a month away from the game, and I missed it. I game back, served in public office and have been active for the last 13 months.

Well, you *did* have enough time to play Mock Parliament (I did too, yes, but I also stayed active in Atlasia), and all the crap in Atlasia *was* hitting the fan at that time--it's not misleading in the slightest to say that you prioritized Sudamerica over Atlasia at the time when Atlasia needed you, as harsh at that sounds, because you literally did.

Yes, you have done good things for Atlasia since then, but these are simply facts, and you can't erase history.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2016, 05:59:52 AM »

Well, you *did* have enough time to play Mock Parliament (I did too, yes, but I also stayed active in Atlasia), and all the crap in Atlasia *was* hitting the fan at that time--it's not misleading in the slightest to say that you prioritized Sudamerica over Atlasia at the time when Atlasia needed you, as harsh at that sounds, because you literally did.

Yes, you have done good things for Atlasia since then, but these are simply facts, and you can't erase history.
Please explain me why leaving the game and being back later is a bad thing???
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2016, 06:02:05 AM »

I might not have been around at the time, but it's not terribly hard for me to go back and read what happened. You also failed to respond to my note that your party is conducting nefarious voting tactics in the name of gaining a seat or two.

Well I've said, and said before that it was a mistake for me to leave the game. I've always said that- I shouldn't have left. It's why I've spend the last 13 months being extremely committed to this game- serving as both a Governor and a Senator with relatively high approval ratings, and I like to think that I've tried my absolutely hardest over the last 13 months in serving the North, and the Northeast; working with people across party lines to get lots of good stuff done (Stimulus in the Northeast, building a coalition against ISIS, introducing a living wage etc)

Neither Pit or Gaworth have published the voting figures yet so we still don't have a clear indication of what's happening. As Party Chair I did what I always do- I sent PM's to voters in the south to encourage them to vote for Peebs and Southern Gothic, and I sent PM's to voters in the Pacific yesterday to persuade them to write in Griffin.

Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2016, 06:12:59 AM »

Pit has and GA Worth is in the process of, essentially some people have voted in both the Fremont and Southern senate races and there has been strategic vote moving that has generally been shunned in Atlasia...
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: October 18, 2016, 06:13:30 AM »

It's a question of judgement--Blair was Senate Speaker, and had just came within one vote of being Northeast Governor, and then somehow finds himself too busy for Atlasia, yet not too busy for Sudamerica, at a time when Atlasia was truly in an existential crisis.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2016, 06:17:19 AM »

It's a question of judgement--Blair was Senate Speaker, and had just came within one vote of being Northeast Governor, and then somehow finds himself too busy for Atlasia, yet not too busy for Sudamerica, at a time when Atlasia was truly in an existential crisis.
Well excuse me but this game isn't an obligation. If anyone wants to stop it they can. It's better to leave this game rather than being inactive and trolling this game by holding offices.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2016, 06:22:49 AM »

Well excuse me but this game isn't an obligation. If anyone wants to stop it they can. It's better to leave this game rather than being inactive and trolling this game by holding offices.

Of course, but we clearly know that he could've been active, since he was active in Mock Parliament during this time.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2016, 06:26:55 AM »

Of course, but we clearly know that he could've been active, since he was active in Mock Parliament during this time.
So he could have been, and, what's the problem ?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2016, 06:28:32 AM »

EVERYBODY PLEASE CALM THE HELL DOWN

This is why I left Labor - I can't stand this party bickering. If we could just stop the damn screaming, maybe we could actually solve the problems, and they are grave, that face us today. Just because you don't belong to the same party, or endorse the same candidate, doesn't mean you need to throw attacks about insignificant things that happened 2 damn years ago. And if this was happening in Yankee's thread, you know I'd be saying the same thing, so don't get yourself in that argument. I'm disgusted by this behavior, and it's indicative of the bigger problems that face us. So can we please just calm down?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2016, 06:32:12 AM »

This is why I left Labor - I can't stand this party bickering. If we could just stop the damn screaming, maybe we could actually solve the problems, and they are grave, that face us today. Just because you don't belong to the same party, or endorse the same candidate, doesn't mean you need to throw attacks about insignificant things that happened 2 damn years ago. And if this was happening in Yankee's thread, you know I'd be saying the same thing, so don't get yourself in that argument. I'm disgusted by this behavior, and it's indicative of the bigger problems that face us. So can we please just calm down?
Thank you for disvowing Leinad's attack against Blair, I appreciate it Smiley
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2016, 06:44:30 AM »

Statement

I left Atlasia in late July (with the intention of leaving the forum in September/October for university/freshers), joined the South American Government on the 20th August and then returned to Atlasia on the 11th September. I'm deeply sorry that I left the game briefly 14 months ago. I believe in redemption and hopefully my record over the last 14 months- as a Senator, Governor and Interior Secretary has shown to voters across Atlasia that I've got the commitment, passion and energy for this game
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2016, 06:46:30 AM »

First of all it was barely more than 1 year ago not 2--I'm not sure what method of rounding you're using to turn 13 months into 24.

Second of all, this is about his record, and where it clearly doesn't align with his message. Blair's slogan is "Fight for Atlasia," and that's exactly what he didn't do (again, I'm sorry to say this is a fact).

And lastly, this is an elections game, if we don't bicker about the other party's record, what is there to do? Tongue Of course I'm partially joking, but informing voters of another candidate's record is a part of elections, unless you want this to be a game of dueling Pravdas. Many Laborites including Blair himself on this very page have done that to Federalists, and while some attacks in Atlasia definitely cross the line, I don't see how a simple vetting of the candidates is "disgusting."
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2016, 06:47:56 AM »

First of all it was barely more than 1 year ago not 2--I'm not sure what method of rounding you're using to turn 13 months into 24.

Second of all, this is about his record, and where it clearly doesn't align with his message. Blair's slogan is "Fight for Atlasia," and that's exactly what he didn't do (again, I'm sorry to say this is a fact).

And lastly, this is an elections game, if we don't bicker about the other party's record, what is there to do? Tongue Of course I'm partially joking, but informing voters of another candidate's record is a part of elections, unless you want this to be a game of dueling Pravdas. Many Laborites including Blair himself on this very page have done that to Federalists, and while some attacks in Atlasia definitely cross the line, I don't see how a simple vetting of the candidates is "disgusting."

Statement

I left Atlasia in late July (with the intention of leaving the forum in September/October for university/freshers), joined the South American Government on the 20th August and then returned to Atlasia on the 11th September. I'm deeply sorry that I left the game briefly 14 months ago. I believe in redemption and hopefully my record over the last 14 months- as a Senator, Governor and Interior Secretary has shown to voters across Atlasia that I've got the commitment, passion and energy for this game
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2016, 06:49:25 AM »

Statement

Sorry for what?
Everyone has the right to leave, it is not communist Russia.

I'm glad you're recognizing yourself that your attack is dumb and that your only goal is to "joke" lol
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2016, 06:52:43 AM »

I'm glad you're recognizing yourself that your attack is dumb and that your only goal is to "joke" lol
[/quote]

I think my context makes it obvious that only one sentence of that was partially a joke--the "what is there to do" part, and I think we all knew that. Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2016, 06:55:50 AM »

And yet, who invited me to Atlasia in the first place? Oh right, it was you

And who invited Hamilton to Atlasia in the first place? Oh right, it was Yankee
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2016, 06:56:01 AM »

I think my context makes it obvious that only one sentence of that was partially a joke--the "what is there to do" part, and I think we all knew that. Tongue
[/quote]
You honestly fail miserably in your attack dog role
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies