PA-Morning Call/Muhlenberg College: Clinton +9 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:47:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PA-Morning Call/Muhlenberg College: Clinton +9 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA-Morning Call/Muhlenberg College: Clinton +9  (Read 6770 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 18, 2016, 05:33:29 PM »

Slightly OT, but I saw Muhlenberg and it reminded me of the old country song about Muhlenberg County, Kentucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEy6EuZp9IY

I looked up the Uni, and found that they are based out of Allentown PA....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHnJp0oyOxs

Back on topic, Lehigh County is a county that trended heavily Republican in 2000 and 2004, swung hard towards Obama in '08 and stayed +8 Dem in '12, but trended against the statewide PVI.

Muhlenberg County, Kentucky was only a 50-48 Obama win in '08 and swung to a 61-38 Romney win in '12.

Previously 50-49 Bush Jr (2004), 52-46 Gore (2000)....

This poll is likely a few points too friendly to Clinton, although it is consistent with PA numbers overall holding up....

Meanwhile we have places like Lehigh County PA (Allentown), and Muhlenberg County KY that used to be solid New Deal Democrat union towns.... Will Trump be able to make huge inroads into these types of communities to build a winning coalition in OH and PA?Huh

Regardless, please listen to the classic tunes and although we are in height of political season, there is a real story going on in communities like these....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies