The liberal Republic (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:02:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The liberal Republic (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The liberal Republic  (Read 107970 times)
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
« on: December 09, 2021, 10:15:00 PM »

I’ve got a gut feeling there’s gonna be a major surprise here…
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 10:46:02 PM »

My final prediction, and something tells me I may end up being right...

Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 03:02:12 PM »

I wonder if Linda Ronstadt could get married to Jerry during his presidency. Would she even be considered the First Lady even if she’s not married to him?

Either way, definitely odd to see a famous musician of that time being FLOTUS, let alone living in the White House.
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 12:57:06 AM »

Will Linda Ronstadt continue her music career as First Lady, even if she wouldn’t be able to hold concert tours? (or would she be able to even with Secret Service?)
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 03:43:26 PM »

Will Linda Ronstadt continue her music career as First Lady, even if she wouldn’t be able to hold concert tours? (or would she be able to even with Secret Service?)

In our timeline (IOT), Ronstadt released her platinum-selling album Mad Love in February 1980. I don't think anything from this timeline butterflies that away. In summer 1980 OTL, Ronstadt did a run of Pirates of Penzance, which had... mixed reviews, but the production was on Broadway from January 1981 to November 1982. I imagine this run doesn't happen in this timeline, which could be a great thing for Ronstadt's career, since it was followed by a series of albums of albums from the Great American Songbook (a decidedly major career shift). Ronstadt might not be able to hold concert tours, but there's nothing stopping her from inviting musicians to the White House. Imagine another Woodstock, but at the White House, and instead of Nixon's War on Drugs, we get earlier decriminalization of cannabis, Farm Aid... many possibilities!

Assuming Brown serves two terms, and assuming they're still dating or even married by then, I wonder if Brown's presidency would affect the release of Linda's 1987 album Canciones de Mi Padre, the biggest selling non-English language album in American history, which was a very big milestone for her career.

Trio, her collaboration album with Dolly Parton and Emmylou Harris, was also released in 1987, also a major part of her career. That could be affected too?
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 01:26:37 AM »

Percy 1984
theflyingmongoose

★★★★

Grade President Brown’s Presidency so far
« on: October 1, 1981 8:49:10 pm »

I agree with NSR that Brown's presidency has been a let down. His domestic policy has been pretty bad and flip-floppy. The whole ATC/FAA debacle was the biggest part, but maybe my dislike of labor unions is getting in the way (though I don't see how $5,000 more on between $20,000 and $30,000 isn't enough). Foreign policy has been worse, as we've been bowing to the Soviets.

We need to elect a moderate anti-tax elitist in 1984 at this point.

ERM64man
ERM64man
YaBB God

★★★★★

« on: October 1, 1981 8:50:19 pm »

This will lead to a Republican pickup of at least 100 seats in 1982 in the House. Reagan will then appoint Bork to SCOTUS and it will eventually vote 9-0 to repeal the Civil Rights Act!

MR RONALD RAYGUN
olawakandi
Atlas Institution

★★★★★

« on: October 1, 1981 8:52:37 pm »

lol ERM s dooming. Dems under MR JERRYALD BROWN will win, its 600 days until election, still time for SECULAR WAVE  🌊 🌊 🌊 🌊 🌊 🌊 🌊 🌊 🌊 🌊

Fake posts aren't complete without OC
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 12:57:09 AM »

I think Paul Laxalt would be good if he's anything like his grandson (future senator Adam Laxalt)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies