NV-PPP: Cortez-Masto +1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:55:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Senatorial Election Polls
  NV-PPP: Cortez-Masto +1
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV-PPP: Cortez-Masto +1  (Read 3858 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2016, 03:58:57 PM »
« edited: September 12, 2016, 04:02:29 PM by heatcharger »

http://www.ktnv.com/news/ralston/white-house-senate-races-very-close-in-nevada
https://www.scribd.com/document/323773529/NVResults912-1?keyword=ft200noi&content=10079&ad_group=Online+Tracking+Link&campaign=Skimbit%2C+Ltd.&source=impactradius&medium=affiliate&irgwc=1

Cortez-Masto - 42%
Heck - 41%

Favorability numbers seem a little harsh I would say:

Cortez-Masto: 37/41
Heck: 39/45
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 04:01:36 PM »

Great news😁
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 04:02:34 PM »

Well, hope you enjoyed your chances while they lasted, Heck, since they're gone now.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 04:19:06 PM »

Well, hope you enjoyed your chances while they lasted, Heck, since they're gone now.

Funny, I didn't know a one point deficit two months out was something you couldn't overcome.

Contrary to popular belief, the Democrats path to a real majority, 51-49, looks narrow. Unless you guys pull off an upset in FL, NC, AZ, MO, or LA, you have to sweep the six seats where you appear to have an advantage (IL, NV, WI, PA, IN, NH).

Yeah, this one is a pure Tossup. Could go either way.
swf541

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 04:41:24 PM »

Funny, I didn't know a one point deficit two months out was something you couldn't overcome.

Contrary to popular belief, the Democrats path to a real majority, 51-49, looks narrow. Unless you guys pull off an upset in FL, NC, AZ, MO, or LA, you have to sweep the six seats where you appear to have an advantage (IL, NV, WI, PA, IN, NH).

I think Dems will win at least 1 of FL, NC, AZ or MO
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 04:45:44 PM »

Very good poll.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 05:09:33 PM »

When a one point deficit comes after you've held the lead in virtually every previous poll, and in a state where polling consistently overestimates your party, you're in trouble.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 05:24:52 PM »

There are people in the NV Democratic Party who could've thrown this race (any of their three most recent Senate nominees, for instance, or of their two last gubernatorial nominees) to Joe Heck, but it's becoming increasingly clear that they've finally made a clearheaded decision in nominating CCM. A competent Democrat beats a competent Republican in a presidential year in Nevada.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 05:28:32 PM »

When a one point deficit comes after you've held the lead in virtually every previous poll, and in a state where polling consistently overestimates your party, you're in trouble.

Historical polling errors don't always show up on election day, or may not show up across the board. In 2014, many believed M. Udall was safe because of a historical polling error in CO. While the polls were off for the governor's race (The RCP average underestimated Hickenlooper by 2.4%), the polling average was exactly right for the senate race. I'm not saying you can't use historical polling errors to construct ratings, but you shouldn't be all "HAHAH! Safe Masto!" based on that alone.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 05:34:24 PM »

Historical polling errors don't always show up on election day, or may not show up across the board. In 2014, many believed M. Udall was safe because of a historical polling error in CO. While the polls were off for the governor's race (The RCP average underestimated Hickenlooper by 2.4%), the polling average was exactly right for the senate race. I'm not saying you can't use historical polling errors to construct ratings, but you shouldn't be all "HAHAH! Safe Masto!" based on that alone.

I don't think anyone thought Udall was safe by the fall of 2014. If Heck suddenly surges back into the lead, that changes things, but the way things have been going, it doesn't look good for him. Polling in general doesn't have a consistent bias, but NV polling tends to underestimate Democrats specifically because Latinos are either underpolled, or polls do not reach native Spanish speaking Latinos, who vote even more Democratic. I won't say this race is Safe D just yet, but if Heck is still trailing on election day, even by a small amount, he's toast.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 05:39:30 PM »

I don't think anyone thought Udall was safe by the fall of 2014.

Invisible Obama thought he was right up to election day. And he wasn't trolling, he said it many times and very seriously. Even in the final days, the most he got to was something along the lines of "I know what this data is saying, but I just don't see it happening. The polls are always off.". There was also another guy who predicted on election day that the dems would actually end up with a net gain in the senate, but I'm not convinced he was actually being serious.
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 06:04:35 PM »

I am confident this one will be within 3 points. But if Heck loses it will be one painful loss.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2016, 06:18:27 PM »

This is the one state all cycle where Democrats have really underperformed their expectations (in polling at least)

quote author=xīngkěruì link=topic=245552.msg5260171#msg5260171 date=1473714154]
[/quote]

I hope your joking.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 06:43:43 PM »

This is the one state all cycle where Democrats have really underperformed their expectations (in polling at least)

quote author=xīngkěruì link=topic=245552.msg5260171#msg5260171 date=1473714154]

I hope your joking.
[/quote]

I'm standing by my prediction that NV polling will be off again this year. However, even if we assume that NV polling is accurate, Heck has still gone from being consistently ahead to being tied. If polling shifts back in Heck's favor, then of course I'll change my prediction.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 06:45:55 PM »

Marist was really off on polling. Ayotte is 2-3 points behind not 7 pts ahead either
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 06:58:33 PM »

I recall posts here saying that since Rauner wasn't leading by a bigger margin in the polls, he was toast. Guess how that one worked out, huh.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 08:02:50 PM »

I don't see this poll as meaningfully different from the majority of polls which showed Heck up by one. He's outperforming Trump. Pure Tossup still, although I do think Masto will pull it out.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 05:19:35 AM »

Well,
I don't think Nevada will be so close for Hillary in the end, there are too many latinos and Reid's machine is still alive. So I guess that should be enough for CCM to prevail.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 11:16:14 AM »

I recall posts here saying that since Rauner wasn't leading by a bigger margin in the polls, he was toast. Guess how that one worked out, huh.

You're a Clinton supporter? lol
Well, Johnson isn't going to get elected, so...
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 09:48:29 AM »

You're a Clinton supporter? lol
Well, Johnson isn't going to get elected, so...

Welcome to the light side!

Anyway, still tossup, but I'd be lying if I said Masto didn't have an advantage.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 08:27:40 PM »

Seattle values aren't Nevada's values, and they aren't America's values. And they sure as Heck aren't Nevadans values or Americans values.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 10:03:22 PM »

Dems overlooked Heck who reminds voters of Sandoval and Heller. But, doesn't let Heller off hook in 2018, though.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2016, 05:22:09 PM »

It's interesting that the Dem Senate candidate in NV appears to be outperforming Clinton at this point in the race....

Hopefully some "reverse coattails" Wink
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 09:46:03 AM »

Please let it be true.
Pages: [1]