Opinion of Colin Kaepernick
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 11:07:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Colin Kaepernick
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Title
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 71

Author Topic: Opinion of Colin Kaepernick  (Read 2234 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2016, 10:44:26 PM »
« edited: September 12, 2016, 10:46:41 PM by Lyin' Steve »

Just saw this guy on TV showboating around shaking hands and signing autographs for fellow sociopaths after doing his signature stunt while Blaine Gabbert played football.  Let's get this over with Atlas because I'm sure you all love him.

I will just say this.  Refusing to show respect for the United States of America because of the actions of a small number of individuals is ridiculous.  Last I checked Black Lives Matter was focused on racist cops in the police force, and the notion that America as a whole was a racist, oppressive nation that we should be ashamed of was confined to the radical fools in the movement.  But when you refuse to stand for the pledge, we all know what you're saying.  Although we don't really have to get anything from implication since Kaepernick flat out said why he was doing it -- "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color" is the direct quote -- everyone just ignores that he said that because they want to put their own spin on it and pretend he agrees with whatever they believe.  I'm just saying there's no excuse for not standing up even if you're not doing it explicitly to be a repugnant jackass.

And don't give me this cowardly "just trying to draw attention" bs... statements have meaning and actions have consequences.  If I run over your dog I don't get a pass if I say I was doing it to draw attention to the plight of the Yazidis in Syria.  If you support Kaepernick then take responsibility for what you're really saying and supporting instead of hiding behind the middle ground that he does not occupy.

Also since when is Black Lives Matter in need of attention?  It's the media's second-favorite topic after Trump.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 11:37:32 PM »

FF for standing up for what he believes.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 11:41:52 PM »

Who cares?
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 11:52:16 PM »

This. He plays sports.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 11:56:55 PM »

I like how angry he makes LYIN' Steve and other supposedly anti-PC type people, but otherwise I couldn't care less about the guy and I don't really pay attention to sportsball.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 11:57:28 PM »

I like how angry he makes LYIN' Steve and other supposedly anti-PC type people, but otherwise I couldn't care less about the guy and I don't really pay attention to sportsball.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 12:03:47 AM »

Can we shut down all news and social media outlets until we find out what's going on why they're unmitigated garbage?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 12:25:47 AM »

Eh, HP for believing stupid things. People are far too worked up, though.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 12:34:27 AM »

FF for triggering so many hypocrites who whine about how Americans are becoming too sensitive.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 12:42:01 AM »

He was an HP before this sh**t and he's still an HP.  I totally understand why someone who didn't know much about the guy two weeks ago would vote FF though.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 12:58:59 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2016, 01:00:40 AM by Lyin' Steve »

Eh, HP for believing stupid things. People are far too worked up, though.

I think the reason people are worked up, or at least why I'm irritated by it, is that instead of simply enjoying the start of another football season, now every game starts on a sour note because we have to watch several of the players proudly refuse to show respect to the American flag, presumably because they agree with Kaepernick that America is a racist country that we should be ashamed of (although in interviews they'll just waffle and say they wanted to "raise awareness" of... something, and in reality half of them just want attention).  Furthermore, most or all of the media coverage around football is dominated by this garbage.

Angry?  Triggered?  I'd just like to enjoy sports without having left-wing anti-American politics shoved in my face.  Does everything have to be political now?  And if we now want football to validate our political beliefs, could it at least be something less stupid and disgusting than "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color"?

Good catch on the lyin' bit.  Very clever of you to point that out.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 06:07:02 AM »

FF for triggering so many hypocrites who whine about how Americans are becoming too sensitive.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2016, 09:09:14 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2016, 09:15:04 AM by DavidB. »

HP for acting in an anti-American way while rightfully protesting the way black people are oftentimes treated. He should instead have emphasized that the ones who stand for the status-quo are anti-American by denying black people equal treatment, which is not the American way. His struggle is, in fact, pro-American, but sadly he and BLM seem to reject that very idea. They seem to have lost faith in America, which is very sad. I can't blame him for that, because he's rightfully angry, but I do blame him for instilling that same lack of faith in America in other young black people, which is not going to lead to anything good.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2016, 09:12:02 AM »

I couldn't care less what he does and I wish we would stop talking about him.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2016, 10:36:34 AM »

Terrible QB, I can't wait until he falls back into obscurity.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 11:33:11 AM »

Should be starting.
evergreenarbor

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: -8.43

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 12:28:17 PM »

The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 12:45:18 PM »

I had more of a problem watching a clearly befuddled war criminal do the coin flip before the Giants-Cowboys game, Now that was disrespectful.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 01:07:32 PM »

This, but he is a terrible qb. If Blaine grabbert is starting in front of you, you should just retire. His previous success is probably thanks solely to qb whisperer Jim harbaugh.

Also, Ray Lewis is spot on about this. "[Your right on, but keep the flag out of it.]"
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2016, 01:17:23 PM »

Absolute garbage. Massive HP.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2016, 03:18:04 PM »

FF just because he pisses off the Facebook whinosperhe of Ted Cruz supporting grannies.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 03:49:23 PM »

Good catch on the lyin' bit.  Very clever of you to point that out.

it is yer name, ain't it?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2016, 04:22:48 PM »

Is he trying to make a protest? If so, he needs to be clear about what he's protesting and what he thinks needs to be done. If you have a vague laundry list of things, your protest is not effective, especially if you don't come off that well when you open your mouth. If it's meant to be something else and he just doesn't feel he can do it the regular way and he's not trying to convince anyone of anything, ok whatever. In any case I think it's weird that kneeling is now considered a sign of disrespect.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2016, 05:27:58 PM »

Lmfao. So a person who sits down while a song plays is considered "garbage" now? Jesus Christ.

He wants attention. That's like 90% of why he is doing this. How does this actually solve any problems?

Jeane Kirkpatrick's "Blame America First" has never been more true about progressives.
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2016, 07:14:30 PM »

Lmfao. So a person who sits down while a song plays is considered "garbage" now? Jesus Christ.

He wants attention. That's like 90% of why he is doing this. How does this actually solve any problems?

Jeane Kirkpatrick's "Blame America First" has never been more true about progressives.

So everyone who tries to raise awareness about social inequality is an attention seeker? Jeez, you must be even harsher on Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, and that ilk...
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies