FL-JMC Analytics: Trump +4 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:16:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  FL-JMC Analytics: Trump +4 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-JMC Analytics: Trump +4  (Read 3584 times)
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 13, 2016, 12:14:00 AM »

Anecdotally and culturally though, Trump is a horrible fit, and Hillary is well-respected among Puerto Ricans.

I get that, but at a prior split of 73:27, it's hard to see how even a drop to 95:5 would be enough to tip the state.  Unless we're in 2000 margin territory.

My whole point is, to hang one's hat on Trump losing Florida due entirely to Hispanic shifts, that's going to have to happen through Cubans or it's not going to happen at all.

Not saying you're wrong, but trying to follow your logic. Are you making the case that Trump will outperform Romney among Cubans? Are you accounting for growth of PR community in Central FL, a community that does not have to apply for citizenship and is instinctively Democratic?

Hundreds of thousands of Puerto Ricans have moved to FL since 2012, a lot of my family members included. In Florida, where a couple thousand votes matter, it makes a huge difference.

Which was my point, and I'm glad you have the experience/knowledge to give it more credence.

Arch knows his facts on this one..

Unfortunately, the Neo-Liberal shock therapy program, that was previously applied in Poland back in 93/94, that Republicans and some Democrats attempted to apply to the Island, did not work at all.

Many left the Island as a direct result to move temporarily back to the mainland, to support family members, in what is the worst economic collapse since the Great Depression.

Needless to say, Puerto Ricans are currently not big fans of either the Paul Ryan austerity program, let alone the Trump racist stereotype scene....
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies