Google Consumer Surveys 50-state breakdown
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:04:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Google Consumer Surveys 50-state breakdown
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Google Consumer Surveys 50-state breakdown  (Read 14353 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2016, 10:40:15 PM »

Just checking, we realize NH went from Clinton +12 to Trump +9 to Clinton +31 in the first column, right? Geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz

You mean over the last 3 releases, right?

That's bound to happen when you literally have polls of 70 people.  It's not a big enough sample to get realistic results.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2016, 10:54:14 PM »

Just checking, we realize NH went from Clinton +12 to Trump +9 to Clinton +31 in the first column, right? Geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz

That's bound to happen when you literally have polls of 70 people.  It's not a big enough sample to get realistic results.

Then why even post it?
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2016, 10:57:56 PM »

IDK if those polls "skew" 538. The average of 538 is pretty similar to Upshot. It is the chances that so different (because of strong covariance and and assumed polling error.) If I am not wrong.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2016, 11:01:48 PM »

Then why even post it?

Ask Google Surveys.  They've chosen to release polls with 70 respondents, and 538 is including them in their models.  I only post what Google Surveys has reported.  The sample size is included as a column for a reason.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2016, 11:05:23 PM »

Then why even post it?

Ask Google Surveys.  They've chosen to release polls with 70 respondents, and 538 is including them in their models.  I only post what Google Surveys has reported.  The sample size is included as a column for a reason.

Yeah, but if you think they're that worthless (I agree with you, as should anyone that isn't a discredited fraud), nobody's forcing you to post them...
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2016, 11:31:48 PM »

Then why even post it?

Yeah, but if you think they're that worthless (I agree with you, as should anyone that isn't a discredited fraud), nobody's forcing you to post them...

They're not all worthless.  Most state polls have sample sizes that are sufficient for a decent poll.  It's largely the polls in the 3-5 EV states that are sometimes dubious due to low sample sizes... and Kansas.  I still suspect Google Surveys has a problem resolving all the non-Kansan IP addresses that are geographically resolved to a lake near Wichita, Kansas.

The Google Survey polls Atlas users have commissioned in the 3-5 EV states are at least plausible because the sample size is larger.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2016, 11:33:15 PM »

Then why even post it?

They're not all worthless.  Most state polls have sample sizes that are sufficient for a decent poll.  It's largely the polls in the 3-5 EV states that are sometimes dubious due to low sample sizes... and Kansas.  I still suspect Google Surveys has a problem resolving all the non-Kansan IP addresses that are geographically resolved to a lake near Wichita, Kansas.

The Google Survey polls Atlas users have commissioned in the 3-5 EV states are at least plausible because the sample size is larger.

Yeah, they're far from A+s, and more often than other polls spit out some real eggs, but they're not as bad on the whole as people make them out to be.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2016, 05:02:29 AM »

These give me a headache.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2016, 10:00:22 AM »

missouri at clinton+10 with a >500 sample size? Grin
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2016, 10:01:41 AM »

I think it probably has something to do with Kansas City and Fiber.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #160 on: November 04, 2016, 10:08:29 PM »

Did this update again yet?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #161 on: November 04, 2016, 10:14:35 PM »

I don't see an update on FiveThirtyEight or Google's own websites.  I expect their final polls on Monday or Tuesday.  They usually take 5 days.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #162 on: November 04, 2016, 10:17:02 PM »

I don't see an update on FiveThirtyEight or Google's own websites.  I expect their final polls on Monday or Tuesday.  They usually take 5 days.
The last update was on the 1st.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #163 on: November 04, 2016, 10:22:57 PM »

The last update was on the 1st.

That puts them on track to possibly update their numbers on Monday.  It's usually been 5-6 days between 50-state poll releases.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2016, 10:10:24 PM »

The final Google Survey 50 State Poll Results.  Some of these are a real mess.  Salt to taste:

cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #165 on: November 07, 2016, 10:36:49 PM »

Google Survey Reported:

Raw:

LV Weighted:
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2016, 10:37:43 PM »

Ummm... lol
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2016, 02:44:17 AM »

Definitely going to lose their high pollster rating!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies