Colombia: FARC peace agreement plebiscite (October 2, 2016) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:32:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Colombia: FARC peace agreement plebiscite (October 2, 2016) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Colombia: FARC peace agreement plebiscite (October 2, 2016)  (Read 11808 times)
aross
Rookie
United Kingdom

« on: September 30, 2016, 11:00:11 AM »

Very Sad! that nobody seems to care about an event of such importance, but what can you do.
FWIW I'm reading with great interest, there's just very little to add from someone who sadly knows little of Latin America, and less of this part of it.

If I may go full #AMA - What would be the immediate (political, not legal) consequences of a Sí and No victory, respectively? And how would you expect the FARC to react to a No result in the longer term?
aross
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 07:24:03 AM »

If I may go full #AMA - What would be the immediate (political, not legal) consequences of a Sí and No victory, respectively? And how would you expect the FARC to react to a No result in the longer term?
snip
This is why Old Atlas need likes. Thanks!

Finally - to what extent is the government serious about implementing the parts of the agreement I get the impression will be unpopular among (certain parts of) the establishment (land reform springs to mind in particular)?
aross
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 04:58:30 PM »

Well fyck.
aross
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 05:05:39 PM »

What the hell happened about turnout?
aross
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 09:02:42 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2016, 10:31:34 PM by aross »

tfw when you hadn't got round to reading Hash's reply to your last question until now and even though it isn't even particularly optimistic you're weeping for what could have been

From a vague scan, would it be fair to say that the areas hit hardest by the FARC over the course of the conflict did indeed overwhelmingly vote Sí?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies