Clinton FBI Release Megathread: Hillary's 11 cell phones, concussion, etc
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 08:23:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Clinton FBI Release Megathread: Hillary's 11 cell phones, concussion, etc
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Clinton FBI Release Megathread: Hillary's 11 cell phones, concussion, etc  (Read 4419 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2016, 06:37:32 PM »

I thought it would say that she had killed children during the interview considering how much this was hyped up by the hacks on both sides.  Nothing new.  Like always, republican fiction writers are hard at work trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2016, 06:39:31 PM »

You know what? If the FBI had indicted Clinton, I would have been pretty bummed that I had supported a criminal, but I would have respected the decision. I would have acknowledged that, whatever my personal feelings on the matter might be, the FBI are the authority on these matters and I am not. I would have acknowledged that Clinton had comitted some crime, probably endangered national security, and that she was probably not fit to be President, despite my subjective feelings that she was. On the other hand, given that she was not indicted, I think that it is best to acknowledge that she acted careless, not to forgive her, but to maintain my support of her, knowing that she is flawed, but incredibly qualified to be President despite that, and absolutely the best choice that we have right now.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #102 on: September 02, 2016, 06:39:55 PM »

I don't understand why she didn't just come clean on this back in June/July and put the issue to bed?  At this point, it could be existential.  If Trump doesn't make a fool of himself this weekend (and I mean something Khan/Curiel/disabled NYT reporter level), he's going to take the lead next week. 

I dont think so. Its a news dump on a holiday weekend occuring the same time as a major tropical storm. It'll get burried.
Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #103 on: September 02, 2016, 06:41:50 PM »

Hillary is a real truth teller.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #104 on: September 02, 2016, 06:43:18 PM »

I don't understand why she didn't just come clean on this back in June/July and put the issue to bed?

There is no way Republicans spend millions of dollars and go through numerous Congressional investigations and just shrug and go away in 3 months because Clinton makes one statement.  Nice try though.

If Trump doesn't make a fool of himself this weekend (and I mean something Khan/Curiel/disabled NYT reporter level), he's going to take the lead next week. 

You desperately hope.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2016, 06:49:15 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2016, 06:52:05 PM by LittleBigOctopus »

I don't understand why she didn't just come clean on this back in June/July and put the issue to bed?  At this point, it could be existential.  If Trump doesn't make a fool of himself this weekend (and I mean something Khan/Curiel/disabled NYT reporter level), he's going to take the lead next week.  
Smiley I would also add Megyn and Cruz' wife. Those "actions" were so unreasonably stupid I wanted punch him in the face. But he's getting better, for sure Smiley
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2016, 06:54:42 PM »

I'll vote for clinton because I wish to live within a first world country that continues to invest in its self as in educating our children, investing in science and infrastructure. I don't care if she did pay for play or was careless about her emails as I understand my government is corrupt, but of the two choices I choose clinton.

Not saying that you can't vote for Clinton, if you want to by all means do it, but this is essentially a four choice election. If you'd rather vote for Johnson or Stein, just do it. The "wasted vote" theory is only a thing because people buy into it - if everyone who said "I want to vote third-party but I don't want to waste my vote" just decided to be bold and do it, you could get someone like Johnson up to the high teens, perhaps even low twenties.

Again, what part of no indictment to cynic, Seriously??!! and ABBA Boy not understand? None of this lead the FBI to recommend indictment, so clearly it's going nowhere.

So unless you're thrown in jail for something, there's nothing wrong with it, period? So if I go and steal something but never get caught, it's fine? I mean that's basically what you're arguing.
The FBI had access to all of this same information, and came to the conclusion that there was nothing to convict her on. Unless you think that you have better judgement on these issues than the ing FBI, which is basically what all of you are saying, I think it's time to get over this.

Yes, there was nothing to indict her on, I get that, but read my other post:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2016, 07:14:52 PM »

I wonder when the Swede will realise I have him on ignore and have for a good week. I accidentally logged out and saw him quote me.

I'm hoping he will get banned
Fusionmunster

« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2016, 07:16:39 PM »

I'll vote for clinton because I wish to live within a first world country that continues to invest in its self as in educating our children, investing in science and infrastructure. I don't care if she did pay for play or was careless about her emails as I understand my government is corrupt, but of the two choices I choose clinton.

Not saying that you can't vote for Clinton, if you want to by all means do it, but this is essentially a four choice election. If you'd rather vote for Johnson or Stein, just do it. The "wasted vote" theory is only a thing because people buy into it - if everyone who said "I want to vote third-party but I don't want to waste my vote" just decided to be bold and do it, you could get someone like Johnson up to the high teens, perhaps even low twenties.

Again, what part of no indictment to cynic, Seriously??!! and ABBA Boy not understand? None of this lead the FBI to recommend indictment, so clearly it's going nowhere.

So unless you're thrown in jail for something, there's nothing wrong with it, period? So if I go and steal something but never get caught, it's fine? I mean that's basically what you're arguing.
The FBI had access to all of this same information, and came to the conclusion that there was nothing to convict her on. Unless you think that you have better judgement on these issues than the ing FBI, which is basically what all of you are saying, I think it's time to get over this.

Yes, there was nothing to indict her on, I get that, but read my other post:

Bingo.  This looks very ugly, especially because she basically claimed incompetence as her defense.  The possibility of a landslide is basically foreclosed now.  And assuming she still wins (she probably will, narrowly), this stuff has the potential to turn into Watergate 2.0 and destroy the downballot party for a generation in 2018/20.  It could also be the reason she doesn't get the senate back, which is yuge for SCOTUS purposes.

And now im just gonna ignore you because this post is dumb.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2016, 07:17:24 PM »

I wonder when the Swede will realise I have him on ignore and have for a good week. I accidentally logged out and saw him quote me.

I'm hoping he will get banned
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2016, 07:18:23 PM »

Seriously?
United States

« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2016, 07:19:44 PM »

Bingo.  This looks very ugly, especially because she basically claimed incompetence as her defense.  The possibility of a landslide is basically foreclosed now.  And assuming she still wins (she probably will, narrowly), this stuff has the potential to turn into Watergate 2.0 and destroy the downballot party for a generation in 2018/20.  It could also be the reason she doesn't get the senate back, which is yuge for SCOTUS purposes.

I can't believe that Hillary employed the 1) I'm too dumb, no one ever told me that C = Classified defense and 2) blamed her health issues for not remembering certain things (like whether she was ever trained).

As if the Republicans won't run with that.

The stuff in here is damning. I am not shocked for one second that Obama's FBI sought to dump this on the Friday before Labor Day.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2016, 07:19:59 PM »

I don't understand why she didn't just come clean on this back in June/July and put the issue to bed?

There is no way Republicans spend millions of dollars and go through numerous Congressional investigations and just shrug and go away in 3 months because Clinton makes one statement.  Nice try though.

If Trump doesn't make a fool of himself this weekend (and I mean something Khan/Curiel/disabled NYT reporter level), he's going to take the lead next week. 

You desperately hope.

What do you think she is going to gain from ignoring it and letting the constant stream of negative stories straight up to election day go unanswered?

Who said she is "ignoring it"?

You are posting like the multiple multimillion dollar White Water investigations didn't happen.  If it wasn't emails it would be something else.  There is no one thing that will just make Republicans quit and go away.  Remember these are the people who called President Obama's White House one of the most corrupt in history.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2016, 07:24:27 PM »

I can't believe that Hillary employed the 1) I'm too dumb, no one ever told me that C = Classified defense and 2) blamed her health issues for not remembering certain things (like whether she was ever trained).

As if the Republicans won't run with that.
If she knew, that it would get published, she wouldn't never employ that.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2016, 07:27:16 PM »

You are posting like the multiple multimillion dollar White Water investigations didn't happen.  If it wasn't emails it would be something else.  There is no one thing that will just make Republicans quit and go away.  Remember these are the people who called President Obama's White House one of the most corrupt in history.
But it didn't stick, did it?

Why does she not want to hold a press conference and meet consequences/questions. Avoiding will not help, will it?

Don't act like it just goes away.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2016, 07:28:40 PM »

You are posting like the multiple multimillion dollar White Water investigations didn't happen.  If it wasn't emails it would be something else.  There is no one thing that will just make Republicans quit and go away.  Remember these are the people who called President Obama's White House one of the most corrupt in history.

Why does she not want to hold a press conference and meet consequences/questions. Avoiding will not help, will it?

Yeah. She has held like 2 press conferences in this calendar year. Meanwhile Trump is happy to do them even though he frequently bashes the media.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2016, 07:32:00 PM »

Can this get any worse? Apparently, they sent a laptop with an archive of the e-mails on Clinton's private server in the freaking mail. (either via USPS or UPS) and it got "lost."

Per the Daily Beast.

Source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/02/hillary-clinton-s-team-lost-a-laptop-full-of-her-emails-in-the-actual-mail.html?via=desktop&source=twitter
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2016, 07:34:19 PM »

You are posting like the multiple multimillion dollar White Water investigations didn't happen.  If it wasn't emails it would be something else.  There is no one thing that will just make Republicans quit and go away.  Remember these are the people who called President Obama's White House one of the most corrupt in history.

But the investigations, hearings, slander, and tens of millions of dollars of wasted taxpayer funds went on for YEARS before they moved on to their newest shiny toy.  Actual innocence nor the president's words magically made it all go away.  By the Republican fake scandal Obama scale Hillary isn't even half way through the first inning.  She's not wrapping this up with a 30 minute chat.

Read what I just typed.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2016, 07:38:38 PM »

Can this get any worse? Apparently, they sent a laptop with an archive of the e-mails on Clinton's private server in the freaking mail. (either via USPS or UPS) and it got "lost."

Per the Daily Beast.

Source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/09/02/hillary-clinton-s-team-lost-a-laptop-full-of-her-emails-in-the-actual-mail.html?via=desktop&source=twitter
WTF? Is it true? Why send a laptop? Huh
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2016, 07:43:50 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2016, 07:45:48 PM by LittleBigOctopus »

But the investigations, hearings, slander, and tens of millions of dollars of wasted taxpayer funds went on for YEARS before they moved on to their newest shiny toy.  Actual innocence nor the president's words magically made it all go away.  By the Republican fake scandal Obama scale Hillary isn't even half way through the first inning.  She's not wrapping this up with a 30 minute chat.

Read what I just typed.
OK, OK! Do you imply, that voters are not smart enough (unlike you) to understand that this is just a "fake" scandal?

It is not about emails anymore, but about her way to cover up it.
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2016, 07:44:55 PM »

Ugh, this is enough. I removed the HRC banner days ago as I was reconsidering my endorsement of her, but my mind is made up now:

I HEREBY WITHDRAW MY PREVIOUS ENDORSEMENT OF SECRETARY HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT. AT THIS TIME, I DO NOT ENDORSE ANY OTHER CANDIDATE.

Hillary, if you're reading this, you can get my vote back by holding a press conference and giving a solid explanation to why you thought it was okay to send a very critical laptop and flashdrive through snail mail.

Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2016, 07:47:11 PM »

Ugh, this is enough. I removed the HRC banner days ago as I was reconsidering my endorsement of her, but my mind is made up now:

I HEREBY WITHDRAW MY PREVIOUS ENDORSEMENT OF SECRETARY HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT. AT THIS TIME, I DO NOT ENDORSE ANY OTHER CANDIDATE.

Hillary, if you're reading this, you can get my vote back by holding a press conference and giving a solid explanation to why you thought it was okay to send a very critical laptop and flashdrive through snail mail.
If it is not hurting her, why complain? You should be happy! Smiley
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2016, 07:47:23 PM »

Lol.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2016, 07:48:00 PM »

But the investigations, hearings, slander, and tens of millions of dollars of wasted taxpayer funds went on for YEARS before they moved on to their newest shiny toy.  Actual innocence nor the president's words magically made it all go away.  By the Republican fake scandal Obama scale Hillary isn't even half way through the first inning.  She's not wrapping this up with a 30 minute chat.

Read what I just typed.
OK, OK! Do you imply, that voters are not smart enough (unlike you) to understand that this is just a "fake" scandal?

What do voters have to do with the conversation we are having?  You are asserting that this would all magically go way if she just had a press conference.  I am saying no it won't and offering proof.  I don't see anything about voters in any of my posts.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2016, 07:48:48 PM »

Well, if you've got nothing else to go on...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies