WV-MetroNews: Justice +14 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:31:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WV-MetroNews: Justice +14 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WV-MetroNews: Justice +14  (Read 7483 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« on: September 02, 2016, 09:17:34 AM »

Well this is surprising. I think the flooding response has restored a little bit of the love WV has for Democrats. Local ones, at least.

Also, is the Mountain Party (Green Party) really gonna get 8% on Election Day? I doubt it.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 09:53:35 AM »

It sucks that coal dominates West Virginia politics so hard. Yes, I agree that coal and other fossil fuels are still an important energy source, but their usefulness will decline in the future as most alternative sources get viable. Once solar polar takes off in the West, for instance, the trend will accelerate.

West Virginia is a beautiful state, perhaps Tourism could be a good boost to their economy. Unfortunately, most tourism jobs will not pay the wages that coal mining jobs would.

There should not be a war on coal per se, but more of a move towards alternative energy sources.

Don't get me wrong, the ski resorts in WV are great, but those are only worth anything during the winter.

As for alternative energy, WV isn't a great state for solar or wind, so it's gonna be hard for there to be lots of new jobs for former coal workers.

lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies