WV-MetroNews: Justice +14
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:48:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WV-MetroNews: Justice +14
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WV-MetroNews: Justice +14  (Read 7366 times)
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2016, 02:12:42 PM »

I expect Cole to finish strong, like other recent competitive races in KY/WV, although it seems Justice's lead is big enough that he should still win in the end, similarly to Tomblin's victories in 2011 and 2012. Especially if Republicans keep the legislature, should be interesting to see how that'll go.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2016, 08:58:05 PM »
« Edited: September 04, 2016, 12:26:24 AM by Maxwell »

Well this is surprising. I think the flooding response has restored a little bit of the love WV has for Democrats. Local ones, at least.

Also, is the Mountain Party (Green Party) really gonna get 8% on Election Day? I doubt it.

Pritts probably going to do that well, yes. As Potus stated, she's a name in the state.

Once again I warn that West Virginia polls always vastly over-poll democrats, but that lead might be enough for Justice to win anyway.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2016, 08:58:56 PM »

IceSpear's avoidance of this topic is telling. He knows this proves that no Coleslide is coming.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2016, 08:22:01 AM »

Well this is surprising. I think the flooding response has restored a little bit of the love WV has for Democrats. Local ones, at least.

Also, is the Mountain Party (Green Party) really gonna get 8% on Election Day? I doubt it.

Pritts probably going to do that well, yes. As Potus stated, she's a name in the state.

Once again I warn that West Virginia polls always vastly over-poll democrats, but that lead might be enough for Justice to win anyway.

I think it'll be close and Pritt could be a spoiler for the reasons Riley mentioned, but at this point this race is looking more and more like a narrow win for Justice (possibly even by as much as 5-6% if Pritt turns out to be a paper tiger, which is very possible given that she seems like a bit of a "has been that never was" from the 90s; I am skeptical that she's some sort of "rock star" given that she hasn't done anything to noteworthy since 1996 AFAIK).  IIRC, Cole also more or less admitted a few weeks ago – unprompted, no less – that his own internals showed Justice leading by a solid margin.  Justice seems pretty sketchy and I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of October...err...surprise about his business dealings that sinks his campaign, but if there isn't, then Cole has probably blown this.

Btw, could someone (maybe Riley?) explain why Cole has been doing so poorly?  I thought he was considered a rising star in the WV Republican Party as recently as 2014 (I'm pretty sure he was the NRCC's first choice to run against Nick Rahall).
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2016, 10:15:51 AM »

In all honesty, I agree with TN volunteer. It's Lean D right now, and that's being kind to Cole. I also doubt the Mountain (Green) Party candidate will do that well in West Virginia of all places.
Why? West Virginia has pretty consistently one of the Green Party's best states. It's the perfect place for them to get support.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2016, 10:46:30 AM »

In all honesty, I agree with TN volunteer. It's Lean D right now, and that's being kind to Cole. I also doubt the Mountain (Green) Party candidate will do that well in West Virginia of all places.
Why? West Virginia has pretty consistently one of the Green Party's best states. It's the perfect place for them to get support.

Yeah, and the fact that they have their own wing with a catchy name means they can do even better. The few non-Dixiecrat liberal Democrats there probably feel abandoned by a two-conservative race, so the Mountain Party can do even better this time. 8% seems totally reasonable.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2016, 11:10:55 AM »

I think it'll be close and Pritt could be a spoiler for the reasons Riley mentioned, but at this point this race is looking more and more like a narrow win for Justice (possibly even by as much as 5-6% if Pritt turns out to be a paper tiger, which is very possible given that she seems like a bit of a "has been that never was" from the 90s; I am skeptical that she's some sort of "rock star" given that she hasn't done anything to noteworthy since 1996 AFAIK).  IIRC, Cole also more or less admitted a few weeks ago – unprompted, no less – that his own internals showed Justice leading by a solid margin.  Justice seems pretty sketchy and I wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of October...err...surprise about his business dealings that sinks his campaign, but if there isn't, then Cole has probably blown this.

Btw, could someone (maybe Riley?) explain why Cole has been doing so poorly?  I thought he was considered a rising star in the WV Republican Party as recently as 2014 (I'm pretty sure he was the NRCC's first choice to run against Nick Rahall).

Justice's business dealings are pretty well known, lots of lawsuits by state governments and contractors that don't get their money in a timely manner.  West Virginians don't really care.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2016, 07:16:06 AM »

Justice's business dealings are pretty well known, lots of lawsuits by state governments and contractors that don't get their money in a timely manner.  West Virginians don't really care.

Right, but I wouldn't be surprised if something new came out.  He seems pretty sketchy.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2016, 12:28:37 PM »

Right, but I wouldn't be surprised if something new came out.  He seems pretty sketchy.

Something new probably will come out, but WV won't care.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2016, 07:23:05 PM »

B-b-b-but muh racist hicks think the Democrats are an anti-White hate group. This must be junk!

IceSpear's avoidance of this topic is telling. He knows this proves that no Coleslide is coming.

What was that? Smiley Hi guys!

JUNK POLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2016, 07:24:54 PM »

I'm surprised Cole hasn't tried to utilize Trump more. Considering Trump will likely win by over 30 points here, he should have cut a quick ad on behalf of Cole. Probably would have swayed some voters.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2016, 07:28:32 PM »

I'm surprised Cole hasn't tried to utilize Trump more. Considering Trump will likely win by over 30 points here, he should have cut a quick ad on behalf of Cole. Probably would have swayed some voters.

This poll is old, I just bumped it to gloat. Gov. Cole has won.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies