AZ-Gov: John Greene Running for Governor (Poll's included)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:53:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  AZ-Gov: John Greene Running for Governor (Poll's included)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ-Gov: John Greene Running for Governor (Poll's included)  (Read 1970 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 26, 2005, 11:55:29 AM »

From the A.P.:

PHOENIX - Former state Senate President John Greene announced Thursday he's running for the Republican nomination for Arizona governor in hopes of ousting first-term Democratic incumbent Janet Napolitano.

Latest Poll:

A new statewide telephone poll of 357 registered voters conducted by KAET-TV/Channel 8 and the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University between May 17 - 22, 2005, found that 79 percent of registered voters in Arizona rate Gov. Janet Napolitano's performance in office very good (32 percent) or good (47 percent). Sixteen percent gave her a negative rating. Almost two-thirds (63 percent) of the Republicans interviewed gave the governor a good performance rating, as did 95 percent of the Democrats and 80 percent of the political independents.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 02:33:23 PM »

Wow, those are impressive numbers.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 02:54:14 PM »

How about a real poll?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 02:56:01 PM »
« Edited: June 27, 2005, 04:05:17 PM by Alcon »

I'd wait if I was a pollster.  He just announced, and there's a popular incumbent.  This race won't even be close right now - a month to get the news out would be good.

EDIT: My addiction to adding an extra "N" to the word "incumbent" is really getting annoying.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 02:57:38 PM »

I meant approval numbers from a respected polling outfit. Survey USA, Rasmussen, Gallup, hell, even Zogby...
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 03:00:13 PM »

I meant approval numbers from a respected polling outfit. Survey USA, Rasmussen, Gallup, hell, even Zogby...

Arizona State University was rather erratic this year, but so were Arizona's poll numbers in general.  They would had to have murdered the MoE here to invalidate these numbers, though.

59-32 was Survey USA's most recent numbers, which doubles the disapproval, but perhaps pushed neutrals to approve/disapprove.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 01:38:29 AM »

Napolitano has the samea davatnage that Bill Ownes had in CO.  The state just grows itself.  Like California used to be.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies