Is your Lt. Gov. worse than mine?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:39:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Is your Lt. Gov. worse than mine?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Is your Lt. Gov. worse than mine?
Yes

No

I live in PA

My state doesn't have a Lt. Gov

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Is your Lt. Gov. worse than mine?  (Read 2781 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2005, 10:54:35 PM »

As long as we are on the subject of Lt. Gov's  here's an article from The State for you to chew on.

Note that the entry of a Democrat into the race today doesn't cause them to focus on how Fritz Hollings' son, Michael, stacks up against the incumbent Andre Bauer, but against the Republican challenger to Bauer, Mike Campbell, son of former Governor Carroll Campbell.  Granted some of this is because both their fathers have had much more of an impact on SC politics that Bauer has (and likely ever will in my opinion) but frankly I doubt that Bauer will be reeected, and I really hope that my doubts will come true.
Kevinstat

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2005, 03:11:22 PM »

Maine Senate President Beth Edmonds, who would become Governor if Governor Baldacci died or resigned before December of next year, is very liberal and is regarded by some as not having the proper credentials of someone in her position (she's a retired or on leave children's librarian), but she seems like a nice lady and must have decent political skills, as she defeated a former 19-year state House Speaker for the gig.  That former Speaker, John Martin, had given up the speakership under pressure in 1994, but had seemed to have reestablished and slightly reinvented himself politically and was someone I believe many expected to be elected.  Edmonds is elligible for another term both in the Senate and as Senate President and represents a Democratic-leaning district, but the Republicans seem positioned to mount another strong challenge for control of the Senate next fall and there are several V.I.P.s among the Democrats in the Senate who could be strong challengers for the top spot if the Democrats kept the majority and they saw an opportunity.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies