New poll hype thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:33:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  New poll hype thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 54
Author Topic: New poll hype thread  (Read 92410 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: October 14, 2016, 10:47:06 AM »
« edited: October 14, 2016, 10:51:33 AM by xīngkěruì »

I'll say Trump +6, Bayh +4, Gregg +1 for Indiana.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #626 on: October 14, 2016, 10:53:40 AM »

Going out on a limb and saying Young +2.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #627 on: October 14, 2016, 10:56:25 AM »

Trump +4
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #628 on: October 14, 2016, 11:03:02 AM »

I'll be bold:
Trump +7
Young +1
Gregg +2

I think Gregg & Young have both been running better campaigns and building momentum.

Yeah, I agree with this. Bayh has sucked in his campaign.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #629 on: October 14, 2016, 03:22:32 PM »
« Edited: October 14, 2016, 03:25:49 PM by heatcharger »

PPP teases that they have a Florida poll coming within the next hour.

Edit: It's a 7-8 on their Dem happiness scale.

I'll guess Clinton +4 and Little Marco +5.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #630 on: October 14, 2016, 03:24:08 PM »

I'll guess Clinton +4 and Rubio +6
elcorazon

« Reply #631 on: October 14, 2016, 03:24:36 PM »

FL: Clinton + 4
Rubio + 4
dspNY
United States

« Reply #632 on: October 14, 2016, 03:25:50 PM »

They say 7 to 8 on Dem happiness scale so it'll be Clinton by 5
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #633 on: October 14, 2016, 03:27:49 PM »

7-8 on the happiness scale?

Clinton +5
Flawless Beautiful Marco Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart +1 (I doubt they'd give a 7-8 if he's ahead by a significant margin)
Ozymandias

« Reply #634 on: October 15, 2016, 12:00:37 AM »
« Edited: October 15, 2016, 12:02:18 AM by Ozymandias »

From comments over at Daily Kos:

kownby Oct 14 · 03:58:03 PM
Live in Harris County (Houston). About an hour ago, my husband received a phone call. It was Monmouth University polling institute asking him to take their presidential poll. I was shocked since we are not a swing state. Maybe it is another sign that pollsters think Texas is  changing!

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/14/1582602/-TEXAS-Y-ALL-Hillary-Can-Really-Win-It#comment_63884008

Not sure if this is a Texas-only poll-- I suppose it could be national.
rafta_rafta

« Reply #635 on: October 15, 2016, 12:08:06 AM »

From comments over at Daily Kos:

kownby Oct 14 · 03:58:03 PM
Live in Harris County (Houston). About an hour ago, my husband received a phone call. It was Monmouth University polling institute asking him to take their presidential poll. I was shocked since we are not a swing state. Maybe it is another sign that pollsters think Texas is  changing!

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/10/14/1582602/-TEXAS-Y-ALL-Hillary-Can-Really-Win-It#comment_63884008

Not sure if this is a Texas-only poll-- I suppose it could be national.

Few days back, Monmouth said they are polling red states
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #636 on: October 15, 2016, 12:09:37 AM »

I'd be interested in seeing a Monmouth TX poll, but an AZ or GA poll would be even better.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #637 on: October 15, 2016, 12:12:09 AM »

a legit Arizona poll would be out of this world.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #638 on: October 15, 2016, 12:13:27 AM »

a legit Arizona poll would be out of this world.

What do you have against Data Orbital? Tongue
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #639 on: October 15, 2016, 08:07:24 AM »

CBS/YouGov has two state polls coming out tomorrow, from Nevada and Utah. I'll guess:

NV: Clinton +4 , Cortez-Masto +2
UT: Trump 31 - Clinton 27 - McMuffin 24
amdcpus
« Reply #640 on: October 15, 2016, 09:09:23 AM »

CBS/YouGov has two state polls coming out tomorrow, from Nevada and Utah. I'll guess:

I doubt McMullin will be that high. They don't include third party candidates in either the question or answer. You have to select "someone else" and type their name in.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #641 on: October 15, 2016, 11:48:41 AM »

I doubt McMullin will be that high. They don't include third party candidates in either the question or answer. You have to select "someone else" and type their name in.

Why would they even be polling Utah, though unless they were going to check out the most interesting aspect of the race?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #642 on: October 15, 2016, 01:15:32 PM »

A new Monmouth national poll will be released on Monday.

I'll guess Clinton +8.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #643 on: October 15, 2016, 03:24:20 PM »

Following amdcpus's lead, I currently have a one-question Google Consumer Survey South Dakota out in the field.  

The question I asked was: If the presidential election were held today, who would you vote for?
The choices are: (randomized) Donald Trump of the Republican Party, Hillary Clinton of the Democratic Party, Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party, Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party and "I am not registered to vote in South Dakota" (always last).  According to Balletopedia, those are the only 4 candidates actually on the ballot in SD.  Stein didn't make the cut.  

I added the not registered to vote option to make it more like a RV poll (of course, it's technically not, and it's impossible to ferret out RV/LV when you only get one question) and to try to weed out non-South Dakotans with a South Dakota IP address.  I didn't include Undecided because, as I understand it, those who are can skip the question in GCS, anyway.

I have to figure out how to weigh the sample by age.  Google weighs by age of the Internet population, which skews younger than RVs.  There was no 2012 exit poll for SD, so I have to use something else (probably Census estimates of 2012 turnout or RVs).  Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #644 on: October 15, 2016, 03:28:32 PM »

C +12
amdcpus
« Reply #645 on: October 15, 2016, 03:29:58 PM »

Following amdcpus's lead, I currently have a one-question Google Consumer Survey South Dakota out in the field.  

The question I asked was: If the presidential election were held today, who would you vote for?
The choices are: (randomized) Donald Trump of the Republican Party, Hillary Clinton of the Democratic Party, Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party, Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party and "I am not registered to vote in South Dakota" (always last).  According to Balletopedia, those are the only 4 candidates actually on the ballot in SD.  Stein didn't make the cut.  

I added the not registered to vote option to make it more like a RV poll (of course, it's technically not, and it's impossible to ferret out RV/LV when you only get one question) and to try to weed out non-South Dakotans with a South Dakota IP address.  I didn't include Undecided because, as I understand it, those who are can skip the question in GCS, anyway.

I have to figure out how to weigh the sample by age.  Google weighs by age of the Internet population, which skews younger than RVs.  There was no 2012 exit poll for SD, so I have to use something else (probably Census estimates of 2012 turnout or RVs).  Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

I have an excel sheet I made to weight the numbers and a turnout by age doc I can give you.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #646 on: October 15, 2016, 03:31:26 PM »

That's actually pretty cool. How much did that cost you?

I have an excel sheet I made to weight the numbers and a turnout by age doc I can give you.

Do you work for a polling firm or something? You don't have to say which, but I'm curious.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #647 on: October 15, 2016, 03:42:48 PM »

$75 for 500 respondents.  (i.e. 15 cents per respondent)  The number of pseudo "registered" voters in the poll will be less than that because I'll have to back out the self-reported not SD registereds.

Is it the same one you posted in the Utah poll thread?  What benchmark did you use?  Do you have something SD-specific?  

I am leaning toward weighting according to the number of 2012 RV in each age class, as reported by the U.S. Census Bureau.
amdcpus
« Reply #648 on: October 15, 2016, 05:16:09 PM »

$75 for 500 respondents.  (i.e. 15 cents per respondent)  The number of pseudo "registered" voters in the poll will be less than that because I'll have to back out the self-reported not SD registereds.

Is it the same one you posted in the Utah poll thread?  What benchmark did you use?  Do you have something SD-specific?  

I am leaning toward weighting according to the number of 2012 RV in each age class, as reported by the U.S. Census Bureau.

I'll post a link to it later, but it does have the data for SD as well.
amdcpus
« Reply #649 on: October 15, 2016, 05:16:37 PM »

Do you work for a polling firm or something? You don't have to say which, but I'm curious.

Nope, just enjoy math.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 54  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies