Lincoln Assembly Legislation Introduction Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:22:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Lincoln Assembly Legislation Introduction Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: Lincoln Assembly Legislation Introduction Thread  (Read 24053 times)
Peanut
Costa Rica

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #225 on: December 08, 2018, 10:00:05 PM »
« edited: December 09, 2018, 02:12:55 PM by Lincoln Assemblyman Peanut »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #226 on: December 10, 2018, 12:30:26 AM »

[/quote]
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #227 on: December 12, 2018, 07:05:45 AM »

Lincoln Assembly Act

Lincoln Anti-Lobbying Act

I - Definition: This bill is written as to prevent regional legislators and officials from being influenced by or going into the business of lobbying. This will have no affect on nationally elected politicians.

II - Transparency: All meetings with lobbyists must be recorded by the assembly and will take place in an open area under supervision of multiple lawyers to prevent possible corruption. These lawyers must be independent and provided by an outside source.

III - Restrictions on meeting with lobbyists in office: Elected or appointed officials, including Governor, Cabinet Officials, and Assembly members must be approved by an independent commission to meet with lobbyists.

IV- Citizen’s clause: There will be no restriction on meetings with people not associated with a lobbying firm.
This needs a sponsor, as well as some revision, so I hope this assembly will be able to amend this.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #228 on: December 13, 2018, 08:00:56 PM »

Lincoln Assembly Act

I - Definition: This bill is written as to prevent regional legislators and officials from being influenced by or going into the business of lobbying. This will have no affect on nationally elected politicians.

II - Transparency: All meetings with lobbyists must be recorded by the assembly and will take place in an open area under supervision of multiple lawyers to prevent possible corruption. These lawyers must be independent and provided by an outside source.

III - Restrictions on meeting with lobbyists in office: Elected or appointed officials, including Governor, Cabinet Officials, and Assembly members must be approved by an independent commission to meet with lobbyists.

IV- Citizen’s clause: There will be no restriction on meetings with people not associated with a lobbying firm.

I sponsor this in order to get it into the floor, but I do want to amend some parts.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #229 on: December 13, 2018, 09:08:08 PM »

Lincoln Assembly Act

I sponsor this in order to get it into the floor, but I do want to amend some parts.
The governor is able to sponsor legislation.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2018, 10:15:33 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2018, 10:18:48 PM by Lincoln Assemblyman Peanut »

Lincoln Assembly Act

He asked someone to sponsor it, that's why I did. If it was a rule slip, I apologize!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2018, 10:30:29 PM »

Lincoln Assembly Act

He asked someone to sponsor it, that's why I did. If it was a rule slip, I apologize!

I'll put it down as the Governor who sponsored it, as he introduced it into the thread, but you could be added as a cosponsor if you like (you'd just need to ask him). Tongue
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2018, 10:32:49 PM »

Lincoln Assembly Act

I'll put it down as the Governor who sponsored it, as he introduced it into the thread, but you could be added as a cosponsor if you like (you'd just need to ask him). Tongue

No, that's fine. Thanks. I just misunderstood the sponsoring rules.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2018, 10:35:39 PM »

ajwiopjawefoiwefnwn
JaydonBrooks
Rookie
United States
« Reply #234 on: December 20, 2018, 06:11:42 PM »

The Healthy Schools Act

Section I.In order to establish the health and well-being of Lincoln's youth in the schools managed by the government, to produce and foster healthy eating and proper exercise routines among Lincoln's youth, the following provisions shall be adopted:

1. The food offered at lunch in any way by the school to the Lincoln student in the normal activities of the school year shall not contain more than 850 (eight-hundred fifty) calories and no less than 700 (seven-hundred) of these per serving.

2. Schools are to balance the nutrients they have available at the cafeteria, limiting the students' carbohydrate intake in favor of healthier foods (such as fruits or vegetables,) while still being in consideration of the developing child or teenager's nutritional necessities.

3. Every school is to offer to a totality of its student population a minimum of one hour and thirty minutes of exercise per school week to be covered in a Physical Education curriculum.

4. An outreach campaign shall be commissioned, managed by the Lincoln Department of Health and Human Services in conjunction with the Lincoln Department of Education, with the goal reaching the students of the region (using whichever methods they may consider, such as videos, promotional campaigns, or presentations to the students) and communicate to them the importance of a healthy diet and exercise, as well as providing regular basic checkups (covering issues such as weight, height, or blood pressure) by any school nurse which might be on duty.

Section II. This bill goes into effect upon signing by the Governor

Seconded, although I´m concerned about the consequences of this bill and would like to see modifications.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #235 on: December 20, 2018, 09:06:25 PM »

The Healthy Schools Act

Section I.In order to establish the health and well-being of Lincoln's youth in the schools managed by the government, to produce and foster healthy eating and proper exercise routines among Lincoln's youth, the following provisions shall be adopted:

1. The food offered at lunch in any way by the school to the Lincoln student in the normal activities of the school year shall not contain more than 850 (eight-hundred fifty) calories and no less than 700 (seven-hundred) of these per serving.

2. Schools are to balance the nutrients they have available at the cafeteria, limiting the students' carbohydrate intake in favor of healthier foods (such as fruits or vegetables,) while still being in consideration of the developing child or teenager's nutritional necessities.

3. Every school is to offer to a totality of its student population a minimum of one hour and thirty minutes of exercise per school week to be covered in a Physical Education curriculum.

4. An outreach campaign shall be commissioned, managed by the Lincoln Department of Health and Human Services in conjunction with the Lincoln Department of Education, with the goal reaching the students of the region (using whichever methods they may consider, such as videos, promotional campaigns, or presentations to the students) and communicate to them the importance of a healthy diet and exercise, as well as providing regular basic checkups (covering issues such as weight, height, or blood pressure) by any school nurse which might be on duty.

Seconded, although I´m concerned about the consequences of this bill and would like to see modifications.
We already passed a bill for this.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #236 on: December 20, 2018, 09:15:37 PM »

The Healthy Schools Act

Oh, ok. I would then withdraw the parts of this bill that are in conflict with L.10.7.4  (namely points 2 and maybe 1) but I rather believe points 3 and 4 are not in conflict with the previous bill, and would instead complement and reinforce it.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #237 on: December 20, 2018, 11:19:55 PM »

The Healthy Schools Act

Oh, ok. I would then withdraw the parts of this bill that are in conflict with L.10.7.4  (namely points 2 and maybe 1) but I rather believe points 3 and 4 are not in conflict with the previous bill, and would instead complement and reinforce it.
Section 1 is not in conflict but still concerning.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #238 on: December 22, 2018, 01:51:36 AM »

Peanut, for the Healthy Schools Act do you want me to bring to the floor only sections 3 and 4 or also section 2?
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #239 on: December 22, 2018, 09:02:58 AM »

Peanut, for the Healthy Schools Act do you want me to bring to the floor only sections 3 and 4 or also section 2?

If possible, I'd like only sections 3 and 4 to be brought to to the floor. They are the least conflictive with the other bill. Thanks.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #240 on: December 23, 2018, 10:38:41 AM »
« Edited: December 23, 2018, 10:43:02 AM by Lincoln Dep. Speaker Peanut »

2. To prevent the unnecessary clutter and inactivity in debate and voting, the following Amendments shall be made to Section 3 of the SOAP.

Quote from: Restricted

3. Section 5 of the SOAP shall be Amended as follows:

Section II. These Amendments take effect upon passing the Assembly, pursuant to Section 7 of the SOAP.
[/quote]
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #241 on: December 23, 2018, 11:07:41 AM »

2. To prevent the unnecessary clutter and inactivity in debate and voting, the following Amendments shall be made to Section 3 of the SOAP.

3. Section 5 of the SOAP shall be Amended as follows:

Section II. These Amendments take effect upon passing the Assembly, pursuant to Section 7 of the SOAP.

[/quote]

Darn it, you beat me to it Tongue
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #242 on: December 24, 2018, 02:37:38 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2018, 02:49:59 PM by Lincoln Dep. Speaker Peanut »

ajwiopjawefoiwefnwn
JaydonBrooks
Rookie
United States
« Reply #243 on: December 24, 2018, 02:51:29 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2018, 02:57:02 PM by Lincoln Assemblyman JaydonBrooks »

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #244 on: December 24, 2018, 05:05:48 PM »

This is probably illegal under the dormant commerce clause, as this  discriminates against Atlasian goods from outside Lincoln.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #245 on: December 24, 2018, 05:30:00 PM »

This is probably illegal under the dormant commerce clause, as this  discriminates against Atlasian goods from outside Lincoln.

Cutting section 2, does it comply with regulations? If so, I would like to put sections 1 and 3 in the floor.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #246 on: December 24, 2018, 10:38:01 PM »

Cutting section 2, does it comply with regulations? If so, I would like to put sections 1 and 3 in the floor.

Sections 1 and 3 are lawful exercises of Regional power and do not discriminate against interstate commerce so those are fine. The Constitutional ban on discrimination against interstate commerce is obscure, even in real life. But basically just as you cant prohibit citizens of other Regions from freely traveling into Lincoln the same applies to goods in commerce.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #247 on: December 24, 2018, 11:17:02 PM »

Sections 1 and 3 are lawful exercises of Regional power and do not discriminate against interstate commerce so those are fine. The Constitutional ban on discrimination against interstate commerce is obscure, even in real life. But basically just as you cant prohibit citizens of other Regions from freely traveling into Lincoln the same applies to goods in commerce.

Yes, I understand. I'd like to bring sections 1 and 3 to the floor. Thanks!
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #248 on: December 28, 2018, 06:23:16 PM »

[/quote]
[/quote]
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #249 on: December 29, 2018, 10:29:33 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies