Le Pen visiting the U.K... >:( (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:39:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Le Pen visiting the U.K... >:( (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Le Pen visiting the U.K... >:(  (Read 5664 times)
angus
Atlas Icon
« on: April 26, 2004, 02:39:26 PM »

Fortuyn was much sexier!

LePen is far more entertaining!

haven't decided which is more important in a leader  Sad
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 03:09:08 PM »

not sure either.  as I said, for entertainment value, I'd vote LePen.  might as well have something to laugh at (this is why folks like Kerry and Gore are doomed)  But Fortuyn had that soooo cool shaved head.  very macho, and very festive, all at the same time.  tough call.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 04:43:03 PM »

not sure either.  as I said, for entertainment value, I'd vote LePen.  might as well have something to laugh at (this is why folks like Kerry and Gore are doomed)  But Fortuyn had that soooo cool shaved head.  very macho, and very festive, all at the same time.  tough call.

If they were major candidates, andone of them had to serve, one of them was reasonable and the other not. Wink

the point was:  if you create a scenario based in fantasy, you should expect answers based in fantasy as well.

asking which, of two people who are explicitly unqualified (by law), would win, is a great rhetorical exercise because it allows one to answer with protestations veiled in sarcasm.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2004, 05:22:31 PM »

oh, then I share more of fortuyn's views.  (although I'm not a raging anti-muslim).  LePen is so much funnier to listen to, though.  Like listening to David Duke.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 06:09:37 PM »

some englishman tell me a little about the bnp, when you have the time.  I read a blurb in The Economist (well, why not?  after all, I'm a republican)  about them.  Seemed like an english version of Le Pen's organization.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 06:21:08 PM »

some englishman tell me a little about the bnp, when you have the time.  I read a blurb in The Economist (well, why not?  after all, I'm a republican)  about them.  Seemed like an english version of Le Pen's organization.

Basically, yes. The BNP are a neo-nazi party and a continuation of the National Front of the 1970s. Their leader Nick Griffin is a recknowned Holocaust denier. As far as their membership is concerned, think sh**tkicking skinheads wearing suits in a desperate attempt to look 'respectable'. Unfortunately some of their tactics appear to pay off in parts of the north of England, if recent polls are anything to go by. They're still widely regarded as the extremist fringe party that they are, but I'd be lying if I said they didn't worry me, bearing in mind that most Germans treated the Nazi party as a joke in the mid-1920s.

well, here's what struck me.  apparently one of their defining characteristics is an anti-foreigner outlook.  so, isn't it a little contradictory to glorify a frenchman?  why not villify the bastard (because he's a foreigner -- a french one at that!) in order to be consistent?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies