Speaker in 2017 if Dems pick up 15-20 seats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:06:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Speaker in 2017 if Dems pick up 15-20 seats
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Speaker in 2017 if Dems pick up 15-20 seats  (Read 2462 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 08:26:50 PM »

Ben Ray Lujan, Joaquin Castro, Kyrsten Sinema, Ron Kind, and maybe Sewell are the most likely to get promotions in my opinion.

If Lujan can help Democrats get a House Majority, he's definitely in line for a promotion. Ideally, I'd like to keep him around for 2018 to help protect as many seats as possible. I can't see most of your list making Leadership. Generally, you have to be in Congress for quite some time to be eligible for a leadership position.
Ron Kind seems likely for a promotion.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2016, 02:50:48 AM »

Ben Ray Lujan, Joaquin Castro, Kyrsten Sinema, Ron Kind, and maybe Sewell are the most likely to get promotions in my opinion.

If Lujan can help Democrats get a House Majority, he's definitely in line for a promotion. Ideally, I'd like to keep him around for 2018 to help protect as many seats as possible. I can't see most of your list making Leadership. Generally, you have to be in Congress for quite some time to be eligible for a leadership position.
Roy Blunt became the Majority Whip in six years. Dick Armey became Majority Leader in ten years. Steve Scalise became the Majority Whip in six years. Ryan became Speaker in sixteen years.

If one plays one's cards right with big connections, it's not that tough. Ben Ray Lujan and Joaquin Castro are big names. Joaquin's the twin of the HUD Secretary and essentially one of the top four or five Texas Democrats.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2016, 11:13:33 AM »

Ryan probably stays in, but he's gonna have to trade something to House Dems to keep him in.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies