New Hampshire 1988-1992 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:15:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  New Hampshire 1988-1992 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Hampshire 1988-1992  (Read 1765 times)
catographer
Megameow
United States
« on: August 22, 2016, 04:08:21 AM »

The whole Northeast swung dramatically to Clinton. It was because Clinton's 1992 coalition, mostly in tact as the new Democratic coalition of '08 and '12, encompassed suburban and college-educated whites in areas of the Northeast, Midwest and West coast that were Republican in the 70's and 80's.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 10:03:52 PM »

Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine all used to be reliably Republican, but that very quickly changed in the 90s.
ME-02 is returning to swing district status.... and that's it! I'd say the women in the state got REALLY angry after the 2002 and 2004 Senate elections, when two Democratic women lost to two Republican men. Then it really started to change.

It doesn't seem likely or logical to me that female voters in these states felt personally offended by electoral losses by female Democratic senators and thus are angry at the GOP because of it. Women support Democrats by larger margins than men in every state in the country; your explanation doesn't make sense.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies