Violent protests in Milwaukee after police shooting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 10:41:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Violent protests in Milwaukee after police shooting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Violent protests in Milwaukee after police shooting  (Read 1817 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2016, 11:43:21 AM »

Clarke has said liberals and Black Lies Matter are behind the riots.

Idiot is only going to make things worse.

Of course, but he doesn't care. The more things burn the more he can go on national TV and do his schtick for higher office while blaming "the left" for everything and having his hands tied.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2016, 04:57:48 PM »

Well I see Scott Walker is still terrible as usual. Someone throws a brick through the window of a Denny's, and he calls out the National Guard. Correct me if I'm wrong but they didn't even do that in Dallas last month when 5 officers were murdered! Great proportionate response Scott.

On a more serious note, since the man who was killed was armed, I doubt there will be any national outrage in this case.

Good thing though is that he only activated them if need and they would be called out by the MPD instead of the insane Clarke. In other good news they weren't needed. The other reason why they were called out was the "protesters" and an elected Alderman were basically threatening to burn condo towers on the east side.

The guy that was shot was involved in a shooting and then witness intimidation last year. While both BLMs (Black and Blue) both have good points they are led by some of most racist, idiotic people ever.

The BP that was burned had an owner/worker (can't remember which) allegedly shoot at a group of loitering black men that were supposedly armed last month and there were protests about boycotts about that. This is also happening in the heart of the ghetto so they're burning what little they have and likely making it harder for any type of jobs to get in to that area.

IIs Clarke really that bad, MJ? i know. He spoke in defense of Trump at the RNC, but when even another WI Republican thinks he's insane...Shocked

I've heard him referred as "the black Joe Arpiao". What's your take on him, MJ?

He's said BLM is supporting ISIS. Said there is no such thing as Racism. Told people to arm themselves because the policy won't be there in time. Wants to send the national guard in to the north side and basically shoot up the protesters.

The list goes on, guy is nuts and on a power trip. He had a guy arrested once for writing something in the newspaper that he thought was mean. Got removed from running the county jail system for incompetence. Has said the county executive hates him because he has a small penis.

Yeah, Clarke is nuts, is power hungry, wants some higher office. It was funny back in 2004 when he ran for mayor and got third place by quite a bit.

EDIT: If Clarke had his way he would send the national guard in and have them mow down all the protesters. He's made it clear he thinks BLM and protesters are terrorists and they should be shot.

Geez! That's in some ways even worse than Arpaio. How the hell does he stay elected in such an overwhelmingly Democratic county?

EDIT: Per Wiki he's still a registered Democrat despite speaking at the RNC, and the answer to my question is "just barely" by squeeking out wins of 54%, 53%, and 52% in his last three primaries. my guess is he either retires or is toast in 18.

Tbh he should run for President as a Republican in 2020, he could be a top contender if we're being real here.

i doubt that. Senator though..........?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2016, 06:03:29 PM »

It really helps your message when you're on the street looking for a white person to attack... This really needs to stop on both sides
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2016, 07:07:38 PM »

Apparently the new controversy is that CNN cut footage of the Milwaukee shooting victim's sister to imply she was calling for peace when in fact she was calling for burning down the suburbs. CNN's Ana Cabrera offered a correction, saying they unintentionally "shorthanded" the quote.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2016, 08:14:33 PM »

Yeah, BLM is such a self defeating movement.  Such a shame.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2016, 09:41:12 PM »

We need our weaves!...well, I don't.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2016, 10:05:21 PM »

David Clarke is definitely preferable to every potential non-Kasich 2020 candidate. He'd be an obvious frontrunner.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2016, 01:51:41 AM »

David Clarke is definitely preferable to every potential non-Kasich 2020 candidate. He'd be an obvious frontrunner.

Wait, to you personally? waht? Huh
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2016, 08:47:49 AM »

Wait, to you personally? waht? Huh

You know how much I like those law-and-order Pubbies. Really one of the few reasons for me to vote for one.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2016, 11:24:37 AM »

It really helps your message when you're on the street looking for a white person to attack... This really needs to stop on both sides

What is needed is moral clarity here.

There are police that overstep their bounds with the use of force.  And there are municipalities whose legal systems focus on funding their courts with fines and fees for trivial infractions that police rigorously enforce.  These are real issues, and need to be addressed.

It should be made clear, however, that the PRIMARY and MOST SEVERE threat to the lives of predominantly black folks in predominantly black neighborhoods in America's major cities does not come from the police.  The primary threat comes from the actions of remorseless criminals living in their midst that are violent, and heavily armed.  Many of these remorseless violent criminals are members of highly organized gangs and drug cartels, with structures, rules, and networks to other criminal organizations nationwide, and even trans-nationally.  It is not an exaggeration to compare these gang leaders to warlords one might see in other countries, claiming "turf" and using displays of brute force to coerce the folks in these neighborhoods who are not actively a part of this violent criminality into silence.

People like Van Jones (who I watched this week on CNN) make me puke.  When they act as if police are somehow equally culpable in this issue, they are willfully blind to blacks in their own community who are intimidated NOT by whites, but by folks in their own midst, and sometimes in their own families.  Parents who live in these neighborhoods who give half a crap are terrified over the almost inevitable fact their teenage children will travel down, due to the permeation of this problem down to the school levels.  People see violent crime, but are afraid to report it to the police, and it's not because they are afraid of the police, either.

This is the REAL threat to the lives of black folks in the inner cities.  There should be no wavering on this fact, and no pandering to BLM.  These folks are being intimidated, they live in fear to a point where they're used to it, but it is not the police that are causing that fear on the part of law-abiding citizens.  When we, as a nation, get real with this, the degree of control over the lives of ordinary folks that criminal gangs exert over citizens in many urban neighborhoods will reduce itself.  These criminal gangs are as much a threat to the lives of ordinary American citizens as Jihadist Terror Cells.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies