Trump campaign launches drive to recruit 'election observers'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 05:34:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump campaign launches drive to recruit 'election observers'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Trump campaign launches drive to recruit 'election observers'  (Read 2234 times)
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 13, 2016, 10:49:55 AM »

Trump: Help Me Stop Crooked Hillary From Rigging This Election!
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/lp/volunteer-to-be-a-trump-election-observer
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/donald-trump-election-observers-226981
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Legal?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 10:52:20 AM »

so now they're hiring goons to rough up Clinton supporters. the sad! desperation of this campaign is reaching new levels each day.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 10:58:50 AM »

Isn't this voter intimidation?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 11:00:53 AM »

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 11:03:31 AM »

In context, yes. He wants his supporters to stand in/outside polling places in Democratic areas to "keep an eye on things", which in this situation is surely going to boil down to harassing/intimidating voters in one way or another.

This is complete and utter bullsh**t, and reckless to boot. Now we have to send our own people where his goes just to make sure they don't get away with scumbag tactics.

This guy is f'ing terrible.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 11:16:20 AM »

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 11:58:50 AM »

It might be voter intimidation, but it may be valid. I don't know. People should not be voting 15 times a day. Voting needs to be truthful and fair. Period. Dead people should not be voting.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 12:03:56 PM »

I take it they will be primarily 'observing' black and Hispanic voters.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 12:04:40 PM »

It might be voter intimidation, but it may be valid. I don't know. People should not be voting 15 times a day. Voting needs to be truthful and fair. Period. Dead people should not be voting.

try again
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 12:05:35 PM »

People shouldn't do those things. Good thing they don't, then. The idea that voter fraud happens almost at all is a complete falsehood.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2016, 12:07:26 PM »

try again

Voter fraud does exist. It may be rare, but it exists. I've heard stories of dead people voting. It was on the news. You still shouldn't vote 15 times. Come on, bro.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 12:09:50 PM »

try again

Voter fraud does exist. It may be rare, but it exists. I've heard stories of dead people voting. It was on the news. You still shouldn't vote 15 times. Come on, bro.
Should you chop off your balls to prevent the rare occurrence that a condom, IUD, or a vasectomy fail?

No. This is a huge overreaction to something so rare. May as well ban kids from swimming in fresh water because of brain eating amoeba's.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2016, 12:09:58 PM »

try again

Keep saying sourceless and false (as well as segregationist) things over and over....one day they might be true, who knows!
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2016, 12:10:04 PM »

Consider the fact that in a lot of large cities, the lines to vote are often hours long, especially in what are usually under-staffed heavily-minority precincts. There were lines in Ohio and Virginia in 2012 that were six hours long, if I remember correctly. There isn't anyone voting 15 times when the lines are that long. There isn't even anyone voting twice when the lines are that long. Voting multiple times is not a thing that happens. It is a hoax perpetuated by right-wing pundits to keep conservatives riled up.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2016, 12:10:23 PM »

People should not be voting 15 times a day.

That doesn't happen, though. In-person voter fraud (what you are referring to) is by far the most inefficient way to steal an election, and it's harder to commit this kind of fraud than it seems. You actually need to be registered, you can't keep going back to the same polls, and post-election audits would reveal malfeasance if the state has no system to verify whether a registrant has voted or not, which itself would prevent double-voting.

This isn't the 60s. Dead people aren't voting by the tens of thousands and stealing elections. It may happen on a much smaller scale in some races, but again, this is not hard to catch after the fact (or even beforehand, at that). There are ways to prevent this from ever happening without voter ID laws as well.

Trump is just whining about fraud because he knows he is going to lose. Republicans know there is little fraud going on, but they cry about it non-stop so they can justify voter suppression. The only people who are having an illegitimate effect on elections right now are Republicans with their voter suppression laws, which are disenfranchising far more people than those even trying to commit voter fraud.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2016, 12:14:31 PM »

try again

Keep saying sourceless and false (as well as segregationist) things over and over....one day they might be true, who knows!

Dude, haven't you heard of ACORN? Come on, man, why can't you accept the fact the voter fraud exists? Yes, it's rare, but it exists. That's why the term exists.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 12:17:46 PM »

try again

Dude, haven't you heard of ACORN? Come on, man, why can't you accept the fact the voter fraud exists? Yes, it's rare, but it exists. That's why the term exists.
Initiate the castration, the risk of pregnancy with an IUD and a vasectomy is too high.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 12:17:59 PM »

Literally brownshirts. This man is attempting to undermine our democracy.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2016, 12:18:52 PM »

I don't think we are a democracy. We are a republic.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2016, 12:22:59 PM »

try again

Oh not this s**t again. ACORN had a handful of people who were doing voter registration fraud where they were filling out false voter registrations in order to meet the quotas that had been set by their supervisors at the organization. That is entirely different from actual election fraud. It had no impact on the actual vote totals on election day. No one was showing up and voting claiming that they were Mickey Mouse.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 12:23:19 PM »

Obfuscation like a first class Trumpeter.

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 12:23:50 PM »

This isn't funny anymore. Trump is dangerous, and we have to stop him. If the Republican Party has any shred of integrity left, they'll reject him, or publicly call him out for his shenanigans in no uncertain terms.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2016, 12:28:18 PM »

try again

At least some trolls are fun to box with. With you, I'll just refer you to Maxwell's graph and get on with my day.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2016, 12:28:47 PM »

Obfuscation like a first class Trumpeter.

Bro, I'm undecided. I'm not a Trumpster. I'm just pointing out, that we are a constitutional republic.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2016, 12:30:34 PM »

try again

At least some trolls are fun to box with. With you, I'll just refer you to Maxwell's graph and get on with my day.

Come on man.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies