SC-PPP: Trump +2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:37:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  SC-PPP: Trump +2 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC-PPP: Trump +2  (Read 12976 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: August 11, 2016, 05:45:40 PM »

This is crazy, especially when you consider PPP has been rather Trump friendly.

Yeah, NC only being 3 points to the left of SC? Not buying it. One or both of these are wrong.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 05:48:17 PM »

Sponsored by the SC Dem. Party ?

Probably means Trump leads by 7 ...

Didn't you just post a poll sponsored by Breitbart? Pretty sure the SCDP is more credible of a sponsor.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 10:12:09 PM »

I'm not sure why so many people are having a hard time believing this, considering other recent and relevant polls released. For the past three election cycles, Democrats' share of the vote in SC has been more or less within 1.5 points of their share in GA. While I think that gap will likely continue to widen over the next decade - largely because the out-of-state growth into SC is not as favorable to Dems as it is in NC or GA - it likely wouldn't completely detach the state from this trend in 2016.

I'm not confident Clinton can win SC - in fact, I think a GA win at best will be via plurality and by a very small margin - but this isn't as ridiculous as some are trying to portray, especially with the number of undecideds.

This is crazy, especially when you consider PPP has been rather Trump friendly.

Yeah, NC only being 3 points to the left of SC? Not buying it. One or both of these are wrong.

Why not? SC's Democratic share of the vote was 2 points behind NC in 2004, 5 points in 2008 & a little over 4 points in 2012. Furthermore, I'd argue that SC has a bit more room to grow than NC if only due to the fact that NC's persuadable voters have been mined to hell and back over the past 2 cycles; Democrats have likely flipped anybody they could flip in NC in 2008/2012, but SC has been largely ignored. Because of that, I'd be willing to bet there are more persuadable voters remaining (as a share of the population) in SC who could flip organically in this election than in NC.

I was referring to the margins. NC was 10 points to the left of SC in 2008 and 8 points to the left of it in 2012. I don't see why that gap would dramatically shrink. You make a fair point about persuadable voters, but it's not as if Hillary's team has been making any effort at all to mine any votes in SC.

Anyway, the Marist poll from today seems to confirm that it's more likely PPP's NC poll was the outlier as opposed to this one.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 10:12:47 PM »

The exact same state that voted for Romney handily will no longer be viewed as a Southern oasis of White trash and bigotry, OH NO: Atlas will now view SC as a cool coastal state with neat cities and nice beaches!!  Because you aren't a cool place unless you vote Democrat!

Well then, wouldn't the obvious solution be for all states to vote Democrat? Wink

Well, except West Virginia. They'd be fooling nobody if they tried that to fit in.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 09:53:07 PM »

These blue avatars are going off the deep end and it's only August. B-E-A-UTIFUL Cheesy

Not too much more so than the red avatars of worshipping Hillary Clinton cultists who freaked out this year over the actual progressive in the primaries, Bernie Sanders. But, hey, isn’t it wonderful to see these neocon, Republican-to-Democratic crossovers who are telling us they are “with Her”?

You're still salty? It's time to MoveOn.org.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies