CNN: Newly released Clinton emails show favors for Foundation donors.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:38:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CNN: Newly released Clinton emails show favors for Foundation donors.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: CNN: Newly released Clinton emails show favors for Foundation donors.  (Read 3724 times)
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2016, 10:59:25 AM »

I don't understand, why are people deflecting and avoiding this? These emails are very minor and don't show anything besides minor quid pro quo, practiced in every democracy since the Athenians, and by every party.
Quid pro quo is appointing a big donor Ambassador to Norway, not taking bribes through a front Foundation in exchange for influence.
Isn't a donation sufficient to make you an ambassador a bribe by your definition? Both result in the same end goal.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2016, 11:02:57 AM »

Can we start a "BUT HILLARY!!!!11!!!!!" megathread?
So do you have an actual defense or are you just going to subsist on snark and more conspiracy theories about Putin?

I pedal conspiracy theories about Putin? lol, okay... what do these emails do other than merely "raise questions?" If it's a case of quid pro quo (not clear from the emails,) that's not great, but does it disqualify someone from the presidency? Not many people are arguing that these damn emails are great for Hillary, but they're not more than a minor concern that are used as an excuse to disqualify her by her detractors.
It raises serious allegations about bribery and obstruction of justice. This is why Donald Trump is polling as the more trustworthy candidate. This isn't just a fetish of Republicans, and you know it.

I don't understand, why are people deflecting and avoiding this? These emails are very minor and don't show anything besides minor quid pro quo, practiced in every democracy since the Athenians, and by every party.
Quid pro quo is appointing a big donor Ambassador to Norway, not taking bribes through a front Foundation in exchange for influence.
Isn't a donation sufficient to make you an ambassador a bribe by your definition? Both result in the same end goal.
Yes, but the Ambassador to Norway is a patronage appointment with little pull. The career diplomats in the embassy handle the relations, the Ambassador just gets his picture taken with the King and goes to the Opera. Is it bribery? Yes. But is also a tradition dating back to the Athenian era.

This, on the other hand, is much, much larger. Too large to ignore, and too deep in depth.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2016, 11:05:32 AM »

Chairman, there's a reason this isn't going to be in the news tomorrow and it isn't because of the corrupt media.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2016, 11:08:11 AM »

So do you have an actual defense or are you just going to subsist on snark and more conspiracy theories about Putin?

I pedal conspiracy theories about Putin? lol, okay... what do these emails do other than merely "raise questions?" If it's a case of quid pro quo (not clear from the emails,) that's not great, but does it disqualify someone from the presidency? Not many people are arguing that these damn emails are great for Hillary, but they're not more than a minor concern that are used as an excuse to disqualify her by her detractors.
It raises serious allegations about bribery and obstruction of justice. This is why Donald Trump is polling as the more trustworthy candidate. This isn't just a fetish of Republicans, and you know it.

Yes, but the Ambassador to Norway is a patronage appointment with little pull. The career diplomats in the embassy handle the relations, the Ambassador just gets his picture taken with the King and goes to the Opera. Is it bribery? Yes. But is also a tradition dating back to the Athenian era.

This, on the other hand, is much, much larger. Too large to ignore, and too deep in depth.
We've got a billionaire Lebanese national who had a conversation with a single State Department official. The little influence that has over policy towards Lebanon is hardly consistent with a major crime.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2016, 11:10:47 AM »

Chairman, there's a reason this isn't going to be in the news tomorrow and it isn't because of the corrupt media.
Really? I'm seeing it on the CNN ticker as I type this and I suspect by the evening it will on the air. Will you address the allegations though or continue to deny the allegations that are in your face?
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2016, 11:11:16 AM »

Lol, Trump supporters are so desperate.

There is nothing new or damning here, if it was this would be among the top 5 stories on CNN.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2016, 11:12:40 AM »

Really? I'm seeing it on the CNN ticker as I type this and I suspect by the evening it will on the air. Will you address the allegations though or continue to deny the allegations that are in your face?

I said tomorrow, didn't I. 
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2016, 11:13:30 AM »

If someone didn't know this kind of thing existed, then that's consistent with the kind of person who believes in the tooth fairy.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2016, 11:14:23 AM »

An indictment is coming any minute now. Wait for it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2016, 11:15:07 AM »

Yet you still have not bothered to read the articles or explain why this won't be on the news.

There is nothing new or damning here, if it was this would be among the top 5 stories on CNN.
Yeah, news networks that have reportedly pounded a candidate unfairly for weeks on events that literally didn't happen like the so called "threat" yesterday are totally going to put a lot of energy taking on someone who is a threat to their owners. Sure.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2016, 11:16:34 AM »

Yet you still have not bothered to read the articles or explain why this won't be on the news.

Yeah, news networks that have reportedly pounded a candidate unfairly for weeks on events that literally didn't happen like the so called "threat" yesterday are totally going to put a lot of energy taking on someone who is a threat to their owners. Sure.

I did read the articles, I question if you actually read the articles.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2016, 11:17:29 AM »

I did read the articles, I question if you actually read the articles.
No, I just pulled those direct quotes from the New York Times out of my ass Roll Eyes
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2016, 11:20:12 AM »

And here comes the CNN report right now! I thought the media didn't care because it was a non-story?
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2016, 11:20:38 AM »

Judicial Watch is not a legit organization, so anything they bring up is questionable to say the least
Typical Democrat. Blame the messenger instead of the message.

Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows that this Clinton Foundation/Clinton Speeches/Secretary of State scam that Bill and Hill were running stinks to high heaven.  It's well documented.

As I have stated earlier, if Hillary wins, this stuff will get her impeached. It's really that obvious of a quid pro quo and that bad.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2016, 11:21:42 AM »

Oh please.

Hillary took her fair share of of hits when the FBI ruling came out. The reason why no one is up and arms about this is because it is not all that important or damaging in the grand scheme of things. This is the problem that the right has since they live in a bubble, they blow up every little story and then are surprised when the rest of the country doesn't care.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2016, 11:23:16 AM »

Number of people who care...

Tick tock tick tock tick tock...

ZERO!!!

Bernie was right when he said we were sick and tired of hearing about the damn e-mails.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2016, 11:23:47 AM »

And here comes the CNN report right now! I thought the media didn't care because it was a non-story?

Nobody has said CNN wasn't covering this, I said CNN won't be covering this tomorrow. I don't know if your actually this desperate or just trolling us like the first day of the DNC.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2016, 11:25:04 AM »

Oh please.

Hillary took her fair share of of hits when the FBI ruling came out. The reason why no one is up and arms about this is because it is not all that important or damaging in the grand scheme of things. This is the problem that the right has since they live in a bubble, they blow up every little story and then are surprised when the rest of the country doesn't care.
Your starting to malfunction worse than the Marcobot in the debates. How many times are you going to repeat that "nobody cares" when Hillary Clinton's rating of trust is lower than Donald Trump? Donald. freaking. Trump.

Also, she hid 44 of these emails from the FBI. I thought she gave all of her personal emails?

Number of people who care...

Tick tock tick tock tick tock...

ZERO!!!

Bernie was right when he said we were sick and tired of hearing about the damn e-mails.
Then how come literally no one trusts her?

Nobody has said CNN wasn't covering this, I said CNN won't be covering this tomorrow. I don't know if your actually this desperate or just trolling us like the first day of the DNC.
Your the one who literally just keeps insisting there is no story without offering reasons as to why? That sounds desperate to me.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2016, 11:28:50 AM »

Judicial Watch used FOIA and released what they got to the media. They didn't make these emails up. Of course they had an agenda. That is why the sought these emails. Are you really this dense?

He never mentioned shooting her, either. Quit projecting.

Careful with the personal attacks, you don't want another removed post. There is nothing new or damning here. You are just trying to cover up for Trump calling for Clinton to be murdered. That's what he meant and everyone knows it. It's sick that anyone would agree with that or cover up for it.
I'm glad to see the PC police is on patrol today, silencing others.

Mr. Chairman keep on exposing the Crooked Clintons for the terrible human beings they are.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2016, 11:29:26 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

People don't really care, if they did Hillary wouldn't be up 9-10 points nationally and winning the majority of the swing states.

Nice try, but this one is a dud.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2016, 11:31:53 AM »

I'm looking through these emails and while they do reference Clinton Foundation donors for speeches and as contacts, there's not much beyond minor quid pro quo if you'd call it that.
What's a little minor quid pro quo amongst Clintonistas?  I'm pretty sure major or minor, it's still called corruption and is illegal.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2016, 11:33:17 AM »

People don't really care, if they did Hillary wouldn't be up 9-10 points nationally and winning the majority of the swing states.

She's up because Trump's mouth opens. How come he is more trustworthy than Clinton according to the polls? I thought people didn't care?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2016, 11:34:09 AM »

I'm looking through these emails and while they do reference Clinton Foundation donors for speeches and as contacts, there's not much beyond minor quid pro quo if you'd call it that.
What's a little minor quid pro quo amongst Clintonistas?  I'm pretty sure major or minor, it's still called corruption and is illegal.
Really? Let's arrest everyone in every single administration, for a start.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2016, 11:34:43 AM »

She's up because Trump's mouth opens. How come he is more trustworthy than Clinton according to the polls? I thought people didn't care?
No, she is more trustworthy than that ass wipe is. 
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2016, 11:35:17 AM »

Judicial Watch used FOIA and released what they got to the media. They didn't make these emails up. Of course they had an agenda. That is why the sought these emails. Are you really this dense?

He never mentioned shooting her, either. Quit projecting.

Careful with the personal attacks, you don't want another removed post. There is nothing new or damning here. You are just trying to cover up for Trump calling for Clinton to be murdered. That's what he meant and everyone knows it. It's sick that anyone would agree with that or cover up for it.
I'm glad to see the PC police is on patrol today, silencing others.

Mr. Chairman keep on exposing the Crooked Clintons for the terrible human beings they are.

No one is silencing anyone. The same old people are just getting called out for making something out of nothing. Trump screwed up and now you are trying to get him out of it by bringing up the emails again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies