Vermont Primary Poll-Phil Scott +45, Sue Minter +5 (June 26-29) EIG
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:43:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  Vermont Primary Poll-Phil Scott +45, Sue Minter +5 (June 26-29) EIG
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vermont Primary Poll-Phil Scott +45, Sue Minter +5 (June 26-29) EIG  (Read 1523 times)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 08, 2016, 11:51:21 PM »
« edited: July 08, 2016, 11:56:48 PM by Fmr. RG 1184AZ »

GOP Primary
Phil Scott 68%
Bruce Lisman 23%
Other 9%

Democratic Primary
Sue Minter 36%
Matt Dunne 31%
Peter Galbraith 8%
Other 25%

Poll Conducted by Energy Independent Vermont June 26-29
Link: http://www.energyindependentvt.org/poll-vermonters-support-action-to-address-global-warming/
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 12:33:18 AM »
« Edited: July 09, 2016, 01:06:49 AM by smoltchanov »

IMHO - more or less expected. Scott is much more well known and popular, but more conservative Lisman will get "solid conservatives", which exist even in Vermont. And he is advertising on TV. Galbraith was always relatively unpopular because of his style ("Alan Grayson of Vermont"), and Minter and Dunne are not too different politically - two "solid progressives"....
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 12:41:18 AM »

No general election poll?
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 12:57:00 AM »

None that I could see, I guess they are waiting for the primary results before doing a GE poll.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 01:54:23 PM »

Looks like Republicans will get their wish with Scott. I guess we'll see if split-ticketing can still be as strong this year as it was in 2008.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 01:56:15 PM »

Looks like Republicans will get their wish with Scott. I guess we'll see if split-ticketing can still be as strong this year as it was in 2008.

I'd rate both VT and WV Tossup. Gubernatorial elections are really not that partisan.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2016, 02:03:33 PM »

I'd rate both VT and WV Tossup. Gubernatorial elections are really not that partisan.

They're more partisan than they used to be. I certainly wouldn't rate WV a toss-up.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 02:08:51 PM »

They're more partisan than they used to be. I certainly wouldn't rate WV a toss-up.
Jim Justice could certainly win... He was the best Ds could offer.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 04:13:52 PM »

Jim Justice could certainly winkeep his loss to single digits... He was the best Ds could offer.

Fixed. Smiley
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 12:45:42 AM »

Jim Justice could certainly winkeep his loss to single digits... He was the best Ds could offer.

Fixed. Smiley

Is it a good practice to "fix" other person messages? I seriously doubt...
hopper
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2016, 12:52:14 AM »

You think Scott could win with Trump at the top of the ticket? I give Scott a 35% of winning the Governors Race.

smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 01:01:32 AM »
« Edited: July 10, 2016, 01:12:09 AM by smoltchanov »

You think Scott could win with Trump at the top of the ticket? I give Scott a 35% of winning the Governors Race.

And i give 50% He is absolutely anti-Trump, absolutely moderate (by present day standards - even liberal for Republican), and will get a TON of crossover support. Whether that will be enough - another matter, but i consider his chances to be as good as of (still undetermined) Democratic nominee.. Even more so because i am not too impressed by ALL 3 Democratic candidates..
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2016, 09:49:24 AM »

Douglas won easily in 2008, as well as 2004, both times the Democrat easily carried Vermont.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2016, 06:35:55 PM »

The calm NH men vote is split between Dunne, Galbraith, and two other men, not to mention Scott and Lisman for the Republicans alongside Bill Lee for the Liberty Union Party. Minter would get crushed by at least ten points because of the calm NH "independent" men.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2016, 03:31:33 AM »

Hopefully Dunne wins the Democratic Primary.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies