Parliamentary America - The Game (TURN 13)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 07:30:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Parliamentary America - The Game (TURN 13)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24
Author Topic: Parliamentary America - The Game (TURN 13)  (Read 51374 times)
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 14, 2016, 11:27:20 AM »

Elizabeth Warren for Progressive Leadership (Turn 2)
Part 2 - Schedule

January 20th
- campaign event in Emmetsburg, IA
Elizabeth Warren meets with young people, discussing how to make it easier for young people to get involved in politics.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
- campaign event in Nevada, IA
fishbowl conversion.
- fundraiser-BBQ in Des Moines, IA
- debate preparation

January 21st
- rally in Des Moines, IA
- telephone conference with regional campaign senior staffes, discussing national stratgy
- telephine conference with social-media headquarter
The Warren campaign focuses a lot of attention to the social media strategy, posting sharepics, videos and facebook/twitter updates.
- pre-debate live Q&A on Facebook
- participate in debate in Des Moines, IA
The Warren campaign is commenting the debate simultaneously on her Facebook and twitter account.

January 22nd
- release new tv-advertisement
- appearance at CNN
- flight to Reno, NV

January 23rd
- rally in Reno, NV
- campaign event in Carson City, NV
- fundraising dinner in Carson City, NV

January 24th
- campaign event in Gardnerville, NV
- discuss campaign strategy with regional senior staffers during the flight to Colorado
- rally in Colorado Springs, CO
- live Facebook Q&A

January 25th
- meeting LGBT-group in Aurora, CO
-rally in Aurora, CO
-radio interview in Denver, CO
-rally in Denver, CO

January 26th
- rally in Denver, CO
- flight to Lincoln, NE, discussing campaign strategy in Iowa with Iowa senior staffers
- rally in Lincoln, NE
- interview with CNN
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #151 on: August 14, 2016, 04:56:41 PM »

Jacksonian leader Joe Manchin of West Virginia, enjoying a gun range with voters in Iowa

Debate Answers

1. The most important trait of the Jacksonian party is in our ability to persevere no matter the odds that are being stacked against us. We are the party of the working class and middle America. But middle America is changing and adapting, and we must do our part to change and adapt with them. We have to expand the electorate by appealing to all Americans and not just our base demographics. I'm a rural man, born and bred, but I see it as necessary that we include elements in our platform that will protect the rights of the working and downtrodden in urban areas. We have to expand the powers and rights of unions, women, and minorities. Until then, and only then can we say that we are truly doing all we can for all of America.

2. The issues that I will focus most on are the issues I've always focused on. I believe that a nation should always be judged by how it treats its worst off citizens. And we must constantly work towards a nation in which our citizens are adequately cared for by their government. We need to ensure the expanded rights of the working man, by having an open dialogue with union leaders so that we can do what is best for the American worker.

Beyond this we must combat whatever ails all of our most vulnerable citizens through a series of expanded government programs that will give each and every one of our citizens an education, a means to work, and a means to live. We need single-payer healthcare, we need expanded welfare programs, and we need an educational system that will ensure a prosperous future for America.

In addition, we need a leader who will be constantly fighting for the interests of the American people on a global scale. We need trade deals that benefit the workers of our nation, and not a handful of multinational corporations and international trade organizations. As Prime Minister I will put America first. We need to reevaluate our relationships with many nations who continue to commit such heinous acts with America ignorance or even backing. As long as there is a child in this nation who goes hungry for a night, not a cent will go to overseas dictators.

3. It is my firm belief that a party will grow bloated, stagnant and unfocused without constant, and healthy dialogue. I believe that we need each election to be carefully debated and contested so that we can continue to produce the best results possible for the American people.

Schedule

January 20th

-Campaign Event in Sioux City, Iowa
Gun range with members of city council, local folks and farmers
-Campaign Event in Le Mars, Iowa
Eating BBQ with local folks

January 21st
-Rally at Upper Iowa University
-Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

January 22nd
-Rally in Moorhead, Minnesota
-Campaign Event in Bemidji, Minnesota
Addressing local police union

January 23rd
-Fundraiser dinner in Minneapolis, Minnesota
-Begin Ad campaign emphasizing leadership and integrity
-Speech in Duluth, Minnesota about Trade deals

January 24th

-Rally in Davenport, IA
-Rally in Bettendorf, IA

January 25th
-Campaign Event in Ankeny, IA
Meeting with local Teamsters Union
-Rally in Ames, IA

January 26th
-Rally at University of Iowa
-Rally in Des Moines, Iowa

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #152 on: August 14, 2016, 07:37:22 PM »

Turn 2 ends at noon tomorrow, guys! Make sure to get all your stuff in! Grin
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #153 on: August 14, 2016, 08:12:20 PM »

Southern Gothic, did you skip the question about which party you'd form a coalition government with?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #154 on: August 14, 2016, 08:32:14 PM »

McMorris Rodgers Debate Answers:

"It is a sentiment I sincerely support, and I hope all four of us on this stage are in agreement here. I do think the Conservative Party has been a moderating and positive influence in Government, but I have no intention to see our party as a junior partner for four more years.

Speaking from a personal point of view, what I aspire to is to lead this party into a General Election and to Government, either a majority or a minority one, but a distinctly Conservative Government that will stay faithful to its manifesto and deliver on its promises, because those policies are what is best for our country right now. More than constant debate about the past, this General Election must be fought on the future of the United States, and it is our message of a stronger federal government, lower taxes, support for families, pro-life beliefs, empowering people and not the state and strong assertive leadership is what we need in Government."

Well, the task ahead is a large one indeed, but there are three areas which I think are vital for any Conservative Government: job creation, lowering taxes for the middle class, and promoting national security. Americans have a right to feel safe on their own country, and in times as turbulent as this, we need to make sure that is a reality. Families and the middle class as a whole benefit when we give power over their economic decisions to them and not Government, and so it is vital not only that we follow the recipes that make our economy grow, but make sure we aid those who needed through focused, effective tax cuts that are indeed a reasonable path to prosperity.

And I don't speak from this out of the mere repetition of talking points. While I have spent a good deal of time in Parliament working hard to promote the right sort of policy, I also come from a fairly normal background share by many Americans across this country. Having worked in the family orchard to help, having worked as a young student to pay for college, having learned many valuable life lessons after having a son with a disability, I know very well that we cannot stop at slogans and not even at precise policy unless we consider the effect this has when applied to the practical level. And if elected, you can expect a Conservative Government led by me to take action and close the gaps that affect so many Americans.

Having formed a single party not so long ago, I think there are overlaps and policy initiatives to be found with both the Nationalists and the Independence Party. There are noteworthy differences, yes, but as the leadership races are underway you can hear candidates with a message that shares similarities with the values and the policy the Conservative Party stands for. Now, coalition formation is a complex process and subject to many factors that I cannot possibly predict nor could I tie my hands on, but I do believe there is common ground to be found with at least those two parties on a variety of key issues.

Being absolutely frank, I deeply resent the phrasing of that question. Far from taking political advantage of gender, what I am emphasizing is that it is important to have more participation of women in politics, that there a legacy of successful Conservative women to follow, and that the rhetoric that you may hear from time to time regarding a "war on women" is simply out of step with reality. Symbols, role models and accomplishments all matter on the struggle for more integration and participation, and they do so greatly.

Regardless of one's opinions on the policies of the current Prime Minister, his election was relevant in symbolic terms given our country's history, showing just how far we went. If Marco was elected Leader and Prime Minister, it would also mean something to Hispanic Americans across our country and in terms of diversity. And if I were to be elected Leader and Prime Minister, it would also be a symbol of what I was taught as a young girl: that you can be anything you can be. Having promoted women participation and the advancement and empowering of women from the Conservative Party during my career, I could not disagree more with what the question seems to imply.
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #155 on: August 14, 2016, 09:34:50 PM »

Lord John Kerry in the Debates

Q:Currently, polling shows that only 44% of voters have a positive or neutral opinion of Prime Minister Barack Obama. Do you approve of Prime Minister Obama's job performance, and, if so, how can you explain his low approval ratings?
A:Barack has done a great job as Prime Minister. It's just that people want a change, and I can deliver that.
Q:If elected, which three issues will you focus the most attention on while in office?
A. Minorities, Economy, and Foreign Affairs.
Q. If you could choose one other party for the Liberals to form a coalition government with, which one would it be and why?
A. Progressive Party. I think us Liberals share a lot in common with the Progressives. And I think candidates like Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren are very qualified to lead that coalition with liberals
Q: The 2004 election - during which you were leader of the Liberal Party - was the only election since 1988 in which the Liberals did not receive a plurality of the popular vote. How can you assure voters that you have what it takes despite your loss in 2004?
A. I know, I know. The 2004 election. I lost to Prime Minister Bush only because PM Bush had a lot of momentum after his efforts after the 9/11 attacks. We wouldn't even be asking this question if Al Gore would've won. Now, I'm not blaming him, just saying Florida should've been more accurate.

Schedule:

January 20
Morning: Open campaign office in Des Moines, IA
Afternoon: Campaign with John Edwards in Des Moines, IA
Evening: Fly to Concord, NH and campaign with Dan Malloy and John Edwards

Edwards and Kerry on the campaign trail

January 21
Morning: Open campaign office in Concord, and Manchester, NH
Afternoon: Have Dan Malloy speak at rally in Manchester, NH
Evening: Open campaign HQ in Boston, Campaign offices in Stamford, Hartford, Storrs, and New Haven

Dan Malloy in Manchester, NH
January 22
Morning: Fly with Edwards and Malloy to Las Vegas, NV and open a campaign office
Afternoon: Fly to Des Moines, IA and campaign at the University of Iowa and make a surprise announcement....
"I will promise a spot in the House of Lords to Dan Malloy and John Edwards if I win"
Evening: Fundraise with Edwards, Malloy and Mrs. Kerry at the University of Iowa

January 23
Morning: Appear on "Good Morning America"
Afternoon: John Edwards campaigns in Manchester, NH, and Dan Malloy in Las Vegas, NV, and John Kerry in Des Moines, IA
Evening: Get on Campaign plane en route to Carson City, NV and fly John Edwards to Carson City and fly Malloy to Carson City as well

January 24
Morning: Rally in Carson City, Drive to Los Angeles, CA with Edwards, Malloy
Afternoon: On Campaign Bus
Evening: Arrive in Los Angeles

January 25
Morning: Rally at LA-X, fly to Concord, NH
Afternoon: Rally at Concord, Drive to Boston
Evening: Rest at HQ in Boston

January 26: Rest Day for the Kerry campaign for staff to talk more endorsements.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #156 on: August 14, 2016, 09:42:57 PM »

Building a Confident America: McMorris Leadership Campaign (II)

"Some may think this Leadership bid of mine as odd considering that, as a politician, I tend to stay away from the cameras, away from the centerstage, away from constant self-promotion. But even if being in front of the cameras as opposed to doing hard work in a steady, calm way is not my style, I am here because I think the Conservative Party could benefit from a change in leadership and style, and because I think this country deserved a principled and effective Conservative Government. And even if I am less known than others, the public appears to be listening to what we have to say on this campaign according to the recent polls. It is a sincere challenge and an honor to be leading the national poll, but there's a lot of hard work to be done still. So onwards we go, to build a more confident and empowered America together!"

January 20th:
California:
-Opening California HQ, Press Conference.
-Rally + Policy Speech in San Jose on Immigration Reform.
-Barnstorm and Fundraising in Los Angeles.

January 21st:
Iowa II:
-Barnstorm Davenport
-Barnstorm Des Moines
-Press Conference and Organizational Efforts in Des Moines
-Attend Conservative Debate

January 22nd:
Texas:
-Rally + Policy Speech in San Antonio on Gun Control Issue
-Rally + Policy Speech in Dallas on Environment and Energy Independence
-Opening of Texas HQ
-Fundraising, meeting party officers in Dallas

January 23rd:
New Hampshire II:
-Town Hall in Dover
-Town Hall in Rochester
-Town Hall in Salem
-Rally + Policy Speech in Nashua on Principle and Leadership

Excerpt: "I'll never be convinced there is anything more fascinating on the campaign trail like Town Hall meetings, and particularly when it comes to New Hampshire Town Halls. They are good for transparency and scrutiny, values that we need in our Government and across political parties if it they are to retain the trust of the people. Many of you might be disappointed many times with politics, I have myself. But having many chances to leave to work on the professional sector or to spend more time with my family I have decided to stay. That's because politics do matter. The policies we pass are relevant, and they can affect the lives of each one of you. If I get the opportunity to lead the Conservative Party and, hopefully, the nation as Prime Minister, you can expect me as unlikely but committed politician to do the hard work that needs to be done."

January 24th:
New Hampshire III:
-Town Hall in Merrimack
-Town Hall in Keene
-Town Hall in Derry
-Rally + Policy Speech in Manchester on Tax Reform

January 25th:
South Carolina:
-Opening of South Carolina HQ
-Meeting with local activists and party officers
-Barnstorming Charleston, Fundraising Lunch
-Barnstorming Columbia, Interview with Local Media

January 26th:
South Carolina II:
-Town Hall in Rock Hill
-Town Hall in Greenville
-Town Hall in Summerville
-Rally + Policy Speech in Mount Pleasant on Veteran Issues
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #157 on: August 14, 2016, 10:20:08 PM »

McMorris Rodgers Campaign Strategy:

Having had a somewhat successful start in catapulting itself at the first place in the national polls, the McMorris Rodgers Campaign has begun mapping up the early stages of the nomination process. Having done its best to establish an early national network on key large states in order to have access to great fundraising and contacts while increasing public awareness and support for the campaign, offices have been built in the larger states and across some of the early battlegrounds as well. This, coupled with what is expected to be a decent debate performance and a focus on media efforts already tested during McMorris Rodgers work with the Conservative Leadership in 2009, leads the campaign to believe they can sustain staying on the top two slots of national polling in the longer run.

Realizing the length of the primary calendar and the inevitable struggle for delegates, the Campaign has settled for a long-term strategy seeking to maximize the capture of delegate slots across the country, trying to draw delegates from the bigger states with a larger Conservative member base while choosing its battles carefully. As a result, the Campaign is setting up the ground for March, which they believe is the decisive month in terms of garnering enough support to go until the Convention if needed be, an effort which will include campaign work even in battlegrounds that are predicted to be hard (such as Florida or Ohio) by taking advantage of proportional delegates.

Finally, when it comes to the early primary states, the McMorris Campaign expects to make a limited effort in Iowa by focusing on urban Conservative areas and driving up turnout in the cites for a reasonable performance, followed by more serious stands on New Hampshire and, particularly, in South Carolina. Nevada also remains an attractive spot for competing, although that is a decision that has not be taken yet. All in all, the campaign is determined to compete on delegate hunting while hoping to build up a profile of competence, effectiveness and a personable and understanding approach for the candidate.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #158 on: August 15, 2016, 02:31:33 AM »

Musk for America 2.1 - Schedule

January 20th:
New Hampshire:
-Campaigning in Concord
-Campaigning in Manchester
-Campaigning in Nashua
-Appearance on Stossel

January 21th:
Iowa:
-Campaigning in Sioux City
-Pre-debate fundraiser in Des Moines
-Attend debate (responses coming soon...)

Screw campaign buses.

January 22th:
Iowa:
-Campaigning in Davenport
-Campaigning in Waterloo
-Campaigning in Iowa City

January 23th:
Minnesota:
-Campaigning in Rochester
-Campaigning in Bloomington
-Campaigning in St. Paul
-Rally in Minneapolis with Jesse Ventura

Jesse Ventura, former Governor (Premier?) of Minnesota.

Quote from: Restricted

January 24th:
New Hampshire:
-Appearance on sunday morning shows
-Campaigning in Derry
-Campaigning in Dover
-Campaigning in Keene

January 25th:
Nevada:
-Campaigning in Fernley
-Campaigning in Elko
-Campaigning in Henderson
-Rally with Peter Thiel in Las Vegas

Quote from: Restricted

January 26th:
North Dakota:
-Campaigning in Bismark
-Campaigning in Grand Forks
-Campaigning in Minot
-Campaigning in Fargo
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #159 on: August 15, 2016, 06:51:19 AM »

Can it be extended in till tommorow noon? Or is till then?
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #160 on: August 15, 2016, 08:16:33 AM »

Pat Buchanan - Debate Responses

One thing to keep in mind is that it often becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy when you only let the so-called "true believers" come into your tent and have a say in the process: You have nowhere to go after that. This isn't how past prime ministers have won. Nixon spoke of the "silent majority" fed up with Vietnam and the social unrest and unified a bloc of voters across the country with his appeal to move on from the '60s. Reagan was able to bring in many working-class Liberals who felt abandoned by their party and wanted a break from Carter's malaise. We've got to go after those working-class Americans burned out by the economy. We need to go just as hard after mothers and fathers in suburbia who want to raise their kids in a safe neighborhood, give them a good education, and teach them good morals. Many on the right have neglected to reach out to minority communities, but we have potential there too among groups like Hispanics and African-Americans. Hispanic-Americans are mostly pro-life and they're often the most hurt by our immigration policies. Likewise, many African-Americans are living in broken families and are disproportionately hurt by the unfettered free trade policies that have ravaged industrial cities like Detroit. If we want to win this election, I'm the only candidate here who will campaign the way that has brought conservatives to victory before.

The first issue we have to address is this nation's current trade policies. What we have is a situation where corporations are actually incentivized by our government and by the numerous world trade agreements we're part of to outsource jobs here to China, Mexico, India, and Vietnam. What happens as a result? Wages are lowered, people lose their jobs, and entire industries are ravaged. The Liberals and the Conservatives have been complicit in maintaining this status quo over the span of many years. It's about time that we revisit free trade and switch to a patriotic economic policy that protects workers and improves living standards for all of us.

We also have to deal with the impact that an open-borders immigration policy will have on this country. The fact of the matter is that many new immigrants, especially the ones coming in illegally, aren't being nearly as assimilated as past generations have been. In a couple of decades, we might truly see the Balkanization of America unfold in places like the Southwest: It would still be part of the U.S., but it would be, for all other intents and purposes, Mexican in nature. Folks, we've got to put a stop to this now before this situation gets bloody. We need to actually secure our borders, deport those living here illegally, and push new and innovative ways to assimilate all immigrants who want the American dream.

Finally, I consider this the most pressing long-term issue: We as a nation are undergoing a rapid moral and spiritual decline. Less Americans call themselves Christian than ever before and we've seen the rise of abortion, homosexuality, drugs, euthanasia, and prostitution in its place. How can we stand back and let this decline further for future generations and say that we didn't try to stop it? We need to do everything we can as parents, role models, and Americans to reinstate these values, and that happens from the bottom-up. Households and communities have to get involved first and foremost, and government should do everything that it can to facilitate that. As Prime Minister, I will lead by example.

I quite admire many Jacksonians and I have plenty of friends who belong in that party. I think, in many respects, they have the big picture down: The political and financial elites--whether they be pointy-headed bureaucrats or multinational corporations--push for policies that benefit them and hurt ordinary folk. While we may have our disagreements, I believe that's a very potent message that resonates with the majority of Americans, and it's a great starting point to rally behind as we try to overcome the Liberal-Conservative duopoly that has dominated politics for so long. They've had their turn and have completely failed at addressing the real issues. If we really want to shake up Washington, a Nationalist-Jacksonian coalition may just be the spark that does it.

Ted Cruz is a fine man who has fought long and hard for many conservative principles, and he should be commended for that. With that said, however, I haven't seen much evidence that the Deputy Leader is able to build the bridges necessary for the Nationalist Party to win. It's one thing to have success as an opposition party, and the Nationalists have proved that, but now we have to take the step of being the governing party. That means looking outward, not inward, to find coalitions wherever we can. I've been able to work with people as far to my left as Ralph Nader on issues like trade, crony capitalism, and national sovereignty, and we've won battles we might not have otherwise won. We Nationalists have the right message, but what we need at this critical juncture for our party--and the nation--is a new messenger. I've been around for a while and seen it all, so maybe I can fill those shoes.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #161 on: August 15, 2016, 08:48:53 AM »

Todd Young - Debate Answers

1. Yes, I agree with Paul Ryan. The participation of the Conservative Party in a coalition government with the Liberal Party, our major competitor which pursues different positions than ours on the issues that matters to Americans, has alienated our base. It's time for turning the page. If you'll give me the honor of being leader of our party, our objective will be going back to be the first party in America and I can also tell you that if our party will not have a majority in the House, I'll seek the collaboration of other parties close to our values and open to govern with us for a new revival for this nation.

2. I'll focus my attention on making our country safe, on cutting taxes and on create the right condictions for creating jobs.
We'll increase our defense, improve security system and stop all people trying to recruit American citizens for making terror attacks in our country.
We'll favor our hardworking citizens by cutting taxes in order to favor  prosperity for our citizens and let them to be successful in life.
We'll stand with our medium and small businesses and create the better condictions for letting them to create jobs and prosperity for American citizens. Look, the government will just favor our businesses and our citizens by creating better condictions for them and will not intrude in the decisions of our businesses and in the life of Americans.

3. If the Conservative Party will not have a majority alone, I'll seek the support of the parties most close to us on the issues and ideologically. I think that parties are the Nationalist Party, the Jacksonian Party and the Independence Party. I'm sure that a coalition government with one or two or all of them, depending on the circumstances, would be possible.

4. I look forward to make the case on why I should be the next Conservative leader in this debate and in the following debates and expecially by meeting with my fellow Conservatives on the Campaign trail. My campaign will hit every state and I look forward to meet with the most possibile number of Americans and to answer their questions on the issues that most matter to them.

Todd Young - Campaign Schedule of Turn 2

January 20 (Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio)
Meet and Greet in Norfolk, VA.
Town Hall in Suffolk, VA.
Rally in Louisville, KY.
Meet and Greet in Lexington, KY.
Town Hall in Dayton, OH.
Rally in Columbus, OH.

January 21 (Iowa)
Meet and Greet in West Des Moines, IA.
Meet and Greet in Wapello, IA.
Debate in Des Moines, IA.

January 22 (Iowa and Minnesota)
Town Hall in Mason City, IA.
Rally in Cedar Falls, IA.
Meet and Greet in Dubuque, IA.
Meet and Greet in Rochester, MN.
Rally in Minneapolis, MN.

January 23 (New Hampshire )
Meet and Greet in Haverhill, NH.
Rally in Nashua, NH .
Town Hall in Exeter, NH.
Town Hall in Dover, NH.
Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH.

January 24 (New Hampshire, Maine and South Carolina)
Town Hall in Rochester, NH.
Meet and Greet in Concord, NH.
Rally in Sanford, ME.
Meet and Greet in Anderson, SC.
Town Hall in Greenville, SC.
Rally in Aiken, SC.

January 25 (Georgia, Tennessee, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa)
Rally in Augusta, GA.
Meet and Greet in Nashwille, TN.
Rally in Ann Harbor, MI.
Town Hall in Springfield, IL.
Meet and Greet in Quincy, IL.
Rally in Burlingto, IA.
Meet and Greet in Des Moines, IA

January 26 (Iowa)
Meet and Greet in Ames, IA.
Rally in Bloomfield, IA.
Rally in Waterloo, IA.
Town Hall in Iowa City, IA .
Rally in Ottumwa, IA.

The Young campaign will continue to Campaign hard in Iowa, where he is leading, and in other early states like New Hampshire, where he is in a good position, South Carolina and Nevada. The campaign is not ignoring the remaining states and is helding events, inaugurated campaign offices in various states, expecially in Midwest, Russ Belt, Appalachia and South, where he is well positioned, but the campaign is not ignoring Northeastern and Western states, from which he received endorsements of various MPs.
The campaign is airing ads in the 4 early states and in Super Tuesday states.
Adriano Chiká
AdrianoChika
Rookie
Brazil

« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2016, 09:33:24 AM »
« Edited: August 15, 2016, 08:45:08 PM by Adriano Chiká »

A New Kennedy for a New Country

January 20:
-Rally in Manchester, NH
-Town Hall in Manchester, NH
-Rally in Nashua, NH

January 21:
-Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Rally in Des Moines, IA

January 22:
-Rally in Columbia, SC
-Rally in Charleston, SC

January 23:
-Rally in Las Vegas, NV
-Rally in Reno, NV

January 24:
-Rally in Burlington, VT
-Town Hall in Burlington, VT
-Rally in Manchester, NH

January 25:
-Rally in Dover, NH
-Rally in Derry, NH
-Rally in Rochester, NH

January 26:
-Rally in Salem, NH
-Rally In Merrimack, NH
-Rally in Minneapolis, MN

1)Currently, polling shows that only 44% of voters have a positive or neutral opinion of Prime Minister Barack Obama. Do you approve of Prime Minister Obama's job performance, and, if so, how can you explain his low approval ratings?
2) If elected, which three issues will you focus the most attention on while in office?
3) If you could choose one other party for the Liberals to form a coalition government with, which one would it be and why?
4) Multiple other candidates in the leadership race have so far suggested that much of your popularity is based off of your connections to the Kennedy family, one of the most prominent political dynasties in the history of the Liberal Party. How can you assure voters that you will be an effective Prime Minister in your own right?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2016, 10:09:40 AM »

Can it be extended in till tommorow noon? Or is till then?

I'm not going to be able to get started on Turn 3 until about 8:30 PM EST tonight, so please try to get everything in by then if possible. Cheesy
kyc0705

« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2016, 10:10:23 AM »

HILLARY CLINTON'S RESPONSES FROM THE FIRST LIBERAL DEBATE

1. Currently, polling shows that only 44% of voters have a positive or neutral opinion of Prime Minister Barack Obama. Do you approve of Prime Minister Obama's job performance, and, if so, how can you explain his low approval ratings?
The opposition devotes all of their time smearing the Prime Minister, ensuring that people blame him for every error in this country. In reality, Prime Minister Obama has brought us into a new era in healthcare, civil rights, and a dramatic recovery of the economy, and we should all be proud of the job he has done.

2. If elected, which three issues will you focus the most attention on while in office?
I want to focus on building America's future -- which means ensuring affordable and universal healthcare for everyone, guaranteeing debt-free college for our students, and prioritizing this nation's safety, security, and status. We live in a world full of uncertainties, and strong, qualified leadership is an invaluable prospect for these times. As a former foreign minister, I know how to handle tough situations, and so I feel undeniably ready to face whatever may happen in these next few years.

3. If you could choose one other party for the Liberals to form a coalition government with, which one would it be and why?
My goal, first and foremost, is to make sure that the Liberals receive a majority, a true mandate, from the voters. I feel this is absolutely attainable. But if circumstances dictate we must form another coalition, I'll be more than ready to work with whatever party wishes to implement our plan for an equal and prosperous America.

4.  You have been criticized in the past for serving on the executive boards of  multiple large corporations and for accepting large sums of money from corporations as payment for giving speeches. How can you assure voters that you will have the interests of common people - not those of big businesses - in mind while serving as Prime Minister?
Those speeches were given, and those board invitations were accepted, while I was a private citizen. Unlike some candidates in this election, I recognize how to separate my personal affairs and the actions which must be taken to better serve the American people. I can assure you that as Prime Minister, I will make sure that everything I do will be for the benefit of everyone -- not just affluent donors or wealthy businesspeople. That's what it means to be a Liberal.
AuH2O Republican
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #165 on: August 15, 2016, 10:50:24 AM »

I'm not going to be able to get started on Turn 3 until about 8:30 PM EST tonight, so please try to get everything in by then if possible. Cheesy

Because of a weekend-long stag do, I'm behind with Rand Paul. Will do my hardest to have his responses and schedule up by tonight but if I can't, how much is it worth in continuing?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #166 on: August 15, 2016, 10:59:25 AM »
« Edited: August 15, 2016, 07:22:02 PM by Labor Whip and Representative NeverAgain »

Joni Ernst's Debate Responses

Well, I think that there are disadvantages to polarization, but there are also advantages: we know what we stand for and we have the highest commitment from our voters and volunteers. Our supporters know that the way we, as public servants, should get elected is to talk about the real-issues facing our nation, not ones that the bureaucratic elite want.

On the matter of expanding our base, we must talk about the true and real issues facing all Americans. Tonight, I stand on this stage as not only a 23-year war veteran, I stand here as a proud mother who wants a better America for all of our children. I know what we as Americans need to get ahead and I will tell all who will listen about my plan for a better future for our children. The way I will run my campaign is to talk to issues of our economy, which must be strengthened, our immigration system, which has failed to protect hard-working American citizens, and our veterans affairs, which must protect those who have bravely served our nation.

That is how I will work to expand our message of hope and prosperity to a broader audience.

There are many issues that we must focus on in this election, from unemployment to national security, our Prime Minister must be able to effectively address these vital issues and to lead with integrity and courage. I won't say that all issues matter the same, but these are a few that matter to me and matter to the American people.

Our Economy: After the worst recession since 1929, we've seen nothing but stagnation from our leaders in Washington. They've come up with many problems, but few solutions. Unfortunately, they don't know the immense power of the American people. We pulled ourselves up by our bootstraps, and are on our way to a thriving economy because of these hardworking Americans' efforts. That is why my job will be to do everything I can to help we as Americans thrive. Through lower taxes and less government regulation we will help produce a new age of stronger businesses and stronger Americans.

Our National Security: With the threat of terrorism looming everyday in our nation, we must make a stronger attempt to block these threats of radical Islam. That's why I am proposing a new Counter-Terrorist taskforce to immediately thwart these immense threats. Working with the Department of Homeland Security, I will find these radical terrorists before they attempt these atrocious attacks. I want to let anyone who seeks to harm know that the full power of our courageous military will find you and will destroy you.

Our Immigration System: Everyday we have hundreds illegal immigrants flooding across our border. Under 8 years of this Liberal government, we have seen that they do not care about real America. We must end this mass flow of illegal immigrants across our borders and finally end this mass theft of American Jobs. I will work with our Border Security system to end illegal immigration once and for all.  

I think that I've seen the Jacksonian Party has proven itself to be true to its commitment to the American people. I would hope we can move them to our side on issues like healthcare and economic progress, but they are correct on our broken immigration and trade systems and I think we must work together to combat ISIS in our nation. If elected I would seek to work with them on those and many more issues.

Dpty. Cruz has done an admirable job at working for the American people against the elitist powers in Washington. But I think that we need a real change and shake up in our party and America. And we need someone who can bring in new people in this great party, and further advance out cause for freedom. Given my diverse background, I know what it takes to pull in people from all backgrounds. In my military service, we didn't care what your background was, we cared about who you were and if you can get the job done. I can get the job done for the American People.

Thank you, and God Bless America!

Schedule for Wednesday, January 20th - Tuesday, January 26th:

Wednesday, January 20th:
Rally in Sioux City, IA
Barnstorming in Council Bluffs
Rally in Davenport
Set up Iowa HQ in Des Moines
Meet with Grassroots Volunteers

Thursday, January 21st:
Barnstorming in Ames, IA
Barbeque with Local Cedar Rapidans
Rally in Ankeny, IA
Attend Nationalist Debate in Des Moines

Friday, January 22nd:
Fly to Juneau, AK to meet with Sarah Palin
Rally in Anchorage, AK
Barnstorming in Juneau, AK
Set up Alaska HQ in Juneau and meet with AK Volunteers
Fly Back to Des Moines to Rest

Saturday, January 23rd:
Rest with Family in Des Moines

Sunday, January 24th:
Attend Service at the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Des Moines
Barnstorming in Des Moines Suburbs
Rally in Iowa City

Monday, January 25th:
Fly to Charleston, SC to Meet with Jim DeMint
Rally in Charleston
Barnstorming in Charleston Suburbs
Set up SC HQ with Volunteers in Charleston

Tuesday, January 26th:
Fly to Minnesota to Meet with Michelle Bachmann
Set up Minnesota HQ in Ramsey
Fly back to Washington for Parlimentary Duties.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #167 on: August 15, 2016, 11:03:14 AM »

Because of a weekend-long stag do, I'm behind with Rand Paul. Will do my hardest to have his responses and schedule up by tonight but if I can't, how much is it worth in continuing?

Try to get everything in by 8:30 PM EST, but if you can't just PM me and I'll see what I can do Grin
diptheriadan

« Reply #168 on: August 15, 2016, 12:53:20 PM »

Mike Crapo withdraws. He endorses Ted Cruz for President.I'll write something more extravagent later.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #169 on: August 15, 2016, 01:32:40 PM »

CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE

January 20, 2016:
Endorsement Rally with Senator Mike Crapo in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Town Hall in Johnston, Iowa
Meet and Greet with MP Steve King in Le Mars, Iowa
Rally with Glenn Beck and Mike Crapo in Winterset, Iowa
Town Hall with MP Louie Gohmert in Charles City, Iowa

January 21, 2016:
Town Hall with Mike Crapo in Iowa Falls, Iowa
Meet and Greet at Pizza Ranch in Corning, Iowa
Rally with Mike Crapo and MP Steve King in Larchwood, Iowa
Town Hall with MP Steve King in Vinton, Iowa
Rally with Mike Crapo in Independence, Iowa

January 22, 2016:
Rally in Anaheim, California
Town Hall in Huntington Beach, California
Meet and Greet with Minority Voters in Los Angeles, California
Hispanics for Ted Rally in Los Angeles, California
Rally with Glenn Beck and Mike Crapo in Sacramento, California

January 23, 2016:
Town Hall with Mike Crapo in Manchester, New Hampshire
Rally with Glenn Beck in Keene, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Portland, Maine
Rally in Kittery, Maine at Kittery Trading Post

January 24, 2016:
Attend Religious Services at African-American Church in Harlem
Town Hall in Scranton, Pennsylvania
Rally in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

January 25, 2016:
Town Hall in Henderson, Nevada
Rally in Las Vegas, Nevada
Meeting with Border Patrol Agents in Bisbee, Arizona
Countdown to Caucus Rally with Glenn Beck and Mike Crapo in Dubuque, Iowa

January 26, 2016:
Rally in Urbandale, Iowa
Town Hall in Indianola, Iowa
Meet and Greet with MP Steve King in Oskaloosa, Iowa
Rally in Hilton Head Island, Iowa
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #170 on: August 15, 2016, 04:48:35 PM »

John Kasich Debate Responses

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2016, 05:05:10 PM »

Remember to have everything in by 8:30 PM EST, folks Cheesy
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2016, 05:21:33 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2016, 08:24:10 PM by Stm85 »

Rob Portman Debate Answers

1. "I believe that the Independence Party has tremendous potential for growth in the coming election. The way we make sure we can achieve this goal is to go out there and discuss our platform with the people in a way that highlights how these policies will improve people's lives. That's one reason I introduced my school choice plan last week and why I am making that issue a priority. Our party can make major inroads in the low-income areas of this country if we can show people that we are the party that will give their kids a shot at achieving success through better education. I will also take steps to ensure that the Independence Party is a party that is serious about national security. In previous elections, I'm not sure that this perception was always there. If I am chosen as party leader, it will be a top priority to make sure it is known that we are the party for those who want to keep America safe while making sure that our civil liberties our vigorously defended. These steps, and more that I will lay out over the coming campaign, will present the Independence Party as a true alternative for those that are tired of the corrupt, broken system that our current government is providing."

2. "I touched on the three overarching themes of my campaign during my announcement speech: innovation, freedom, and security. These are the principles upon which our party will be based if I am chosen as leader. To get into more specifics on policy, I'm going to start by putting Americans back to work and letting them keep more of their hard-earned income. That means tax and regulatory reform. I am proposing tax cuts on all income levels, in addition to reductions in business and capital gains taxes. These policies will free up employers to hire more people and give investors confidence in American small business again. The next priority will be my school choice program, which I discussed a little bit earlier. This will work by giving every parent a voucher for their child to attend school and creating a semi-open admissions process for all public schools. This will simultaneously give every child a shot at a better education while ensuring that nobody is left behind. Parents can choose a local public school, an out-of-district public school that gets better results, a charter or magnet school, a private school, or even use that money to home-school their child. I believe when we put parents in charge that the kids will win. Lastly, I would focus on criminal sentencing reform. There are too many people serving long prison sentences for non-violent crimes. I don't believe it is necessarily in the government or society's best interest to lock up a kid who got caught with a joint for a long time with hardened criminals. We can save a tremendous amount of money and focus our limited resources on the real bad guys; the violent criminals."

3. "I would be interested in forming a coalition with any party that will work with us to move us towards a more free and prosperous society, but of course some are more likely than others to be seen as allies in that regard. One realistic partner could be the conservative party. I've been disappointed by the current liberal-conservative partnership, but I do believe they are the party, other than our own, that is most committed to the free enterprise system. We do, of course, have some strong disagreements on certain issues, but I certainly believe that a coalition by our two parties would move our nation forward in a much better direction than under the status quo."

4. "I would like to assure our party members that as leader, I will govern with a consensus-based approach to the issues that sometimes can divide us. In the spirit of our party, I have no desire to force my moral views upon anyone else. On the abortion issue, I will favor an approach that will allow the states to decide for themselves. I vow that, on a national level, I will not seek any restrictions other than those on non-medically necessary late-term abortions. My actions on other issues will be similar. For example, I will allow the states to decide for themselves about legalizing marijuana, and will work to have it removed from Schedule 1 of the Controlled Substances Act. If we can bring our party together and work from consensus-based stances, our united party can have its most successful election yet."

Rob Portman Turn 2 Schedule

Jan. 20
Fundraiser in Columbus, OH
Fly to Atlanta, GA
Barnstorm in Atlanta, GA

Jan. 21
Barnstorm in Charleston, SC
Barnstorm in Greeneville, SC
Barnstorm in Charlotte, NC

Jan. 22
Fundraiser in Charlotte, NC
Fly to Philadelphia, PA
Barnstorm in Philadelphia, PA

Jan. 23
Fundraiser in New York, NY
Barnstorm in New York, NY
Interview with CNN's S.E. Cupp

Jan. 24
Barnstorm in Hartford, CT
Barnstorm in Providence, RI
Barnstorm in Boston, MA

Jan. 25
Fundraiser in Boston, MA
Policy Speech at Boston College
Barnstorm in Nashua, NH

Jan. 26
Barnstorm in Manchester, NH with Kelly Ayotte
Barnstorm in Concord, NH with Kelly Ayotte
Fly to Houston, TX
AuH2O Republican
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2016, 06:29:00 PM »
« Edited: August 15, 2016, 06:31:24 PM by AuH2O Republican »

Rand Paul Debate Answers and Schedule

Schedule

January 20th
- Travel to New Orleans, LA
- Rally in New Orleans, LA.
- Travel to Des Moines, IA.

January 21st
- Barnstorming in Des Moines, IA and surrounding counties.
- Fundraising lunch in Des Moines, IA.
- Open up campaign HQ in IA.
- Debate appearance
- Travel to Detroit, MI

January 22nd
- Major policy address on enterprise zones in Detroit, MI.
- Joint rally with Justin Amash in Detroit, MI.
- Travel to Bowling Green, KY.
- Rest.

January 23rd
- Breakfast/brunch barnstorming in Louisville, KY.
- Joint rally with Thomas Massie in Louisville, KY.
- Fly to Houston, TX.

January 24th
- Joint rally with Ron Paul in Houston, TX.
- Barnstorming in San Antonio, TX.
- Fundraiser in San Antonio, TX.
- Travel to Montana.

January 25th
- Rest during the day.
- Campaign rally in Billings, MT.
- Travel to Denver, CO.

January 26th
- Open up campaign HQ in CO.
- Barnstorming in Denver, CO and surrounding counties.
- Speech in Denver, CO on the nature of federalism.

Debate Answers

1) The Independence Party has continued to grow since its founding in 1984. As more people have grown disaffected with Washington, they have seen from us the answers they agree with, policies they agree with, and have voted for us in line with that. Of course, we cannot rely on the disaffection of the American people alone. We must offer a vision for how we as Independents would like to see our country work. We cannot offer them the generic career-orientated Washington politician and the rhetoric that comes with that. We must offer them real action. Most of the American people are concerned about budget deficits, about the national debt, about the high levels of entitlement spending and do not want a government telling people how to live their lives. When people see that the platform we will run on tackles these issues head-on, we will see growing support for our party.

2) The first issue we must come to grips with is the national debt. It is near treasonous what successive Ministries in Washington have done to the future generations of this country, to shoulder them with such crippling debt. We do not want our children and grandchildren to look at us and ask us why we did nothing to fix such a crisis.

Second, the civil liberties which are the bedrock of this country. Our founding has been a beacon of freedom for many others around the world, but the national security establishment has worked with successive Ministries, regardless of party, to continue to erode these. I will not stand for it. Our founding fathers did not envision Americans being spied on without suspicion, with intrusive searches of body and property when travelling freely, and with torturing people. We do indeed face a dangerous world with people who hate America, but we cannot go down a path which betrays America's founding principles, as it is these principles which will win the day.

Third, the plight of our cities. I am off to Detroit soon to address my policy on enterprise zones in more detail. But cities such as Detroit have been burdened with corruption at its highest levels, a gross mismanagement of public finances, and a drain of private sector jobs and opportunities. By giving cities such as Detroit this enterprise zone status, they can look at creating an environment which welcomes back private sector jobs, which brings their monstrous debts and deficits into line, and all this without interference from any Ministry in Washington. The people of Detroit know what is best for their city and so we should give them the tools to eliminate their plight.

3) The first aim for any Leader is to form a Ministry in your own right and that is what I will aim to do as Leader. I want an Independent majority and I refuse to lock us into any kind of agreement today that could hamper such efforts or give other parties the impression that we are willing to pander to them for the slightest sniff of coalition government.

4) I must give Rob credit for his start to this campaign. He obviously has a lot of energy and I commend him for that. He has also been a part of Washington a lot longer than I have and so I imagine his face is a little more familiar than mine. This campaign has just started. I have not yet touched the many towns and cities of this country that I wish to visit, to put forward my views and, more importantly, my answers to the problems facing this nation. I believe that the more the American people hear what I have to say, the more they will realise that we share so many concerns and so many solutions.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2016, 06:53:02 PM »

DEBATE ANSWERS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies