GA - Atlanta Journal Constitution: Clinton +4 / Clinton +3 (w/ Third Parties) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:03:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  GA - Atlanta Journal Constitution: Clinton +4 / Clinton +3 (w/ Third Parties) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GA - Atlanta Journal Constitution: Clinton +4 / Clinton +3 (w/ Third Parties)  (Read 5658 times)
john cage bubblegum

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.96

« on: August 05, 2016, 09:16:50 AM »

An AJC poll in August shows a Democrat leading? No way! Georgia is doomed I tell you. Doomed.

Georgia is the New Jersey of the South. This always happens, just for the Democrats instead of the Republicans. Then reality sets in.  But enjoy it for a few weeks, red avatars.

Except in the last two elections (2008 and 2012) there were 29 post-convention polls taken of Georgia (25 in 2008 and 4 in 2012) and the Republican led in 28 of those 29, with the only Dem lead being Obama +1 in 2008

This time around we have three post-convention polls; one showing Trump +4, one showing a tie and now one showing Clinton +4. Do the Republicans hold Georgia? In the end I think they will, but the state is unquestionably in peril due to Trump
I wasn't just talking about the 2012 POTUS race.

Tell that to Govenor Jason Carter or Senator Michelle Nunn.

You could use that argument to dismiss polls in most states as Republicans all over the country outperformed their polling in 2014. 

Now, clearly Hillary will have to win by a pretty solid margin nationally to take Georgia.  If she ends up winning by 3-5 points, then she's going to fall short.  But a 7-9 point national margin is where things get very interesting in Georgia.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies