breaking news? Manafort possibly quits, more campaign HQ resignations to follow
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:05:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  breaking news? Manafort possibly quits, more campaign HQ resignations to follow
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: breaking news? Manafort possibly quits, more campaign HQ resignations to follow  (Read 2927 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2016, 09:06:18 PM »

You know what I'd do if I was Manafort, I'd punch Trump in the face and tell him to sit up and shut up so we can win.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2016, 09:11:19 PM »

You know what I'd do if I was Manafort, I'd punch Trump in the face and tell him to sit up and shut up so we can win.

You think Trump would be in the position he is if a) he listened to anyone b) had anyone around him who is either competent or gutsy?
fldemfunds
Rookie
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2016, 09:13:36 PM »

I've worked for candidates with a similar "I'm going to do what I want" demeanor as Trump. There really isn't much you can do other than do as much good work as possible around the candidate, but this is a high profile race, so it's literally impossible to stop everything.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2016, 09:14:18 PM »

Once again, we witness the effect Trump's violent rhetoric is having on our nation's children:

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2016, 09:14:29 PM »

One of the best things since I left the mod team: I finally can put jackholes on ignore. Smiley

So long, Classless Conservative and Slovenly? Cheesy
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2016, 09:15:06 PM »

I've worked for candidates with a similar "I'm going to do what I want" demeanor as Trump. There really isn't much you can do other than do as much good work as possible around the candidate, but this is a high profile race, so it's literally impossible to stop everything.

This
Know Nothing
Rookie
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2016, 09:16:21 PM »

I interpreted "mailing it in" to mean he doesn't give a crap, and just collecting a paycheck... But if he quits, that would be ironic since he's been the one firing...

I'm pretty sure Manafort is on a a volunteer and is not paid.

Wouldn't doubt it at all if this story was true though. I heard rumblings that Manafort and co were begging Trump over the weekend not to get into a pissing match with the Khans.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2016, 09:24:48 PM »

Unconfirmed? Where's Zoe Barnes when you need her?

fldemfunds
Rookie
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2016, 09:28:58 PM »

Working for someone like Trump is utterly demoralizing. It's like Sisyphus pushing the boulder, but on an hourly basis. It's really exhausting. It takes every ounce of strength not to drink yourself into oblivion.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2016, 09:30:34 PM »

Not only unconfirmed, but, of course this nonsense was refuted... So sorry.

From another NBC hack journalist that feels the need to editorialize instead of just stating facts.

Howard Fineman
‏@howardfineman
#PaulManafort just told me @JohnJHarwood report wrong -- that all is ok on the #Trump Train. From outside of course it looks like no rails.

https://twitter.com/howardfineman/status/760652198032310272
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2016, 09:32:21 PM »

From another NBC hack journalist that feels the need to editorialize instead of just stating facts.

Howard Fineman
‏@howardfineman
#PaulManafort just told me @JohnJHarwood report wrong -- that all is ok on the #Trump Train. From outside of course it looks like no rails.

That's like Anthony Weiner saying his twitter was hacked and expecting everyone to buy it.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2016, 09:32:41 PM »

Working for someone like Trump is utterly demoralizing. It's like Sisyphus pushing the boulder, but on an hourly basis. It's really exhausting. It takes every ounce of strength not to drink yourself into oblivion.
Demoralizing, huh? Do you work for the Trump campaign?

Your argument fails,  Trump have not created a successful business if "working for someone like (him) is utterly demoralizing?"

Really, just stop drinking the DNC Kool-Aid.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2016, 09:33:57 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2016, 09:39:04 PM by Seriously? »

Howard Fineman
‏@howardfineman

That's like Anthony Weiner saying his twitter was hacked and expecting everyone to buy it.
Really? I think this title here is "Manafort Possibly Quits." Does it look like there's a resignation?

Sorry if I can't pay full attention. I am obviously on suicide watch per the other "news" from these "journalists," waiting for Trump staffers to die.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2016, 09:34:44 PM »

Off-topic, but I can't wait for Game Change 2016.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2016, 09:34:52 PM »

Howard Fineman
‏@howardfineman

Lyin' Drumpf put the hammer down there. March of the sycophants.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2016, 09:34:59 PM »

Howard Fineman
‏@howardfineman

Really? I think this title here is "Manafort Possibly Quits." Does it look like there's a resignation?

Sorry if I can't pay full attention. I am obviously on suicide watch per the other "news" from these "journalists."
Give it time.
fldemfunds
Rookie
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2016, 09:35:08 PM »

Demoralizing, huh? Do you work for the Trump campaign?

Your argument fails,  Trump have not created a successful business if "working for someone like (him) is utterly demoralizing?"

Really, just stop drinking the DNC Kool-Aid.

If you read my earlier post, I indicated I worked for someone with a similar attitude as Trump, but on the D side. Campaign staff tend to be much more conciliatory than super involved activists and supporters because we all endure the same grind and respect one another on that level, disregarding personal politics.
kyc0705

« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2016, 09:35:47 PM »

Being scraped off the underside of a subway train. Poor woman, just some crazy freak accident.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2016, 09:36:00 PM »

For whatever its worth, I'm having doubts about Trump himself if we have yet another internal staff battle. There comes a time when you have to wonder about this.

Do I want Trump dropped? No. I want to go straight to November. I'd rather lose with Trump than win with Rubio, Cruz, Ryan, or Jeb. That being said, if he were to end his campaign, which for some reason feels tonight probably more likely than ever before, I wouldn't regret anything.

As far as I'm concerned, my main objection for this election was to see the GOP begin to undertake the process of transforming itself into a right-wing populist party with significant libertarian instincts. Trump, while hardly libertarian in any sense of the word, has proven to be the perfect foil needed to expose the elites in our party and the perfect poison pill to kill that toxic ideology that for decades has been holding us back.

I have only known one Republican President in my lifetime. And he happened to be (so far) the worst President of my lifetime. I don't want to go back to that, and Trump, warts and all, has proved to be the perfect fire needed to smoke the bastards out of the barn.

And of course, Trumpism, for the most part, fits my paleoconservative worldview. I want a President who will be tough on illegal immigration, who will renegotiate trade deals, who will reject the post World War II order of liberal teary eyed internationalism and Republican backed neoconservatism. Yet I also want a President who will stay out of the Middle East (definitely not Trump), who will not get the base hot and bothered with Islamaphobia (the Muslim ban is reprehensible), and who is ideologically consistent while also being reasonable (more Rand Paul, less Ted Cruz).

In that regards, Trump already won the election for me. Win (and I think he can win-the question is, will he let himself win? Hillary is easier prey than her cultists will admit) or lose, I am quite happy with what happened. If Trump's campaign falls apart to the point that he is either forced out or steps back, I'll count this as a victory. I'll probably back Johnson in that case unless Jeff Sessions, Chris Christie, or anyone who has been behind Trump from early on and be trusted to carry on the cruse is the nominee.

swf541

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2016, 09:36:06 PM »

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2016, 09:36:57 PM »

About this time last week I was worried Trump would stay competitive, and then Manafort and his Russian goons would rig voting machines. I guess Manafort realized it's not worth the effort anymore.

Dude is just here for a paycheck.....I would be doing the same thing if I was in his situation.

I wonder if Trump will actually pay him when he loses considering his history with contractors who don't get the job done.
Is that better or worse than his history with contractors who do get the job done.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2016, 09:37:29 PM »

Being scraped off the underside of a subway train. Poor woman, just some crazy freak accident.
Oh, she didn't die. That was a double.

The real Zoe Barnes is planning to kill Frank any day now.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2016, 09:37:56 PM »

Howard Fineman
‏@howardfineman

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2016, 09:39:12 PM »

Over/under on the amount of time before Cory Lewandowski is back as Campaign Manager again.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2016, 09:40:22 PM »

Off-topic, but I can't wait for Game Change 2016.

At this rate, it's going to be a multi-volume, five thousand page epic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies