Who do you support? - August 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 02:30:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who do you support? - August 2016
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: make your choose
Hillary Clinton

Donald Trump

Gary Johnson

Jill Stein

Other

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 155

Author Topic: Who do you support? - August 2016  (Read 2010 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2016, 02:18:27 PM »

No longer supporting Trump.

I just can't continue to back somebody who attacks the family of a fallen soldier and shows absolutely no regret for this. It seems, that he's joking. That he actually doesn't want to win. Trump blew it and he deserves to lose for his incompentence to run a campaign.

Would have prefered another Democrat (like Biden or Webb), but under these circumstances I switch back to Hillary.

Wow, I never would have thought to see you come around. Welcome aboard! (Please don't be joking...)

It's no joke. I still love the idea of an outsider as president and especially a businessman who shakes up Washington, but Trump is definitely not up to the job. I never agreed with him on all issues, but the story with the Khans (and others) was one step too far. It is such a disgrace. I just can't justify to support such a man or defend these comments. And this is absolutely something that you just can't play down and say "oh well, I don't agree but still back him". You can say this on standard issues like gun control or climate change "I don't agree with him but still support him for other reasons". Terms like "Low Energy Jeb" or "Little Marco" were still funny (in my personal opinion). However, I was already unhappy about Trump's previous missteps like the mocking of the disabled reporter and John McCain, or the attack on Justice Curiel, but now it's enough. This is not the kind of behavior I expect from a president and a commander-in-chief. And I certainly don't want a president, who is absolutely unwilling/unable to accept any criticism and responds with permanent insults.

I'm glad to see that you're denouncing his attack on the Khans, and reconsidering your support for him, as a result. I get that a lot of people want an "outsider," and don't just want "politics as usual." I think there should definitely be room for new faces in the political process, and that more experienced political candidates should be open to new ideas. Hillary wasn't my first choice either, but considering that she was willing to compromise with Bernie on some issues, I have hope that she'll be open to alternative ideas and viewpoints as president, even if she is an "insider."
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2016, 02:27:18 PM »

I just can't continue to back somebody who attacks the family of a fallen soldier and shows absolutely no regret for this. It seems, that he's joking. That he actually doesn't want to win. Trump blew it and he deserves to lose for his incompentence to run a campaign.

Would have prefered another Democrat (like Biden or Webb), but under these circumstances I switch back to Hillary.

Wow, I never would have thought to see you come around. Welcome aboard! (Please don't be joking...)

It's no joke. I still love the idea of an outsider as president and especially a businessman who shakes up Washington, but Trump is definitely not up to the job. I never agreed with him on all issues, but the story with the Khans (and others) was one step too far. It is such a disgrace. I just can't justify to support such a man or defend these comments. And this is absolutely something that you just can't play down and say "oh well, I don't agree but still back him". You can say this on standard issues like gun control or climate change "I don't agree with him but still support him for other reasons". Terms like "Low Energy Jeb" or "Little Marco" were still funny (in my personal opinion). However, I was already unhappy about Trump's previous missteps like the mocking of the disabled reporter and John McCain, or the attack on Justice Curiel, but now it's enough. This is not the kind of behavior I expect from a president and a commander-in-chief. And I certainly don't want a president, who is absolutely unwilling/unable to accept any criticism and responds with permanent insults.

I'm glad to see that you're denouncing his attack on the Khans, and reconsidering your support for him, as a result. I get that a lot of people want an "outsider," and don't just want "politics as usual." I think there should definitely be room for new faces in the political process, and that more experienced political candidates should be open to new ideas. Hillary wasn't my first choice either, but considering that she was willing to compromise with Bernie on some issues, I have hope that she'll be open to alternative ideas and viewpoints as president, even if she is an "insider."

Insider is nothing bad in particular. LBJ for example was one of the biggest insiders ever. But that was the reason why he got so much historic legislation passed. I'd more like an outsider ala Wendell Willkie, but Trump is not in that category.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2016, 09:22:40 AM »

Miracles happen!

I applaud you for suspending the support for this psychopath. And I also applaud you for admitting that you were wrong. I do understand that Hillary is not everybody’s first choice (like she was mine), but you’re right, almost no sane person can justify to support the Trumpster any longer. He’s a disgrace and a phony.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2016, 09:36:00 AM »

Clinton.

So many conservatives supporting Trump for stupid reasons. My dad says he doesn't like Trump but he's voting for him because Hillary is a criminal and everything that has been said about Trump is a liberal lie by the media and he's said and done none of it and he's been a godsend for the economy. Also that everyone who went to college was brainwashed by their professors to support lying Democrats. He says he'd rather have a clown than a criminal. Got all heated and crazy from a normal conversation. So 65+ angry old white man who knows nothing about what's actually happening.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies