Who'll win MO GOP Primary for Governor? (Aug. 2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:05:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who'll win MO GOP Primary for Governor? (Aug. 2)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who'll get the GOP nod?
John Brunner

Eric Greitens

Catherine Hanaway

Peter Kinder

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Who'll win MO GOP Primary for Governor? (Aug. 2)  (Read 1388 times)
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2016, 11:26:16 PM »

I am quite glad Greitens won the primary. I have always thought he would be the easiest one to beat for Koster. I am fairly confident in Koster's chances.

I do not live in the state currently, but my family and friends have complained how the four Republican candidates for governor were literally killing each other over the airwaves non stop. Hopefully, that can help Koster gain the advantage.

Fortunately this is all settled now, as this means we can finally get general election polling on MO-GOV and there are not constant hostile campaign commercials, that spill into Illinois and Kansas also.

Missouri may be a conservative state, but it is not overtly partisan by any means.  People as conservative as Akin have won statewide in less conservatives states (i.e. Ernst in  Iowa). Granted, 2012 and 2014 were different years though.
JMT

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2016, 11:59:38 PM »

While I did think Brunner would win, I am not shocked that Greitens prevailed. I am surprised about the margin, though. It seemed like most polls showed a race within the margin of error, so to win the primary by about 10 points is pretty impressive.

Another interesting tidbit of information about this race that I found interesting is that Democrats just nominated a former Republican (Koster), while Republicans just nominated a former Democrat (Greitens). I thought that was an interesting thing.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2016, 06:34:40 PM »

I'm not surprised. Brunner won the area I was in and got over thirty percent in basically all the counties there, even the ones he lost.(Southwest Missouri)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies