Southeast Run-Off Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:18:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southeast Run-Off Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Southeast Run-Off Results Thread  (Read 3139 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2005, 08:52:29 AM »

As of Cosmo Kramer's vote, StatesRights' has a 5-1 lead.

Lt. Gov. StatesRights
Harry
Bono
Ebowed
Dave
Cosmo Kramer

Gov. Dubya
HTMLdon

TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 08:55:00 AM »

All these votes are the same as in the general. Who might change votes? Who might not vote in the runoff?
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 08:59:21 AM »

All these votes are the same as in the general. Who might change votes? Who might not vote in the runoff?

I believe Jake is on vacation, so that'll cost StatesRights one vote. All the votes are the same so far. But NClib may be able to vote for Dubya this time, his vote was disqualified because of editing last time. Despite the lead, things don't look good for StatesRights.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 09:43:36 AM »

Dibble switches sides.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 09:47:17 AM »

I am now terribly sorry that I voted for him for Vice President.

TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 09:52:28 AM »

SamSpade voted for Dubya in no fewer than three endorsements (Constitutional Union, Right to Life, and NRA). Yet he voted statesrights in the election (which caused the tie.) To me this is the vote to watch. With his nullification efforts, statesrights told our senators their efforts, their bills  really didn't have much authority with him. Why Spade wants him as governor is beyond me. Dibble too. Why he'd put the rights of the state above the rights of the individual is beyond me. Although I'm betting the whole "nullification" of the two gub. votes last weekend will have a slight backlash in favor of states. The whole thing, including Dubya's statement he'd resign if elected, put a bad taste in my mouth.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 09:54:24 AM »

I have the results 8-3 StatesRights lead.

Lt. Gov. StatesRights
Harry
Bono
Ebowed
Dave
Cosmo Kramer
StatesRights
Josh22
John Dibble

Gov. Dubya
HTMLdon
Ben Meyers
Dubya

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 10:16:41 AM »

SamSpade voted for Dubya in no fewer than three endorsements (Constitutional Union, Right to Life, and NRA). Yet he voted statesrights in the election (which caused the tie.) To me this is the vote to watch. With his nullification efforts, statesrights told our senators their efforts, their bills  really didn't have much authority with him. Why Spade wants him as governor is beyond me. Dibble too. Why he'd put the rights of the state above the rights of the individual is beyond me. Although I'm betting the whole "nullification" of the two gub. votes last weekend will have a slight backlash in favor of states. The whole thing, including Dubya's statement he'd resign if elected, put a bad taste in my mouth.

Um, you don't even have the "crisis" down right. As I said all along  I would respect whatever the courts decision may be. You are just uninformed on the matter or a liar. I certainly think its the former though. You can ask spade and dibble themselves what I told them in IM. Instead of crucifying me on your cross of half truths find out what the facts of the matter were before passing judgement? Seriously, give me that chance.
WiseGuy

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 10:42:21 AM »

SamSpade voted for Dubya in no fewer than three endorsements (Constitutional Union, Right to Life, and NRA). Yet he voted statesrights in the election (which caused the tie.) To me this is the vote to watch. With his nullification efforts, statesrights told our senators their efforts, their bills  really didn't have much authority with him. Why Spade wants him as governor is beyond me. Dibble too. Why he'd put the rights of the state above the rights of the individual is beyond me. Although I'm betting the whole "nullification" of the two gub. votes last weekend will have a slight backlash in favor of states. The whole thing, including Dubya's statement he'd resign if elected, put a bad taste in my mouth.

I only considered resigning if I won the first election in order to clear up the controversy over nclib's and josh22's votes by holding another one.  Since the votes were tied, that became unnecessary.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »

I only considered resigning if I won the first election in order to clear up the controversy over nclib's and josh22's votes by holding another one.  Since the votes were tied, that became unnecessary.
If Josh and nclib were told that editing their votes would invalidate their votes, I see no reason you should have deemed the results illegitimate or questionable, had you won. I still plan on voting for you.
WiseGuy

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 11:02:33 AM »

I didn't think that there was any problem, either, but Ebowed, SamSpade, and BrandonH all said something about holding another election.  Thanks for your support.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 11:08:02 AM »

Um, you don't even have the "crisis" down right. As I said all along  I would respect whatever the courts decision may be. You are just uninformed on the matter or a liar. I certainly think its the former though. You can ask spade and dibble themselves what I told them in IM. Instead of crucifying me on your cross of half truths find out what the facts of the matter were before passing judgement? Seriously, give me that chance.

I did not mean you literally told them. As I said "by your ...efforts." Although here:

My second act as Governor of the SE Region is to immediately nullify The Marriage Equity Act. I feel that the people of the Southeast have not had the right to voice their opinion on this matter, the proper manner in which this issue should be addressed and that's at the polls. I feel this Act oversteps the bounds of the federal government and is a clear violation of region rights. The southeast will no longer recognize any "gay marriage" as a legal contract of any sort. I would ask for a citizen of the southeast to propose a bill dealing with this matter, if he/she wishes, so it can be voted for by the citizens of the southeast.      

Might I remind you that in the Powers of the Senate and the Regions amendment the power to set and define marriage is delegated to the Senate not to the Regions. Thus all of your actions are unconstitutional, are illegal and treason against the Constitution of Atlasia.

I feel the federal govt of Atlasia has overstepped its bounds in regard to power. Federal power is getting out of control and I plan on crushing an obnoxious and instrusive govt. before it starts. I am defending the right of the people to have a voice and stopping a Senatorial tyranny.

You
1. had called the Senate tyrannical. I believe this supports my claim that you were trying to usurp the power that the senate, including Spade, had exercised. You tried to invalidate their work- you claim the Senate was abusing its power, unless tyrannical means something I'm not aware of.

2. May have ultimately said you would support whatever the S. Court said, but here in the act that initiated the crisis had no indication that the court was needed. You claimed that it was the people of the Southeast who needed to be consulted, not the Supreme Court.

It was your OPINION (see "I feel" above) that the federal government had overstepped its bounds. I disagree with that opinion. I support the federal government's efforts to protect the rights of individuals, including gays and lesbians. Perusing other posts, I was not alone on this belief. While you and I have different opinions on the matter, I don't see how I have distorted the facts or lied, beyond the figurative "told our senators" which was modified buy "With his efforts" which I thought was sufficient to indicate you hadn't literally said it. Seeing the "tyrranical Senate" remark, I'm not sure I was off base. Apologies if you feel I misrepresented you, but I think it's a difference of opinion rather than a lack of truth. I wish for the federal government to protect our rights against acts of the state. I don't see you share that view.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 11:26:35 AM »

Cash,

At that time the senate WAS acting in a tyrannical matter on certain social issues. Even Sam agreed with me on the matter! That's why he opposed such laws that I was against. The right of the regions IMHO is more important then some gargantuan centralized government. The threat to the people is not the state, who's vested interest is to protect the individual, the real threat is a centralized government whos' ideals are with lobbyists and every race, sex, gender pandering whiny liberal group in existence. I felt I was protecting the individuals from having secularism shuved down their throat. Now I know a small minority in the southeast disagreed with me but in a true Republic the majority opinion is what really matters overall. And I throw down my gloves as before and say again, "Straight marriage today, straight marriage tomorrow, straight marriage FOREVER!"

This is my fantasy character!
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 01:38:09 PM »

I didn't think that there was any problem, either, but Ebowed, SamSpade, and BrandonH all said something about holding another election.  Thanks for your support.

As an FYI, I never said anything about holding another election, and would never.  I didn't have any problem with the results, I just had problems with people trying to alter them.

And yes, I do like ties.  This Dubya/StatesRights battle is becoming of epic proportions.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 01:41:31 PM »

There are presently eight eligible voters left in the SE:

nclib
BrandonH
Cash
Sam Spade
ThePrezMex
Jake
AU2H0
Q
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2005, 01:47:46 PM »

nclib
BrandonH
Cash
Sam Spade
ThePrezMex
Jake
AU2H0
Q
Well, Jake won't make it.
WiseGuy

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2005, 02:09:37 PM »

As an FYI, I never said anything about holding another election, and would never. I didn't have any problem with the results, I just had problems with people trying to alter them.

And yes, I do like ties. This Dubya/StatesRights battle is becoming of epic proportions.

I'm sorry, I guess I must have had you confused with someone else.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 02:25:07 PM »

If StatesRights wins another term as governor after last time, I'm going to really start to wonder about the Southeast's ability to learn from their mistakes...

The fact of the matter is that the Senate did pass a constitutional amendment that would leave marriage up to the regions - but the people had their say, and their say was that they didn't want it.  You can no longer blame the Senate for the fact that marriage is not left up to the regions.  You say that "in a true Republic the majority opinion is what really matters overall", but if this is really true, then why are you dead set on opposing the majority opinion on the topic of gay marriage?
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 02:28:26 PM »

nclib
BrandonH
Cash
Sam Spade
ThePrezMex
Jake
AU2H0
Q
Well, Jake won't make it.

These look heavily in favor of Dubya.  Even though he’s not doing to well right now, I still predict a win for the incumbent.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 08:13:46 PM »

8-4 StatesRights lead.

Lt. Gov. StatesRights
Harry
Bono
Ebowed
Dave
Cosmo Kramer
StatesRights
Josh22
John Dibble

Gov. Dubya
HTMLdon
Ben Meyers
Dubya
BrandonH

Dubya needs to start chipping away.

Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2005, 08:17:51 PM »

We are so screwed.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2005, 08:24:48 PM »

A Governor StatesRights is inevitible
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2005, 08:28:28 PM »

Actually I'm worried he may lose this one.  He has a solid lead now, but Dubya's fans haven't all voted yet...
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2005, 08:35:27 PM »

Preston, why do you hate Atlasia so much? Tongue
MHS2002

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 1.57

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2005, 08:44:06 PM »

Last week

StatesRights
StatesRights
Jake
Democratic "Hawk"
Cosmo Kramer
Harry
Bono
Sam Spade
Ebowed

Dubya
htmldon
ThePrezMex
John Dibble
Dubya
Ben Meyers
Q
Brandon H
Cash

This Week

StatesRights
Harry
Ebowed
Bono
Democratic "Hawk"
Cosmo Kramer
States Rights
josh22 (+1 for States)
John Dibble (+1 for States, -1 for Dubya)

Dubya
htmldon
Ben Meyers
Dubya
Brandon H

So, as of right now, States has gained 2 votes from last week, while Dubya has lost 1.

Extrapolating from last week would give States a 10-7 win, but that's all assumption at this point.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies