After disasterous RNC Speech who will challenge Ted Cruz in Senate GOP Primary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:53:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  After disasterous RNC Speech who will challenge Ted Cruz in Senate GOP Primary?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: After disasterous RNC Speech who will challenge Ted Cruz in Senate GOP Primary?  (Read 1755 times)
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2016, 09:19:25 AM »

I've got to say, it would be fun to see Cruz wipe the floor with some Trump disciple in 2 years.
JMT

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2016, 09:48:02 AM »

I'd hate to see all the money sucked up in safe-R Texas instead of going to competitive states, but Cruz vs. Perry would be such a fun race. Seeing Cruz murder Perry would be a satisfying conclusion, as well.

Wonder who (probably 'who' and not 'if' at this point) will challenge Flake. I would think he'd be much more vulnerable to a Trump-revanchist challenge. Maybe Jan Brewer, continuing the theme of hilarious has-been Governors?

I highly doubt Rick Perry would challenge Cruz, Perry knows he would lose that one. And Perry also endorsed Cruz's campaign for President after Perry dropped out, so I don't see that happening. Perry may want to run for office in Texas again at some point (likely never running for President again, but maybe another statewide run / house seat run left in Perry), but running against Cruz isn't the opening for him to return to public life.

Jeff Flake is likely to have a primary challenge, I agree. It could come from a Trump-like candidate, or a Cruz-like candidate who runs to Flake's right. Jan Brewer is an interesting thought, I could actually see her running for his seat in two years. 
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2016, 05:47:51 PM »

I'd hate to see all the money sucked up in safe-R Texas instead of going to competitive states, but Cruz vs. Perry would be such a fun race. Seeing Cruz murder Perry would be a satisfying conclusion, as well.

Wonder who (probably 'who' and not 'if' at this point) will challenge Flake. I would think he'd be much more vulnerable to a Trump-revanchist challenge. Maybe Jan Brewer, continuing the theme of hilarious has-been Governors?
Sarah Palin, Paul Vallely, Joe Arpaio, or Lori Klein, four other Trump endorsers in Arizona, could also try primarying Flake.

Vallely is in Arizona, IIRC.

As to the main topic, Katrina Pierson could primary Cruz.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2016, 07:43:11 AM »

A trumpist destroying Cruz in Texas will be wonderful, and get rid of the Cruz-like conservatives.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies