Voting rights bills and lawsuits megathread (Updated: April 27th 2020) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:25:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Voting rights bills and lawsuits megathread (Updated: April 27th 2020) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Voting rights bills and lawsuits megathread (Updated: April 27th 2020)  (Read 183211 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« on: January 31, 2018, 09:12:08 PM »

Does anyone (particularly people who follow NJ politics) know when Murphy/legislature intend to bring up election reform bills? (eg Democracy Act). I haven't been able to see any movement on this and I didn't see much at all scheduled on the legislative calendar.

I really hope they aren't going to drag their feet on this until Summer-ish. If they pass something now, they would have some time to implement parts of the reforms for 2018, such as in-person early voting and possibly a shorter registration deadline.

Well cotdamn:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

whyyyyyyyyyy FFS

At least it would take 60% to pass. I will bust my ass canvassing against this if they actually put it on the ballot. Top-two sucks bigly.

why dont they just do runoffs instead
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 01:46:48 AM »

Posted this in the C&L forum, but will do so here too.

Gov. DeSantis of Florida signed SB-7066 on Friday, making felons have to pay court fees and other costs to get their voting rights restored. Blatant disregard of the 2018 popular vote.

Um paying fines for crimes broken is part of the punishment
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies