Internal poll megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:28:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Internal poll megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Internal poll megathread  (Read 97335 times)
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 02, 2016, 02:10:11 PM »

Wow, I didn't really notice this thread.  Likewise, I've used it to update my ratings on how each congressional district will vote in the Presidential Election.  

Not that it matters much, since most states don't award electoral votes based on whoever wins each congressional district.  However, I would have bragging rights if I correctly predicted every CD for the presidential election.  Grin

Dos anyone know if there are polls for IL-6 and IL-14?  Obama lost both districts by 8% and 10% respectively, however that poll of the 10th shows Trump vastly under-preforming Romney's percentage there.  Trump seems like a pretty bad fit for the Chicago suburbs, so perhaps his weakness is not just limited to one district.    
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 03:19:20 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2016, 03:27:47 PM by Fuzzybigfoot »

Do the polls for Maine have a French speaking option?  Almost 4% (47,000) of Maine residents speak it, and most of them are likely located in the second district, closer to the Canadian border.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 03:21:11 PM »

Do the polls for Maine have a French option?  Almost 4% (47,000) of Maine residents speak it, and most of them are likely located in the second district, closer to the Canadian border.

In addition, many of the French towns bordering Canada vote heavily Democratic.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 10:38:45 PM »

Any takers?  Tongue
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 01:52:54 AM »

Takers for what?  I doubt Maine pollsters poll in French.  As you pointed out, French-speaking Mainers are less than 10% of the population.  And most of them probably speak English, too, anyway, like many Québécois.

I honestly didn't know, that's why I was asking. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies