Internal poll megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:32:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Internal poll megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Internal poll megathread  (Read 96249 times)
BoAtlantis

« on: October 06, 2016, 04:23:24 PM »

Does anyone know if internal polling is more accurate than public polls?

I'd imagine so since they use voter registration files and go by vote history rather than people that claim they're likely to vote. Public polls I imagine understate Democrat voters who tell pollsters they're unsure of voting but end up voting anyway.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 04:15:16 PM »

If I'm seeing a pattern here, internal polls seem to be even more optimistic about Hillary's chances.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 08:31:55 PM »

Not internal polling per se, but a good deep dive into the Florida operation by former Obama state organizer Steve Schale. He seems to think Florida is a lock for Clinton by 4-5 points, down ballot could be interesting:

http://steveschale.squarespace.com/blog/2016/10/21/18-days-out-are-dems-gonna-dem.html

David Plouffe, Obama campaign manager, said Hillary has "100%" chance of winning. Democrat internals are very data-analytic so their words should be weighted heavily even if biased.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 07:32:02 AM »

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/790887012622565377

Jonathan Martin from the NYT reports that the Upshot/Siena poll of NC poll showing Clinton up 7 mirrors private GOP polling.

How did GOP internals get so accurate? These guys were predicting Romney landslide.

Or are they over-compensating for their embarrassment in 2012?
BoAtlantis

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 06:02:27 PM »

John HarwoodVerified account
‏@JohnJHarwood
top GOP pollster: "What we're seeing is Johnson and Stein trending down, and going to Clinton."

I saw an article today that millennials are coming home for Clinton more and more, which dovetails nicely with what you said.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 07:35:43 AM »

John Harwood

"Trump strategist at last weekend: "MI/PA/WI break our hearts. We win OH/NC/IA; NH/FL toss-up. We win those, LONG night waiting for NV/CO/AZ""

"Clinton strategist on lead entering final weekend: "Solid. Things improved a bit last two days. basically same as we were a week or two ago""
BoAtlantis

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 08:11:52 AM »

John Harwood

"Trump strategist at last weekend: "MI/PA/WI break our hearts. We win OH/NC/IA; NH/FL toss-up. We win those, LONG night waiting for NV/CO/AZ""

"Clinton strategist on lead entering final weekend: "Solid. Things improved a bit last two days. basically same as we were a week or two ago""

The Trump person isn't talking about polling, they're talking about a path. A least Clinton's is talking about the lay of the land.

MI/WI/PA, I think she's talking about polling partially because she seems to imply it's out of reach with few days to go.

The rest of them, she means they need to win all of them.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 09:44:47 AM »

John Harwood

"top GOP Senate strategist: "All races w/in MOE. think we have IN. concerned about PA/NV this morning. Trump finishing well. comes up short""
BoAtlantis

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 10:04:55 AM »

Not really related to internal but

@ppppolls What's your view on OH?

PPP: "Pretty good chance it will be closest state in the country and someone wins by less than a point- our last had Hillary narrowly ahead"
BoAtlantis

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 05:29:59 PM »

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/democratic-insiders-hillarys-ground-game-will-sink-trump-230718

Not internal polling but here are where each team stands.

"a panel of activists, strategists and operatives in 11 swing states, seven of which are seeing significant early- and absentee-voting operations. In those seven states where large numbers of voters are expected to cast their ballots before Election Day — Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio and Wisconsin — more than three-quarters of Democrats think their party has done a better job turning out key voters thus far.

Democratic insiders are most confident in Colorado, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio and Wisconsin. They express more uncertainty in Florida and Iowa.

"Republicans, meanwhile, were split across these early voting states. Overall, 40 percent said the GOP was doing the better job, compared with 31 percent who said Democrats were overperforming. Another 29 percent said neither party had a discernible advantage."

"(The question wasn’t posed to insiders in Michigan, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Virginia — states that don't offer early voting and have more restrictive absentee ballot requirements.)"
BoAtlantis

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2016, 05:59:03 PM »

Peter Alexander ‏@PeterAlexander
NEW: Trump top aide says their internals show Michigan a dead heat. Looking to add Trump MI stop Mon or Tues in addition to Sun rally there"
BoAtlantis

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2016, 09:18:22 AM »

"John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood  1m1 minute ago
Priebus on Michigan: "we’ve invested over $100M in data. track race far better than any polling. predictive modeling tells us it's tied""
BoAtlantis

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2016, 10:36:26 AM »

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/795263277613846528

Trump's internal map lol
BoAtlantis

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2016, 11:36:09 AM »

‏@JohnJHarwood  13s13 seconds ago

3 GOP pollsters I asked this am -  #1: HRC w/304 EVs (losing OH/NC/NH); #2: 322 EVs (winning NC/NH, losing ME-2); #3: 323 EVs (winning ME-2)

So they're conceding FL.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 04:15:57 PM »

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood
Trump campaign chief Bannon, when I asked for his Election Day results forecast: "We're too busy winning this baby. I don't want to jinx it"
BoAtlantis

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 05:20:42 PM »

John Heilmann on WADR says that the Clinton team says their internals "bottomed out" last Wednesday following the Comey letter with the race getting "tight" and since then things have improved with some "breathing room"

Just enough time for some recovery.
BoAtlantis

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 08:14:53 AM »

For those fretting about MI
https://twitter.com/ericheggie

"Eric Heggie ‏@ericheggie  6h6 hours ago
Some of you may wonder why  @realDonaldTrump will not win Michigan, well let me lay out why from both public and some internal data 1/?"

"So first is the public data, in last weeks Fox 2 Detroit poll Trump was losing over 65 year olds by double digits to Clinton, which... 2/?"

"matches what we are seeing internally.  He's losing them BIGLY. You can't win MI as an R while losing over 65 year olds. Now for the 3/?"

"Internal info. We have over 160K hard IDs in MI.  Our last persuasion pass was Friday and we were talking to a very bad universe for us 4/?"

"If a Republican is going to win MI they should be winning that universe, but anyone want to take a guess how late Undecideds/R's moved? 6/x"

"Clinton won that universe by 5 pts, which she should not be doing if Trump has any hope of winning in Michigan. #MAGA ain't happening. 7/7"

.@jcpolls I think she wins it closer to 8.  Around what Obama did."

.@akaashkolluri no we are not. All the polls show her winning Michigan. Data from the field shows it too."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies