Internal poll megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:12:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Internal poll megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Internal poll megathread  (Read 94992 times)
PollsDontLie
nirvanayoda
Rookie

« on: November 01, 2016, 02:19:38 PM »

Wow, it sounds nice, given that this is PPP Tongue

Why?

PPP is a landline pollster, which generally favors the GOP.

They don't favor GOP in this cycly, no.

But anyways, I was talking about their message. They likely won't publish those polls, why my interpretation is that their "Clinton +3-5" are D-friendly and means sort of: Clinton is at best +3-5 Tongue

We'll see soon.
Or they won't publish polls because they are not doing any public polls for the last two weeks.  All private.

Right, but in many cases if the poll is favorable to the Democrat (PPP's client, generally), they'll release the poll.  Given that we haven't seen any PPP polls in something like a week, my guess is the battleground trends aren't looking particularly favorable for Clinton, even if she remains ahead in them.
PollsDontLie
nirvanayoda
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 03:05:33 PM »

Wow, it sounds nice, given that this is PPP Tongue

Why?

PPP is a landline pollster, which generally favors the GOP.

They don't favor GOP in this cycly, no.

But anyways, I was talking about their message. They likely won't publish those polls, why my interpretation is that their "Clinton +3-5" are D-friendly and means sort of: Clinton is at best +3-5 Tongue

We'll see soon.
Or they won't publish polls because they are not doing any public polls for the last two weeks.  All private.

Right, but in many cases if the poll is favorable to the Democrat (PPP's client, generally), they'll release the poll.  Given that we haven't seen any PPP polls in something like a week, my guess is the battleground trends aren't looking particularly favorable for Clinton, even if she remains ahead in them.

No, PPP's client will release the poll. PPP has no say if their private polls are released.

By "they'll release the poll", I meant "PPP's client will release the poll".  You're correct.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies