Internal poll megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:11:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Internal poll megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 32
Author Topic: Internal poll megathread  (Read 94822 times)
HillOfANight
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: October 14, 2016, 08:40:09 AM »

NBC moved the Dakotas and Montana to Lean Republican on their battleground map...do they have access to polling that we don't have to make that conclusion?

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-10-04/which-states-can-gary-johnson-and-jill-stein-spoil

Clarity Campaign Labs is projecting Montana to be a 1.1 Trump win. A Johnson surge or Trump collapse could move it in her favor.

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #301 on: October 14, 2016, 08:47:57 AM »

NBC moved the Dakotas and Montana to Lean Republican on their battleground map...do they have access to polling that we don't have to make that conclusion?

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-10-04/which-states-can-gary-johnson-and-jill-stein-spoil

Clarity Campaign Labs is projecting Montana to be a 1.1 Trump win. A Johnson surge or Trump collapse could move it in her favor.

They're dreaming.  I can't see the third party vote breaking double digits anywhere except Utah, NM, and maybe Alaska.
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #302 on: October 14, 2016, 08:50:52 AM »

They're dreaming.  I can't see the third party vote breaking double digits anywhere except Utah, NM, and maybe Alaska.

Yeah, they really are. At least a month ago it would have been cute theorizing, but it's very clear in the polling that a regular 3rd party collapse is well underway.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #303 on: October 14, 2016, 09:03:37 AM »

Arkansas? Oklahoma? They can't be serious.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #304 on: October 14, 2016, 09:12:35 AM »

Arkansas? Oklahoma? They can't be serious.

Well if third party vote share was 16% and took exclusively from Trump it is possible but it's not anywhere close to what actually will happen.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #305 on: October 14, 2016, 09:18:00 AM »

Montana MAYBE. The others are insanity (and not states historically friendly to 3rd parties)
HillOfANight
« Reply #306 on: October 14, 2016, 12:18:06 PM »

Well, Monmouth's IN/MO poll match Clarity's expectation exactly, and the AZ margin is close to the polling average.

Considering that polling is sparse in Okalahoma/Arkansas/Montana, maybe we have to suspend our disbelief for this crazy 2016.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #307 on: October 14, 2016, 12:26:52 PM »

Well, Monmouth's IN/MO poll match Clarity's expectation exactly, and the AZ margin is close to the polling average.

Considering that polling is sparse in Okalahoma/Arkansas/Montana, maybe we have to suspend our disbelief for this crazy 2016.

Oklahoma and Arkansas are along with West Virginia the quintessential Trump states.
It's no coincidence that they trended sharply Republican during the Obama years.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #308 on: October 16, 2016, 01:45:15 PM »
« Edited: October 16, 2016, 01:46:53 PM by dspNY »

CNN Inside Politics: Internal Republican polling has Trump trailing by double digits in PA and NH. As a result, Toomey and Ayotte also trail, but only by a few points. In NV, their polling has Trump "trailing by single digits, but Joe Heck up a little." That information is in the CNN embedded video.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/16/politics/ip-forecast-clinton-red-states-trump-down-ballot/index.html
dspNY
United States

« Reply #309 on: October 16, 2016, 01:52:51 PM »

Other tidbits on AZ and GA: Clinton's team thinks they have a better shot at AZ than GA. Robby Mook doesn't want to expand the map because his thinking is to get the 270 EVs as painlessly as possible. However there are talks to plan trips to AZ and/or GA in the last week or two if their polling says they're in striking distance. They consider GA winnable but tough because the Atlanta suburbs are still behaving more like traditional GOP suburbs than the DC, Charlotte or Research Triangle suburbs
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #310 on: October 16, 2016, 02:01:48 PM »

Other tidbits on AZ and GA: Clinton's team thinks they have a better shot at AZ than GA. Robby Mook doesn't want to expand the map because his thinking is to get the 270 EVs as painlessly as possible. However there are talks to plan trips to AZ and/or GA in the last week or two if their polling says they're in striking distance. They consider GA winnable but tough because the Atlanta suburbs are still behaving more like traditional GOP suburbs than the DC, Charlotte or Research Triangle suburbs
I can see that. It is where a Senior Developer and a Hospital Revenue Bureaucrat can still have 2.5 kids and still live like Republicans.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #311 on: October 16, 2016, 02:35:37 PM »

If these states' senate races were competitive then I'm pretty sure she would contest them more vigorously.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #312 on: October 16, 2016, 02:47:10 PM »

Hmmm that's interesting strategic logic there. I understand the concept of wanting to focus time and resources on OH,FL, and NC and a lesser extent NV, but I think they might be playing it too safe in the case of AZ, which statewide polling and Trump's own internals clearly consider to be endangered, judging by his repeated recent visits to the state, and it is worth it in the long term to boost Dem turnout and infrastructure in a state that is starting to shift purple. GA, I can understand considering the structural advantages the Reps have and how difficult it is to get that extra 1% to move it across the finish line, not to mention the cost of the Atlanta media market.

However, I would trade IA for AZ any day as a medium and longer term investment.
calvinhobbesliker
Rookie

« Reply #313 on: October 16, 2016, 04:02:39 PM »

Hmmm that's interesting strategic logic there. I understand the concept of wanting to focus time and resources on OH,FL, and NC and a lesser extent NV, but I think they might be playing it too safe in the case of AZ, which statewide polling and Trump's own internals clearly consider to be endangered, judging by his repeated recent visits to the state, and it is worth it in the long term to boost Dem turnout and infrastructure in a state that is starting to shift purple. GA, I can understand considering the structural advantages the Reps have and how difficult it is to get that extra 1% to move it across the finish line, not to mention the cost of the Atlanta media market.

However, I would trade IA for AZ any day as a medium and longer term investment.

I think they care more about running up the score in PA, NH, NC, and maybe Florida to try and win the Senate races there, instead of going for AZ/GA which would look nice on the final map but don't (right now) have competitive Senate races to justify the effort.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #314 on: October 16, 2016, 04:05:44 PM »

chelsea is going to be in arizona soon.

more like toe-dipping i guess.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #315 on: October 16, 2016, 05:08:49 PM »

NBC article on Arizona today - nothing about internal polls but related to the posts above.

Arizona seems to be the prime candidate for playing the role Indiana did in 2008—a state that one wouldn't expect to tip over to the Democrat, but where a serious asymmetry in ground game coupled with a bad macro environment for the Republican makes for a surprise.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-risk-losing-arizona-state-officials-say-n667281
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #316 on: October 16, 2016, 05:14:16 PM »

Ads only help very marginally and it's not like Trump is spending anything in AZ or GA either. If Hillary wins by over 7% nationally then AZ is possible and GA at maybe 8% or so. I would add an Atlanta rally because it's easy to schedule between FL and NC visits.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #317 on: October 16, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »

Lake Research (D) finds Trump +1 on behalf of the Alaska Democratic Party, 500 likely voters

http://midnightsunak.com/2016/10/16/midnight-sun-exclusive-new-poll-shows-trump-clinton-tied-alaska/

Trump 37% (-1)
Clinton 36% (+6)
Johnson 7% (-4)
Stein 3% (+1)

Results as compared to 8/9-14
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #318 on: October 16, 2016, 06:09:56 PM »

Probably something like +5, then, which sounds right.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #319 on: October 16, 2016, 06:50:21 PM »

How does NBC define lean versus safe?
dspNY
United States

« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2016, 06:56:28 PM »

I don't know...I don't work for them and they haven't revealed the secret sauce recipe

Alaska amazingly will move to Lean Republican with this poll. Even taking into account that this is a Dem internal, the last four polls have been Trump by 8, 6, 3, and now 1. Each pollster (Ivan Moore Research and Lake Research) has shown a five point shift to Clinton since the first debate and the Access Hollywood tapes
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #321 on: October 16, 2016, 07:06:39 PM »

I don't know...I don't work for them and they haven't revealed the secret sauce recipe

My one question, cheap Google Consumer Research South Dakota poll that's currently in the field is only half-done, but so far, I can tell you there are no real surprises except perhaps the Johnson percentage.  It's pretty much in line with what I expected from South Dakota.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #322 on: October 16, 2016, 10:23:04 PM »

https://twitter.com/thauserkstp/status/787854852709679104

MN-03 CD: SUSA Poll

Clinton 48%
Trump 35%
Johnson 4%
Stein 1%
Other/Undecided 11%

Obama won this district in 2012 by less than 1%.

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #323 on: October 16, 2016, 10:27:27 PM »

Clinton 48%
Trump 35%
Johnson 4%
Stein 1%
Other/Undecided 11%

This doesn't seem like an internal but it does show that Clinton will romp Trump in Minnesota.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #324 on: October 16, 2016, 10:30:40 PM »

Clinton 48%
Trump 35%
Johnson 4%
Stein 1%
Other/Undecided 11%

This doesn't seem like an internal but it does show that Clinton will romp Trump in Minnesota.

Not an Internal. Didn't know the best place to post it and didn't think it deserved it's on thread so I figured it would be alright here.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 32  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies