Census Bureau of Atlasia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:57:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Census Bureau of Atlasia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Census Bureau of Atlasia  (Read 145066 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« on: July 22, 2016, 10:34:21 PM »

Notes: Civic Renewal is still a major party despite dissolution as there are more than three members that have yet to change to another party.
I believe (though I could be wrong) that when a party votes to officially dissolve, it's members are automatically counted as Independents unless and until they register with a new party.

Regardless, great work!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 01:48:45 PM »

^ Following the links provided in the OP to past offices of the Census Bureau, I discovered this conversation regarding the dissolution of the JCP and RPP in 2012 and the Census Bureau's policy on the matter:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Keep in mind, though, that there are still 29 Atlasians who count themselves as members of the JCP and 16 for the RPP [...]

[...] They become independents, don't they?

[/quote]
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 04:02:35 PM »

The Three Member Rule is no longer on the books, unless it was reinstated by the first elections bill. In the absence of a clear rule, the matter is left to the judgement of the RG; in my personal opinion, it makes little sense to continue to count Civic Renewal as a party after they have voted to disband, and precedent supports this conclusion.

Something that could potentially be tacked on to our elections package which already stipulates that a political party is 3 members, but it may be better to create separate legislation defining political parties and how they can form, dissolve, etc.
That would be a good idea.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 04:22:21 PM »

The three member rule was reinstated with the first election bill.
Ah. I still think that precedent is in favor of removing CR from the rolls, but it's obviously up to Peebs to decide the best course. In any event, clarifying this issue in the current election bill would be advisable.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 04:36:09 PM »

I would caution people from assuming Labor will go into third soon based on history (and if there's no formal dissolution, of course), the party still has a large base of zombies or members who are not that involved with the game. It's not that likely that sort of player would voluntarily abandon ship unless prompted to.
I will be extremely surprised if the relevant parties aren't spamming the inboxes of every registered Laborite as we speak with entreaties to jump ship.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2018, 03:44:03 PM »

Just wanted to mention that Tea Party Hater - while registered in late January and is a valid voter - does not appear on the Census rolls.
Also, Poirot is registered in NY, not FL.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 09:20:56 AM »

Jesus, I was wrong in my wording and I apologize, can we just get over it?
Imprecise grammar is a capital offense.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2018, 02:22:24 PM »

The Fremont regional registration thread is linked in the first post of the "Public Information" thread (currently the top stickied thread on the Regional Governments board). I'll note that as regional party registrations are a function of the Fremontian government, however, any federal census would be strictly speculative and unofficial.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 04:30:29 PM »

The last couple of Censuses have included data on regional party registration, but there are pervasive errors. Of course, legally, this doesn't even fall under the SoFE's jurisdiction; the first minister is supposed to keep a record of each citizen's regional party, but no FM has updated the census since I left office.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 06:32:18 PM »

The last couple of Censuses have included data on regional party registration, but there are pervasive errors. Of course, legally, this doesn't even fall under the SoFE's jurisdiction; the first minister is supposed to keep a record of each citizen's regional party, but no FM has updated the census since I left office.

News to me. Anyone have a link to when this information was last updated?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=257308.msg5920846#msg5920846

And the relevant statute:

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Regional_Party_Label_Act

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2019, 10:05:50 PM »

My sincerest condolences on behalf of the House for failing to make your life easier with the Make Peebs Happy Act. And thank you for working so hard to code HTML for us so beautifully!

I agree. I mean let’s het real if your party can’t get at least 2% of the population, then you can’t call yourself a party.
Atlasia will literally explode if joke parties that haven't been active for months aren't included in the Census.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 05:32:35 PM »

RRP is the Railroad Party, I believe.

Fremont:
MEA: Meadowlark Party: Big Tent Populist and Environmentalist Party
FF: Fianna Fremont: Progressive
FTR: Fremont Trans Rights Party: Trans Rights
Not to take over Peebs' thread, but I would hesitate to describe any party that includes ASV as "populist."
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2020, 10:37:38 PM »

RRP is the Railroad Party, I believe.

Fremont:
MEA: Meadowlark Party: Big Tent Populist and Environmentalist Party
FF: Fianna Fremont: Progressive
FTR: Fremont Trans Rights Party: Trans Rights
Not to take over Peebs' thread, but I would hesitate to describe any party that includes ASV as "populist."

Regional Rights Party?
No, it's definitely the Railroad Party. Sestak is the only member and created it to promote public transit.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies