FL-GQR: Clinton +5 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:14:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  FL-GQR: Clinton +5 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-GQR: Clinton +5  (Read 1121 times)
Dutch Conservative
jwhueting
Rookie
Netherlands

« on: July 15, 2016, 12:29:50 PM »

Question: if you are a Republican, would you rather have a 68-20 lead among under-educated white people or among educated white people? Even if it is a smaller demographic, I'd rather have the educated whites. Educated white people can convince under-educated white people and can assuage concerns of minorities. Under-educated white people can convince only each other. They don't get much respect from ethnic or racial minorities.  If anything, educated white voters might be able to make cogent reasons for not voting for Donald Trump -- and convince erstwhile Trump supporters that he will disappoint them.* Donald Trump, by doing so badly among educated white people by the standard of any Republican since Goldwater, practically ensures that such support as he now gets is all that he gets.  

*My line?   Some of the first decisions by Donald Trump will be which promises must he must break.

Gee, you must be a very educated man.
Dutch Conservative
jwhueting
Rookie
Netherlands

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 04:02:08 AM »

Question: if you are a Republican, would you rather have a 68-20 lead among under-educated white people or among educated white people? Even if it is a smaller demographic, I'd rather have the educated whites. Educated white people can convince under-educated white people and can assuage concerns of minorities. Under-educated white people can convince only each other. They don't get much respect from ethnic or racial minorities.  If anything, educated white voters might be able to make cogent reasons for not voting for Donald Trump -- and convince erstwhile Trump supporters that he will disappoint them.* Donald Trump, by doing so badly among educated white people by the standard of any Republican since Goldwater, practically ensures that such support as he now gets is all that he gets.  

*My line?   Some of the first decisions by Donald Trump will be which promises must he must break.

Gee, you must be a very educated man.

I know how well-educated people behave and how strong their verbal skills are. Well-educated people might convince others; ill-educated people generally don't unless of personal experience. That's why the dumb retail clerks sell stuff that needs little explaining and the smart ones end up selling big-ticket items. 

Remember All in the Family? Archie Bunker tried to discuss complicated realities and made a fool of himself while trying to do so. It was good for laughs even if Archie (Carroll O'Connor) was playing it as straight as he could. The show would not have worked had such not been the usual experience of people of the time.

Ok, I understand your point. But it should be the job of politicians to connect with that part of the electorate. I think it's dangerous to look down upon the 'low educated' part of the country. I personally always try to understand their worries and try to not judge them.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies