NBC/WSJ/Marist: Clinton up in CO, FL, NC, VA (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:29:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NBC/WSJ/Marist: Clinton up in CO, FL, NC, VA (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NBC/WSJ/Marist: Clinton up in CO, FL, NC, VA  (Read 7853 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: July 17, 2016, 07:01:07 PM »

Hillary is doing better than Obama with White Southern women ("Bill Clinton women", lol). That's devastating because Republicans can't afford to lose any White support in states like NC and VA.

Personal anecdote about this, my fiancée is from suburban Nashville. Her paternal grandmother has been a Republican since about 04, but she's voting for Clinton this cycle because Trump disgusts her. Also her half sister (fiancée's great aunt), who's been a Republican since about Reagan has said she's planning on leaving the Presidential line blank or not even going to the polls on election day. Her other grandmother has been a Democrat her entire life, but is the most excited she's ever been for an election because of Hillary Clinton. While this is only a personal anecdote, I can't imagine it's an exclusive situation.
But if Hillary doing better than Obama with White Southern women and still have approximately the same margin than Obama over Romney, it implies, that she is doing worse in other group{s}.
So there is probably a (probably old white man) person who have been Democrat since Jimmy Carter that's voting for Trump this cycle. Or? :/

It's possible, though I don't see many Obama (2012) -> Trump middle aged+ white male Southerns existing. If Clinton is ahead by mid-to-high single digits in FL, NC and VA, the margin is larger than it was in 2012.

Why not? In my family about half have swithe the part they're backing this election, many going in opposite directions. Trump is getting about 10-15% of the Obama vote in most swing states and Clinton generally gets 10-15% of the Romney vote. What makes NC so special?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies